PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy, The Simpsons, or South Park??? Interesting...

TyphoonThaReapa
01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
A'yo, me and my brother are having a disagreement about which shows better. We both love Family Guy no doubt. He loves the Simpsons while I think their out dated. and South Park is tight to me but he thinks they try to hard. What's y'll views about 'em?

Rye
01-31-2007, 09:45 PM
South Park is the cleverest of the three, I prefer it. Between The Simpsons and Family Guy, it depends. The Simpsons has a more "I grew up to this <3" appeal for me, but Family Guy gets more laughs out of me compared to The Simpsons. They're all excellent though.

Sergeant Hartman
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
This is lounge material. I like The Simpsons though.

Ki Ki
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Futurama. :<

TyphoonThaReapa
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
A'yo, Futurama is good to. I watch that on Adult Swim all the time on Saturdays.:cool:

Meat Puppet
01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
The Simpsons.

Leeza
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
The Simpsons.
Yes. :cat:

*moves to The Lounge*

Chloe.
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
The Simpsons.

Definatley :bigsmile:

Dreddz
01-31-2007, 10:14 PM
I would say the Simpsons, but the dip in quality aggrovates me. If only they were as great as they were in the mid 90's. If they had hept that, then I'd say Simpsons without hesitating once. South Park has kept a steady quality throughout, admittedly the early seasons are better, but at least the latter seasons are still pretty good, that said, Season 10 was pretty bad, maybe we are starting to see South Park downfall.

I never cared much for Family Guy.

Yar
02-01-2007, 12:35 AM
The Simpsons really paved the way for all these maturer-oriented cartoons after the demise of Flintstones and Jetsons. The Simpsons is overall excellent. The Simpsons' newer episodes suck, but anything prior to season sixteen is bearable. South Park is clever, but is heading the way of The Simpsons. Family Guy is just <!--*ucking-->*snip* stupid.

Do not go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Raistlin
02-01-2007, 01:29 AM
South Park is one of the best shows on TV.

Hambone
02-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Family Guy.
Dude I totally agree.

Leeza
02-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Family Guy.
Dude I totally agree.
Funny Guy you are, Hambone. :)

o_O
02-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Family Guy, hands down, is the best. Southpark is better than The Simpsons, though.

NeoCracker
02-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Southpark, closely followed by Family Guy.

Aemilius Blight
02-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Family Guy has been consistently funnier than the other two, however South Park has just outed it recently with its fantastic satirical humour.

I never understood what the deal with The Simpsons was. Even when it was funny (which was only for around 4-5 years, now that I think about it. The first two seasons were awful) it never touched Family Guy and only really rivaled the dismal original premise of South Park.

escobert
02-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Futurama. :<

XxSephirothxX
02-01-2007, 03:46 AM
South Park, hands down. The Simpsons was great in its prime, and would really give South Park a run for its money, but it's gone downhill since the early-mid 90s. Family Guy is funny every six months or so, but the simple fact is it's the exact same style of joke over and over again, and the predictability just makes it stop being funny pretty quickly. On top of that, South Park can be completely random and out there, or a fantastic social satire, and it does both of those things far better than Family Guy or The Simpsons.

- - - TAURUS - - -
02-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Family Guy, South Park second, Simpsons last (I don't find the show funny).

Raistlin
02-01-2007, 03:52 AM
I never understood Family Guy. I like Stewie and Brian, but they're not enough to carry the show, and even Stewie gets old sometimes.

In fact, the South Park Mohammed episode made fun of Family Guy, and its parody Family Guy clips... really looked like Family Guy. It does the same stuff over and over again, interjected with random jokes/flashbacks that make no sense. Just a lot of random and/or slapstick humor.

I agree that the old Simpsons would give South Park a run for its money. However, now South Park is king. Very few things can beat stinging South Park satire.

Yamaneko
02-01-2007, 04:06 AM
South Park has actually gotten funnier over the years where as The Simpsons has gotten stale. Nothing will ever touch Seasons 3-7, though.

Family Guy isn't funny.

