PDA

View Full Version : strategies on omega mark XII

choco_rider
01-31-2007, 05:21 AM
im just wondering how everyone decided on beating this "legendary" weapon. at first i just thought of going in and fight him till i died (note: that didn't take very long) so i decided to rethink my strategy and came up w/ the absolute desperate way (in my belief) of setting my gambits to use reverse nonstop while equipped w/ bubble belts and somehow that made me win the match!:)

so tell me...how did everyone handle this weapon that does an avg. 5000+ dmg that can kill in two hits and has a TON of hp?

chrisguapo69
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
same strategy, except I threw in Decoy as well so that Omega wouldn't target my support characters. there's no other way to win.

hplvr
01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
same strategy, except I threw in Decoy as well so that Omega wouldn't target my support characters. there's no other way to win.
basically
i did the exact same thing, threw decoy in as well
and omega mark dosent have alot of hp, only 10 million
Yiazmat has 50 million!

Andy
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZAcuFHLhO0

you might want to consider watching this for the battle.

chrisguapo69
01-31-2007, 10:40 PM
basically
i did the exact same thing, threw decoy in as well
and omega mark dosent have alot of hp, only 10 million
Yiazmat has 50 million!

Yiazmat was easier for me. I didn't even have to do what the book said. Just set my top gambits for arise and remove those status effects he throws which were only a couple if I remember well. I didn't even bother with curaja. And my top 3 characters were all attacking.

chrisguapo69
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM

Nice video!! But, if you notice on the license board, Vaan, Balthier and Fran are filled up.

But how can you fill that up if they are only level's 15????

Also Vaan could not be limited to level 15 only since he is the main character. He is present throughout the entire game.

Also, if his lower 3 characters are all 99, I don't know how he can have only 100,000 gil. Well, maybe he uses the turtleneck choker but I don't think this guy uses it since there are more important accessories that you can't live without.

can anyone explain??

Renmiri
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
He cheated ?

You can use firefly to not gain experience....

ValiantKnight
02-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Nice video!! But, if you notice on the license board, Vaan, Balthier and Fran are filled up.

But how can you fill that up if they are only level's 15????

Also Vaan could not be limited to level 15 only since he is the main character. He is present throughout the entire game.

Also, if his lower 3 characters are all 99, I don't know how he can have only 100,000 gil. Well, maybe he uses the turtleneck choker but I don't think this guy uses it since there are more important accessories that you can't live without.

can anyone explain??

LP is earned for all characters, even those at low levels. Unless you're saying something else about LP that I don't know. You could get Balthier at level 2?, 3?, 4? and not use him the rest of the game, ever...
If you farmed 15000+ LP, he could have a full LP board and still be level 2. LP is independent of EXP. As long as its a main character and you "could" put them in your active party, they always get LP, even if not in the active party.

Not sure Vaan is actually required for most of the story sequences, although I did not test this. I imagine once you get 4 characters total, you could switch Vaan out and never use him again. However, again... I did not test this. Story battles are different than regular battles.

There are many many many places to go through money in this game, and far too few places to earn it until the final stages. There is one rather expensive bazaar item that can seriously drain money reserves.

There is also the firefly accessory for the experience question.

chrisguapo69
02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah, you're right! duh! lol. I forgot about that. I havn't played the game in a month.

Anyway, just for kicks, I loaded the game to a previous save point before fighting Omega and I found out that you don't need to do what the book does. Here's what I did and my set up, very simple:

1. Equip bubble belts to main fighters
2. Arise #1 gambit
3. Enemy highest HP = attack #2 gambit

Have everybody attack and try to throw in "expose" every now and then coz he gets really tough.

That's all!!!

At this save point my characters were all 99 but I only had the following weapons:

Vaan - Ultima blade
Basch - Ragnarok
Ashe - Save the queen

I killed Omega in 17 minutes.