PDA

View Full Version : Sega Mega Drive Collection

Captain Maxx Power
01-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Despite being able to play most of these games quite easily on my PC, there's just something about the prospect of having so many Genesis games on one disc for the PS2 that's got me feeling kinda gooey inside. It's a perfect excuse to break out two-player Golden Axe or have some pseudo-tetris fun with Columns. And let's not forget that you get all three of the uber sexy Phantasy Star games into the bargain as well.

Anyone else got their eye on this?

Dreddz
01-31-2007, 07:15 PM
I would be tempted to buy this if I didnt already have all these games playable on my PS2. I would recommend this title to people though, I would however push them to actually buy these games for their Megadrives instead.

Captain Maxx Power
01-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I would be tempted to buy this if I didnt already have all these games playable on my PS2. I would recommend this title to people though, I would however push them to actually buy these games for their Megadrives instead.

I on the other hand would strongly suggest against getting these games for the Mega Drive. PS4 alone will set you back £40 quid. The amount of games on here, you might be looking at a grand's worth of eBay splurging.

Dreddz
01-31-2007, 08:30 PM

I on the other hand would strongly suggest against getting these games for the Mega Drive. PS4 alone will set you back £40 quid. The amount of games on here, you might be looking at a grand's worth of eBay splurging.

The best way to play these games on a TV is to burn a Megadrive emulator onto a DVD with as many games as you wish. This costs nothing, and offers every Megadrive game playable on your PS2. I think I have somewhere around 200 Megadrive games on my PS2 at the moment, which is great. Its strange how people overlook this stuff. Im a little disappointed in that Sega picked the obvious titles for the collection, Sega need to look deeper into their console library in the future. It would be great for Sega to try and revive great games for their system that likely no one has played.

Xander
02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Nothing like playing megadrive games on the megadrive to me :D Also I dislike the PS2 controller but even playing sonic with the gamecube controller was bad enough. MD or emulator and USB md controller box thingy :D