PDA

View Full Version : Elmdor's Equipment

Dark Messenger
01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
How do you steal Elmdor's stuff?

At the beginning for every new game, I make sure to hire a female Sagitarrius and eventually make her a Thief and then a Ninja. This makes stealing easier. I also use Beowulf's Chicken to weaken Blade Grasp. Orlandu wipes out the Assassins. (also, throwing Dragon Whiskers does wonders to them) This is also the only battle where I use Chantage, on the stealing Ninja, since Elmdor does so much damage to her and I can use her to distract him from wiping out Beowulf or Ramza.

Now I have my own Samurai with Masamune and all the Genji equipment (Equip Shield is required for this).

I still haven't started Deep Dungeon, I'm training Cloud first.

BG-57
01-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I have all characters with 108 Gems equipped (to block Blood Suck), and several with Steal. I use the powerhouses like Orlandu and Agrias to wipe out the Assassins (I always opt to learn Ultima on the gates outside), then I surround Elmdor and Steal, Steal, Steal. Math Skills as secondary takes care of healing.

I have found that Setiemson is by far the best Perfume, since Auto-Haste one of the best positive status ailments in the game.

robfinalfantasy
01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
The only things I make sure are that:
Ramza has 108 gems equipped.
Ramza has the Guts ability so he can Yell.
Ramza has Excalibur equipped (haste).
I have at least one Lancer for killing the assassins
I have at least one Ninja for killing the assassins

I really don't use special characters other than Ramza and maybe Cloud.

Gilthanes
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Lets see.. what do I usually do

I usually have a powerhouse like Agrias master steal, I bring a group something to the effect of

Ramza with guts and draw out (kyomori and murasame help alot)
Orlandu with his swordskill
Beowulf with Chicken and Item subcommand (with Throw Item)
Agrias with Steal
Then either Mustadio or a random character with item/throw item, gun works nicely here

Equip everyone with 108 gems, having Excalibur on Orlandu helps alot. take out the assassins first turn before they can do anything, or at least kill 1 of them and then the next one the following turn. The faster you get the Assassins into demon form the easier the battle will be. Once Beowulf has chicken'd Elmdor down, use him and your 5th char to use x-potions to keep the group up from Elmdors area attacks.

Keep most of your group spread out, such that he will never hit more than 2 people with his area attack at a time. Once the demons are down, Ramza should be yelling at Agrias every turn while the item users keep whichever 2 ppl hit with Elmdors attacks healed with potions. You could opt to have Orlandu use items too but at this point of the fight he is useless, I throw him in the corner and let the other 4 do the work.

If you are getting horrible steal luck, it wont last long. After 10-20 minutes of the fight with Agrias being yelled at every turn, she'll begin stealing 2-3 times or more between Elmdors moves, making the fight go much quicker

(ps. take the shield first, makes it easier to steal everything else)