PDA

View Full Version : Advent part 2?

Cloud_Lion_Heart
01-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I think they should have a FFAC Part 2.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
One where the kids are a little older and the Remnants come back. This time they must return to the life stream and also take the planet with it. As the remnants fight (kadaj, Loz, and the other one) they can merge with each other and form Sephiroth himself. That way they are super cool. Also when it’s over Sephiroth finally kills cloud and Barret takes the kids to an underground facility where Vincent went to in Dirge of Cerberus. Sephiroth shows his love for his remnants by attacking the whole planet down to the birth of the life stream, which is in outer space. In AC he said what I want cloud, is to sail the darkness of the universe using this planet as my vessel. And FF always had the meteor or the wheel I thought the planet going through the cosmos would look pretty sweet.

Mirage
01-31-2007, 11:54 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree.

vorpal blade
02-01-2007, 12:58 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. With Mirage.

Hambone
02-01-2007, 01:03 AM
No more FFVII spinoffs thank you.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
agree with everyone except the original poster

Twilight Edge
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I agree with original poster. NOT.

Darth Anarcus
02-01-2007, 04:11 PM
FF7 was definitely a great franchise to expand upon, however they handled it all wrong. They should have taken a lesson from Star Wars.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and no more Advent Children for me, thank you.

Mercen-X
02-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Denzel and Marlene should grow up and become the main characters with Cloud and the others playing background roles. Shelke should to main up also. 7 will never die.

crayzee gamr
02-01-2007, 09:53 PM
i agree with Mirage as well no more advent children and no more FF7 sequels/prequels, they have enough already if there's more its ridiculous. It will get boring and the people who love FF7 will begin to hate it.
It'll be like pokemon (which is still on TV:mad2: ), it will get boring and not entertaining. sorry but that's wut i think.

Mirage
02-01-2007, 10:19 PM
the people who love FF7 will begin to hate it.
Will begin? It has already begun.

Christmas
02-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Can we have Mukki as the hero? :kaohappy2:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Nah, let's make one for VIII instead

Enjolras
02-02-2007, 09:54 AM
As much as I like FFVII, I most certainly don't think there should be any more FFVII spin-offs, and especially not another Advent Children.

Mercen-X
02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Nah, let's make one for VIII instead
Excellent idea . . . but what's left to be done. Is Seifer going to bust a sane membrane and go on a killing spree? Is PuPu going to try to dominate the planet? Is Squall going to become the destructive force, unable to control the Guardian he created in Griever? Or will it be Rinoa and her Angel Wings of utter desolation?
Seriously.

silentenigma
02-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Think about it. The story of FFVII would begin to resemble Tom and Jerry even more.

Summoner
02-03-2007, 04:48 AM

Amen.

DarkLadyNyara
02-03-2007, 07:57 AM

I wholeheartedly agree. With Mirage.

I agree with original poster. NOT.

FF7 was definitely a great franchise to expand upon, however they handled it all wrong. They should have taken a lesson from Star Wars.

That about covers it.

Mercen-X
02-04-2007, 12:11 AM

You're right. Maybe Square Enix should stop making Final Fantasy altogether.

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Darth Anarcus
02-04-2007, 05:55 PM

I've thought of that as well. I mean, I'd hate to see it happen, but perhaps it is time to hand the reigns to someone else. Someone who will save the franchise.

cloud21zidane16
02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
i agree with Mirage as well no more advent children and no more FF7 sequels/prequels, they have enough already if there's more its ridiculous. It will get boring and the people who love FF7 will begin to hate it.
It'll be like pokemon (which is still on TV:mad2: ), it will get boring and not entertaining. sorry but that's wut i think.

Dr. Acula
02-06-2007, 04:39 AM
No, no, no and for the forth time NO! No more FF7 spinoffs for me, thank you!

Ishin Ookami
02-06-2007, 05:05 AM

I've thought of that as well. I mean, I'd hate to see it happen, but perhaps it is time to hand the reigns to someone else. Someone who will save the franchise.

I think it's a little too late for that. I think square has made too many missteps, their best and brightest have all left for greener pastures, their other franchises have either jumped the shark, or been canned, and all they seem to have left by this point (besides FF) is Kingdom Hearts, which isn't really all that.

The beauty of old school Final Fantasy was that with every installment, it reinvented itself from the ground up. The story explored new and unique themes, and the characters often changed radically. This is what kept it fresh once upon a time. But by this point, Square has everyone that kept the magic going, and the ones who are left are just recycling themes and ideas, all that are left are gameplay systems that range from interesting, to genuinely fun despite having lackluster stories, and great graphics. But in a rpg it's the story and characters that are the lynchpin, and time and again square has faltered in this area as of late. I'd like to see the company turn it around, but unless something drastic happens I doubt thats likely.

