PDA

View Full Version : Winamp

Rostum
02-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Is there any way to have the playlist display the filename for the song?

I ask this, because I have over 5,000 songs on my computer at the moment and I have them all organised with their filename (format "01 - Title") under their corrisponding folders. And Winamp seems to like to use the ID tags to display the song names, which screws up my whole organisation.

If not, is there a better player out there that can do what I want it to do?

rubah
02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Winamp displays tags first, then filenames. You can use a batch editor to remove the tags from your mp3s I guess. Or just use a batch editor to tag them properly, from their filenames. It's relatively little hassle

Endless
02-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Options -> Preferences -> General Preferences - title -> advanced title formatting

crono_logical
02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
If you're using an older version of Winamp like me, it's under Options > Preferences > Plugins > Input > (whichever plugin for that format file) :p

Rostum
02-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks, I'm using the newer version of Winamp.

I think Endless is onto something. I've put in "%filename%", and that's what I want. But I was thinking, is there a way to just display the file name and not the whole path (i.e. "E:/Music/Album/01 - File.mp3" where I'd like just "01 - File.mp3").

Or even just the "/Album/01 - File.mp3" would be good too.

Anyways, I really would like to avoid adding a tag for each individual song... That would take me forever!

Edit: %filename% is fine actually, sorry for the bother. Thanks heaps for helping guys. ^^

rubah
02-01-2007, 05:31 PM
it's not that bad actually, getting a batch tagger program and setting it to tag based on the file names means you can start it off then walk off while it runs xD It also means that in such as mp3 players and other music playing programs your songs will be more likely to be displayed correctly the first time you use it. But if you don't want to, there's nothing that says you have to xD

Rostum
02-02-2007, 12:54 AM
What exactly does it do? Does it change the tag into the filename?

Where might I find a program like that?

rubah
02-02-2007, 01:54 AM
I have something on my computer called MP3 BookHelper that I suppose I have used for such a thing in the past, although looking at it is kinda unfamiliar. Google 'batch mp3 tag' or something?

Shoeberto
02-02-2007, 02:54 AM
EasyTag is easily the best batch tagger I've ever used (though admittedly it's the only one I've used to any great extent). There is a Windows version, though it can be a bit finnicky until you learn its quirks.

And just as an off-hand question, do you really not like to display the artist name in the playlist? That'd bug me :)

Rostum
02-02-2007, 02:58 AM
I'll have a look into them.

Thanks heaps guys. ^^

And Hsu, I do like seeing the artist's name, but I didn't want to fill out around 5,000 tags individually. =P If this works out it'll be much prefered.