PDA

View Full Version : Anybody play DDR? (Or anything like it)

~Hikaru~
02-01-2007, 02:51 AM
I was wondering who all here plays DDR, or any of the games like it, (i.e. In the Groove, Pump it Up, etc.) I'm pretty much obsessed with it sadly. x_x; I've got it at home, but I still go to the arcade like, every day to play it. XD; So anyone else play it? and what versions do you like most? My favorite home version is SuperNova, while my favorite Arcade version is Extreme.

Giga Guess
02-01-2007, 03:40 AM
I have it...haven't played it in ages, but I do enjoy it.

Yuffie514
02-01-2007, 05:09 AM
i play a little bit of In The Groove (ITG) on my cousins' dance pad. i suck because i just started recently. it's good for exercise however and even if i make the wrong moves, i'm still losing the fat...

JKTrix
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Have played it, do like it, can't play it much. Bad knees.

Xander
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh man I havent played in weeks and I miss it :( Been so busy/tired. XD Gotta play this weekend. I have a metal dance mat but I just use Stepmania cos I can have a huge selection of songs :D I downloaded all the Konami official ones from DDR versions so its yay. I got DDR extreme or something for PS2 but blah. Unlocking songs? Meh. I'll stick to stepmania :D Also go to the arcade when I can, though I dont have anyone who will play with me generally. But once I just went there and spent a few hours playing. I love DDR :D trying to get better but...can only do reeeally easy heavy songs.

Frozen Phantom
02-02-2007, 02:05 AM
I used to play that all the time at the arcade, and I have a ps2 verson with a ddr pad. But my ddr craze instantly died once I got guitar hero....as soon as I played that I could never play ddr again. T_T

Also, after listening to waka laka, I will never forgive ddr for its evil!!!!!

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Love it but I haven't played in ages. I own most of the home versions for the PS2 except for Disney mix (can't bring mysels to) and the Extreme games (I don't like their song lists). DDR broke one of my TV's so I haven't played in months which is sad cause I got Super Nova recently and it has my beloved 80's music on it.

I haven't been to a real arcade in almost a year so I haven't played it in public for awhile. Not that anyone would play with me. I'm not like uber good like the freaks on YouTube but I'm still good enough to be intimedating. Most of my friends won't play with me and I lost my DDR buddy to the call of society (work and getting a girlfriend). I really need to play again...

Mo-Nercy
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I used to play Pump It Up a lot. DDR as well but I didn't enjoy it as much.

These days I can only play a few songs on Crazy/Heavy (PIU and DDR respectively). If I do play (which is rarely, only when I'm with a friend who's up for it, and only upon his/her suggestion) I stick to Hard/Standard.