Araciel
02-01-2007, 04:08 AM
i like them all for different reasons. overall i say southpark.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I never understood Family Guy. I like Stewie and Brian, but they're not enough to carry the show, and even Stewie gets old sometimes.

In fact, the South Park Mohammed episode made fun of Family Guy, and its parody Family Guy clips... really looked like Family Guy. It does the same stuff over and over again, interjected with random jokes/flashbacks that make no sense. Just a lot of random and/or slapstick humor.

I agree that the old Simpsons would give South Park a run for its money. However, now South Park is king. Very few things can beat stinging South Park satire.

Family Guy may say the same type of jokes, but most of them are very funny. I think family guy is by far the best out the three.

Now, I seen the South Park Mohammed episode and let me tell you, I could stop laughing for one second. It was the perfect retaliation against the force which is Family Guy. And, just last night on UPN, the episode when Butters was coming up with ideas to reck havic, His partner would say Simpson did it all. And what can I say, he was right. The reason people like Simpson is because most of the shows of it's kind are doing to things they have already done.

Me personally, I stop likeing the simpsons a long time ago. There's a few episodes I still like, but overall the worse out the three.

Del Murder
02-01-2007, 03:34 PM
South Park has actually gotten funnier over the years where as The Simpsons has gotten stale. Nothing will ever touch Seasons 3-7, though.

Family Guy isn't funny.
:up:

Though I think Family Guy can be funny when the jokes aren't utterly random.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
The Simpsons may not be as funny or as good as it once was but it's 'classic' episodes were far better than the cream of the South Park crop

jrgen
02-01-2007, 06:50 PM
The Simpsons are still great. The Simpsons has been (except the first few seasons) better than Family Guy and South Park in the past and still is. However, Futurama is clearly the greatest of them all. Family Guy is funny, but sometimes it's just way too random without any actual point, in which cases the critizism given in the Muhammed episodes of South Park is very valid. It clearly has the least intelligent/clever humour out of these shows, but it still manages to be funny.

Bunny
02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Cartoons are for children.

I like myself a nice episode of Family Guy, Futurama and American Dad. South Park is decent sometimes but mostly it is just annoying unfunny. Never been a really big fan of The Simpsons, although I admit it has had its moments.

I Don't Need A Name
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Futurama (cos i dislike all the ones discussed)

PhoenixAsh
02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Its a tough one. I think Family Guy is probably the most consistent, and I've laughed harder at individual jokes in it that than I have in South Park. The Simpsons, whilst less consistent as a series has far more episodes which are funny and clever throughout. South Park is awesome for going full on when it picks a target, it can be clever with it too.

My vote goes to The Simpsons almost just out of loyalty. The other two are just shows, albeit courageous ones that deserve a lot of respect. The Simpsons is something a little more.

Lynx
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
simpsons no contest. over 300 episodes and still comeing up with new episodes and a movie soon. even though i love family guy also i see a lot of things that simpsons did first and then kinda thrown into family guy as well. but then again as the one southpark episode said "simpsons did it". simpsons find ways to be make similar episodes and still be original. every episodes starts off one way and then changes completey.

homer has had over 20 different jobs. theyve traveled all over the world. been attacked by godzilla. and still remain a mystery as to what state they live in.

Rengori
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Anyone who has seen Cartoon Wars will say South Park.

homer has had over 20 different jobs. theyve traveled all over the world. been attacked by godzilla. and still remain a mystery as to what state they live in.

They live in Kentucky. In the one where they smuggle sugar from south of the border, Homer says Tennessee, that's south of Kentucky.

Momiji
02-02-2007, 02:44 AM
South Park is the cleverest of the three, I prefer it. Between The Simpsons and Family Guy, it depends. The Simpsons has a more "I grew up to this <3" appeal for me, but Family Guy gets more laughs out of me compared to The Simpsons. They're all excellent though.

I feel the exact same way. I think Family Guy is the funniest overall though (and I have all 4 seasons on DVD!)

foxterneil
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Kinda hard.. But..
More enjoyably is Family guy ^^

Odaisé Gaelach
02-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Ohh, interesting...

