PDA

View Full Version : remember speed racer?

Dark Angel From Heaven
01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
god it;'s been so long since i thought aboutt his show, i used to love it when i was lil. lol some how it got brought up in a conva i was having with friends. do any of you rmemeber speed racer? did you like it? what was one of the fave parts you liked about it?

XxSephirothxX
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
The height of the show was always "Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer Goooooooo~!"

Classic cartoon with such horrible animation. :p I didn't see too much of it, but yeah, it was great. In that old, cheap yet lovable way.

Shlup
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I never liked Speed Racer, but, since you probably didn't hear, there're releasing a live action Speed Racer movie next year.

LunarWeaver
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
I watched some of it when I was younger, but I was never super into it. The best thing Speed Racer did was give Dexter's Laboratory a whole episode spoofing it. "Aaaaahhh?!? *face zoom*"

robfinalfantasy
01-31-2007, 02:25 AM
I loved Speed's reactions to certain events. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh" "Aaahhhhh". Also I didn't know that race cars explode as if they were atomic bombs.

I Took the Red Pill
01-31-2007, 03:12 AM
It was my favorite cartoon as a kid.

Dr Aum
01-31-2007, 03:42 AM
IT'S RIDGE RACER! RIIIIIIIIDGE RACE...

...SPEEEEEED RACEEEEEEERRRR!

(And sadly I've never had the opportunity to watch Speed Racer. This fact makes me feel sad and remiss.)

escobert
01-31-2007, 03:53 AM
My mom got me the box set for christmas :D

Rase
01-31-2007, 04:11 AM
It's important that I do not move because if I were to move that would add to the cost so if I stay perfectly still that would be preferable to moving because animation costs money.

It's great to watch and make fun of. Or mute if and provide your own voices. :D

ShunNakamura
01-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I loved Speed's reactions to certain events. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh" "Aaahhhhh". Also I didn't know that race cars explode as if they were atomic bombs.

I guess they are just really souped up?

I liked this show back when I watched it in ?early-mid? 90's. Animation is pretty meh compared to animation today.... Really surprised me when I saw an episode of it recently. I guess I just don't recall animation quality. oOr maybe it was just so bad that it traumatized me into forgeting it?

Bunny
01-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Go Speed Racer! GO!

This one wasn't my cup of tea, as Mr. 'n' Tonic would be fond of saying.

JKTrix
01-31-2007, 01:43 PM
The people who made Speed Racer made this show as well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karas_%28anime%29). Amazing what 40 years and some computers can do.

(Watch Karas, it's pretty cool.)

Nominus Experse
01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I hate it, though I enjoyed it as a mindless, immature, stupid kid that simply loved everything his father did since that was a fail-proof method of getting on his "good side" (which was basically his "I will ignore you" side, which was better than being noticed).

My father still watches it purportedly.

chaos_ghost
01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer! He's a demon on wheels!(That song is so on my playlist)

Anyway, the show was pretty funny to me. I wanna see the Japanese version(think it was called Mach Go Go Go. Not sure though) to see if it's as cheesy as the American version.

Vikeve
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Go Speed Racer Go!

I never watched that much of it.