Lynx
02-06-2007, 05:25 AM

final fantasy is doing just fine with square enix. besides it wouldnt make any sense going to a different company. final fantasy is what saved squaresoft. sure spirits within hurt it so badly it needed to join with enix but whatever. final fantasy is doing jsut fine in the hands of square enix. FFX wasnt too ba dand FFXII was great and FFXIII looks awesome all ready.

as for another advent children it wouldnt work better off going to another final fantasy for a movie. even though id love to see where denzel is going to end up. i just dont think itd work.

Mercen-X
02-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I'd hate to see it happen, but perhaps it is time to hand the reigns to someone else. Someone who will save the franchise.That's not what I meant. I was only being proper when I enboldened the words "Square Enix." I wasn't emphasizing it. I'm thinking Final Fantasy should end altogether. No one else can handle it and it isn't the saving grace of the company anymore. I love the other games they've come out with and as much as I'd truthfully like to see Cloud's story continue, frankly I don't trust that anyone has what it takes to make it good.

Final Fantasy is doing just fine with Square Enix. Besides, it wouldn't make any sense going to a different company. Final Fantasy is what saved Squaresoft. Sure Spirits Within hurt it so badly it needed to join with Enix, but whatever. Final Fantasy is doing just fine in the hands of Square Enix. Final Fantasy X wasn't soo bad and Final Fantasy XII was great and Final Fantasy XIII looks awesome already.

As for another Advent Children, it wouldn't work better off going to another Final Fantasy for a movie. Even though I'd love to see where Denzel is going to end up. I just don't think it'd work.
Still, it's better to retire the horse before you run it into the ground. Some Final Fantasys may not have been soo bad, but the fact that they weren't soo good doesn't help.

Every child in the Final Fantasy universe is destined to become a warrior of some sort ... either that or a worrier.

Mirage
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
final fantasy is doing just fine with square enix. besides it wouldnt make any sense going to a different company. final fantasy is what saved squaresoft. sure spirits within hurt it so badly it needed to join with enix but whatever. final fantasy is doing jsut fine in the hands of square enix. FFX wasnt too ba dand FFXII was great and FFXIII looks awesome all ready.

Do you know this for a fact?

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
<o>:p></o>:p>
One where the kids are a little older and the Remnants come back. This time they must return to the life stream and also take the planet with it. As the remnants fight (kadaj, Loz, and the other one) they can merge with each other and form Sephiroth himself. That way they are super cool. Also when it’s over Sephiroth finally kills cloud and Barret takes the kids to an underground facility where Vincent went to in Dirge of Cerberus. Sephiroth shows his love for his remnants by attacking the whole planet down to the birth of the life stream, which is in outer space. In AC he said what I want cloud, is to sail the darkness of the universe using this planet as my vessel. And FF always had the meteor or the wheel I thought the planet going through the cosmos would look pretty sweet.
What would be the point in killing Cloud? I for one would despise that and think Square to be complete arseholes.

I'm not sure what the nature of Crisis Core is going to be on the PSP, but I do know that you take control of Zack. I'd be interested to see what exactly drove Sephiroth insane in the first place. There are many theories, and mine is that Sephiroth can manipulate because of the Jenova cells within him. That would mean Jenova has the power to manipulate beings that harbour her cells as well. I believe she may have tampered with his mind when he realised how he was created IN the Nibelheim reactor where she was at the time.

Cloud says in FFVII that if Sephiroth comes near him, he could be manipulated. Sephiroth was good in the beginning, and when he was near Jenova, Cloud says "normal members of soldier, you mean you're different?" and then he loses it. While he's vulnerable at that point, Jenova could have tampered with his mind. It makes sense to me anyway.

IF they did something else, I'd want them to explain Jenova and the story of Sephiroth completely. You know, the first coming of meteor, what Jenova actually is (so I've heard she's meant to be the spirit of a planet that died, became what is called the ultimate weapon, and travelled to FFVII's world on a piece of the dead planet because she was searching for another planet to take over). Apparently some of this is explained in the FFVII Ultimania Omega book which has never been translated into English.

Whether they made a game previous to Before Crisis (on a mobile phone - pfeh), or a film similar to Advent Children, or even just a book explaining the story, that's what I'd like to see. I wouldn't care what shape or form it'd be in.
I know some people say they don't want to see any more spinoffs, and to be honest I can agree because Square would most likely make a huge mistake somewhere, but I'd still like to know the truth behind Jenova and Sephiroth.

