PDA

View Full Version : angel-- done

rubah
01-31-2007, 04:57 AM
Please click this now:
http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/PICT3041.JPG

---

I decided to be ambitious

First off: I took this with my camera because I was too lazy to scan it. Although I am getting to be rather excellent with using my camera, it is still at an angle and it still does not reflect the colors properly. I have tried to recreate the original look in post, but what with gamma and my failure at recreating colors and the fact that I took the pic with a camera, I think the original looks better.

Second: I need an idea for a background xD Best idea so far, a sort of waterfall, because water is fun with watercolor pencils

http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/angelchick1.jpg

I have to finish it by thursday xD

[edit- her hair in the middle there makes me mad because it's poopy looking]

[edit-- Updated version here: http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/PICT3028.JPG ]

gixxerman
01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
hi nice attempt. i like the drawing, have u though about giving her a slight glow might be nice seeing as how she is an angel, also i personally would have the back ground dark in colour and it does not need to be busy either other wise its gunna lead your eye away from her which defeats the point of the drawing. Are u going to give any tone structure to her dress so it makes it look more 3d. Also 1 crit if u want it is to make her nose a bit more difined and a bit smaller if u can, it just looks slightly to big for her face and is giving her more of a manly look.
hope this helps u, no offense intended.

Nominus Experse
01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
You want to have her be the focus of the drawing, so be sure to draw the audience's eye to her by making the background appropiately. What I mean by this is the following:
If her dress is to be a light colour, make the background with dark colours, preferably cool and neutral. The opposite is applied to a dark dress, naturally. Also, it may be a wise choice to make the background seemingly blurred or nondescript.

Additional structure and direction of her dress and wings would be best, otherwise, she will appear flat and quite boring. Some texture given to her lips would be wise.

As for that of critiques, the features of her face and hand are too strikingly akin to that of a man. A smaller nose and hand, with less of a prominent chin would shift such a fault.

And I agree with gixxerman - a glow would be most appropriate, and would call on the paintings of ages past, which would be a wonderful subtlety.

Mirage
01-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I think parts of the face look a bit masculine, I think it's the nose that does it.

-edit-
Oh, gixxerman already mentioned that ;p

Ki Ki
01-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeap the nose is all that looks a little strange!
I really love how you drew the wings.
I'm not sure if a waterfall would fit into the theme! xD But I agree! Making water is fun! :excited:
Maybe you could make the background like SKY?
Or do something abstract like the ocean(since you like to draw water!) above the sky or something funky like that!

Christmas
01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
It will be nicer if it was an black winged angel with an evil grin on her face. :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-31-2007, 07:58 PM
She looks like Roger Federer

rubah
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
yeah it's not at all like I have to use my own face as a model ;_;

a dark background is not what I imagined, so nooo.

fire_of_avalon
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Her wings look very flat. Is that what you were going for? If not, I would try to make the wing facing the audience look more concave, giving them a bit of depth.

I love her expression, and the coloring of her robe/angel outfit. I think a glow would defeat the purpose of the piece.

rubah
02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
that would ideally have been the effect foa, but it failed in its execution :]

Here is a picture of it almost finished. I don't have it now because it's at school, but this is more or less what it's like finished.

http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/PICT3041.JPG

Rocket Edge
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
The wings are well done, & the finished piece fixes it up more in general. Great work. :up:

rubah
02-11-2007, 03:31 AM

Well, it ended up placing :up: in the school art show, so now it's gone off to little rock to fail there :p (if anyone was wondering, although I doubt it, but it's a reason to bump this what is valid, imho oh man shoot me now I do not say things like that)

Odaisé Gaelach
02-11-2007, 05:57 AM
(if anyone was wondering, although I doubt it, but it's a reason to bump this what is valid, imho oh man shoot me now I do not say things like that)

*loads gun* :D

Aww... she's way too pretty, we'll forgive you rubah. :)

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2007, 05:48 AM
I think her wings worked out very nicely, after you got some color to them. I think the wings really make the piece. The colors you chose for the wings are pretty interesting as well. Yay angel lady!