Five years ago, I would have said The Simpsons. Now I say South Park. :)

No.78
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
The new simpsons pwn

ShunNakamura
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
South Park is, to put it mildly, trash. As for the Simpsons it has been ages since I seen them. Though I do recall that a couple times they could elect laughs from me. Family Guy I have seen more of, but I still don't think it is uber great. But at least Simpsons and Family Guy are better than South Park(and yes I have actually watched a fair amount of it, about as much as I have watched of the Simpsons).

Now if you want to know the one that does Social satire/mocking the best I am really unsure there, but I have the feeling Family Guy is at least a bit if not quite a ways behind the other two in that regard.

Breine
02-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I like each one of them, but I laugh the hardest when I'm watching South Park. I still like The Simpsons a lot, and Family Guy is just pure comedy.

But, if I had to pick it'd probably be South Park. Just because it's so damn clever and so darn funny.

Yar
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
They live in Kentucky. In the one where they smuggle sugar from south of the border, Homer says Tennessee, that's south of Kentucky.

Incorrect. Springfield borders an ocean. The fact is, they do not live in a nonfictitious state.

kikimm
02-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I agree with a lot of what Azar said. South Park never fails me. Although I do enjoy The Simpsons quite a bit, I never watch it cause I don't really watch TV or remember when it's on or remember to go download it or anything. I used to think Family Guy was pretty funny. Until I realized the truth.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
South Park.

edczxcvbnm
02-04-2007, 02:53 PM
My hero would be futurama. Great writing, imagination and characters. My sides might not be splitting after watching it but I find it to be the most re-watchable.

South Park is a close second. I thought the show went down hill a bit when they went to the fourth grade. They brought it back big time and Butters is just too funny.

Family Guy may make about 39.3 off topic references per show but that has gotten a bit stale. I really enjoyed the first few seasons they had before they were canceled. Then when they came back they used the EXACT same jokes(greased up def guy). They failed to realize it should have been a one time thing.

Simpsons have been on too long. I would say they hit their prime in season 8 and after that it started to go down hill in quality. Now we are in gutter trash territory and it just isn't funny anymore. I use to enjoy watching re-runs but now I don't even bother due to all of the bad new stuff that I could potentially be threatened with.

N8V_Tidus25
02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Family Guy, I like the BOONDOCKS too!

Rengori
02-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Family Guy may make about 39.3 off topic references per show but that has gotten a bit stale. I really enjoyed the first few seasons they had before they were canceled. Then when they came back they used the EXACT same jokes(greased up def guy). They failed to realize it should have been a one time thing.

At least Stewie shot the two barber duet guys.

cloud21zidane16
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
simpsons no contest. over 300 episodes and still comeing up with new episodes and a movie soon. even though i love family guy also i see a lot of things that simpsons did first and then kinda thrown into family guy as well. but then again as the one southpark episode said "simpsons did it". simpsons find ways to be make similar episodes and still be original. every episodes starts off one way and then changes completey.

i agree:)

TyphoonThaReapa
02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Family Guy, I like the BOONDOCKS too!

A'yo, I feel you on that! The Boondocks are THE best. Now, after the superbowl, I watched the Family Guy marathon and it:cool: was pure genius!!! Then I realized something, every person on the face of this earth has had a Family Guy moment. Just last night a situation occured when I remembered the time when my brother kicked my ass for saying Final Fantasy is better that Madden, <signs with relief> Classic.

Yuffie The Failure
02-05-2007, 10:01 PM
To me its 1.Family Guy 2.South Park 3.Simsons :D

TyphoonThaReapa
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
To me its 1.Family Guy 2.South Park 3.Simsons :D

A'yo, I feel you on that!:cool:

Rocket Edge
02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I like South Park & some Family Guy, but nothing can ever beat The Simpsons.

Young Mally
10-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Family Guy, hands down, is the best. Southpark is better than The Simpsons, though.

That's what I'm talking about o_O!:cool:

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-14-2007, 09:21 AM
This thread is a good 8 months old. Please don't revive dead threads.