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 02:23 PM

The franchise belongs to Hironobu Sakaguchi, and he and Nobuo Uematsu quit Square along with a good number of other employees. Don't get me wrong, I still love Final Fantasy, but it has been going for over 20 years now and I think they're probably getting towards the end of the road now. In my opinion they made huge mistakes with the way they did FFX, FFX-2 and FFXI. I sincerely hope they've redeemed themselves with FFXII.

Does anyone know that Sakaguchi and Uematsu are working together in Microsoft now? www.mistwalker.info/lo.html
Lost Odyssey, soon to be out on Xbox 360. I think this could be the new series Sakaguchi is starting (well I heard he was trying to start a new series to try and kill Final Fantasy - just a rumour though).

Mirage
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
They're not working in Microsoft. They work at an independent game studio which so far only develop games for the 360. They're not bound to any specific platform at all, and they're free to change anytime.

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 09:54 PM
They're not working in Microsoft. They work at an independent game studio which so far only develop games for the 360. They're not bound to any specific platform at all, and they're free to change anytime.
I meant that, really......>_<'
I think I said that because I read it on a website. Methinks it was an interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi...but you're right anyway.

Cloud_Lion_Heart
02-14-2007, 01:34 AM
<O>:p></O>:p>
What would be the point in killing Cloud? I for one would despise that and think Square to be complete arseholes.

I'm not sure what the nature of Crisis Core is going to be on the PSP, but I do know that you take control of Zack. I'd be interested to see what exactly drove Sephiroth insane in the first place. There are many theories, and mine is that Sephiroth can manipulate because of the Jenova cells within him. That would mean Jenova has the power to manipulate beings that harbour her cells as well. I believe she may have tampered with his mind when he realised how he was created IN the Nibelheim reactor where she was at the time.

Cloud says in FFVII that if Sephiroth comes near him, he could be manipulated. Sephiroth was good in the beginning, and when he was near Jenova, Cloud says "normal members of soldier, you mean you're different?" and then he loses it. While he's vulnerable at that point, Jenova could have tampered with his mind. It makes sense to me anyway.

IF they did something else, I'd want them to explain Jenova and the story of Sephiroth completely. You know, the first coming of meteor, what Jenova actually is (so I've heard she's meant to be the spirit of a planet that died, became what is called the ultimate weapon, and travelled to FFVII's world on a piece of the dead planet because she was searching for another planet to take over). Apparently some of this is explained in the FFVII Ultimania Omega book which has never been translated into English.

Whether they made a game previous to Before Crisis (on a mobile phone - pfeh), or a film similar to Advent Children, or even just a book explaining the story, that's what I'd like to see. I wouldn't care what shape or form it'd be in.
I know some people say they don't want to see any more spinoffs, and to be honest I can agree because Square would most likely make a huge mistake somewhere, but I'd still like to know the truth behind Jenova and Sephiroth.

Cloud would die so they can make a tv show about denzel and marlene.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-14-2007, 01:37 AM

I agree with you. No more FFVII spins off...but they should make a remake of the game to look like FFX-FFXII. But keep the same rules and such, change materia size, make the Weapons more steronger Spoiler: Probably as strong as Sin off of Final Fantasy X , etc...

Aerisfanatic
02-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I meant that, really......>_<'
I think I said that because I read it on a website. Methinks it was an interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi...but you're right anyway.

<O:p></O:p>
One where the kids are a little older and the Remnants come back. This time they must return to the life stream and also take the planet with it. As the remnants fight (kadaj, Loz, and the other one) they can merge with each other and form Sephiroth himself. That way they are super cool. Also when it’s over Sephiroth finally kills cloud and Barret takes the kids to an underground facility where Vincent went to in Dirge of Cerberus. Sephiroth shows his love for his remnants by attacking the whole planet down to the birth of the life stream, which is in outer space. In AC he said what I want cloud, is to sail the darkness of the universe using this planet as my vessel. And FF always had the meteor or the wheel I thought the planet going through the cosmos would look pretty sweet. i dont know it would probobly be cool for another movie but what would be the perpose of the first one kudaj had already bin turned good well im not sure if he was changed but he pretty much was unless they were going to add a resurection of a certain some one (aeris) then it would be good to see another

boys from the dwarf
02-25-2007, 10:11 AM
why would anyone want a TV show about denzel and marlene?

The whoe idea sounds like it took you about 5 minutes to think up and it has no real point.