PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-01-2007, 05:25 AM
What do you think of Skies of Arcadia? I never had the chance to play it on the ill-fated Dreamcast, but I did get the chance to play it on the GameCube and I didn't like it.

The biggest problem I had with the Cube version of Skies is the low quality music. I wanted to continue playing Skies of Arcadia because it had an interesting storyline and likeable characters, but the crappy music was driving me crazy so I had to stop.

ljkkjlcm9
02-01-2007, 05:29 AM
ah c'mon, push through it, great RPG, one of the best for the GC

THE JACKEL

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Well I guess the music isn't so bad because there's only one song that bothers me and it's the deck battle theme. (Originally I heard the deck battle theme on RPGDreamers.Com as a midi and it was awesome!...But when I heard the actual deck battle theme on the GameCube version of Skies I was disappointed.)

NeoCracker
02-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't mind the music. I love this Game. Drachma is awesome, as is the Little Jack.

JKTrix
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
I keep meaning to go back to this game. I got pretty far in it before loaning it to a friend of mine... who didn't return it for 3 years.

If I don't like music in a game, I'll turn off the music/mute the volume and listen to something else. No big deal.

StarlightAngel
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I got pretty close to beating it, and I had all of the crewmembers, but then it was traded in.

Roto13
02-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I have it, and I got to Horteka and my brother erased my file because he felt like being a :skull::skull::skull::skull:. >_>

RiseToFall
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM
SoA is one of my favorite RPG's. The characters, the story, the gameplay ( regular and ship battles) were all top notch. <3

Vermachtnis
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I love this game. Gilder, I think that's right it's been awhile, is my favorite character in the game. One of my favorite battles was the Giant Dreamcatcher looking thing and Vyse and Aika were argueing about which side was the front.

Crossblades
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
SoA is one of my favorite RPG's. The characters, the story, the gameplay ( regular and ship battles) were all top notch. <3

Agreed:)

XxSephirothxX
02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I enjoyed it a lot. It was just a fun adventure. It took me a long time to beat it, because I got stuck at that part where you were looking for the hidden markers pointing to whatever that sacred place was, so I stopped playing it for like a year. :p But man, the boss fights at the end were brutal. Maybe I just wasn't leveled up enough, but I found them really challenging. And fighting your impostors was probably the hardest battle I've ever done in an RPG, excluding two of the final three fights in Star Ocean 2, which only win out because they required mad button pressing and speed. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
02-01-2007, 09:19 PM
The Dreamcast's music, from what I know, is better than the Gamecube's. Don't let the music get you down, because SoA is well worth it.

P.S.: Use Drachma. He owns all.

Dreddz
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Im not that fond of Skies, its good, but nothing special. Grandia 2 was the best Dreamcast RPG.

DM_Melkhar
02-10-2007, 07:18 PM
SoA is such an incredible game. There should be more RPGs out there like it.
I don't think the music was crap at all. A friend of mine who played the original on the Dreamcast said that the GC version was better because the DC version had a ridiculously high random encounter right.

I really love the Horteka music. ^_^'
The characters expressions are classic too!

Madame Adequate
02-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Skies of Arcadia was, single-handedly, worth getting a DC for. I've not played the GC version so I can't comment there, but the original version was a complete and utter classic of the genre and something more recent developers should look to for guidance on how to make characters that don't suck, aside from anything else.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
SoA is such an incredible game. There should be more RPGs out there like it.
I don't think the music was crap at all. A friend of mine who played the original on the Dreamcast said that the GC version was better because the DC version had a ridiculously high random encounter right.

I really love the Horteka music. ^_^'
The characters expressions are classic too!

Did you actually hear the deck battle music in Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GameCube? It was beyond horrible I mean words can't describe how bad that song was. I know it's just one song but you hear it a lot because of the many random battles in this game.

Madame Adequate
02-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Did you actually hear the deck battle music in Skies of Arcadia: Legends for the GameCube? It was beyond horrible I mean words can't describe how bad that song was. I know it's just one song but you hear it a lot because of the many random battles in this game.

That track DID get pretty horrible after awhile, yeah :( Most of the music was great, but that one piece of music... *Shudders* I guess because deck random battles were so common...

Roto13
02-11-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't remember hating that song, but that might be because my brother erased my file when I got to Horteka because he's a poo head. :(