PDA

View Full Version : Brand New♪

Shiny
02-02-2007, 12:19 AM
What new artists have you been interested in this year? Since, there's a limit on the poll options you can feel free to include any other musicians that have not been mentioned. In my opinion, The Fray is a notable mention. Their album was pretty great. It includes my personal favs, How to Save a Life, Vienna and Little House. I love the lead singer, Issac Slade's voice. There are also some others worth mentioning such as Lupe Fiasco who reminds me of Talib Kweli.

Rye
02-02-2007, 12:32 AM
I rather like KT Tunstall. :]

Madame Adequate
02-02-2007, 12:34 AM
KT and Paris.

I'm not kidding on the second one btw.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-02-2007, 12:35 AM
I like Daughtry, Gnarls, and Hinder.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I only recently started listening to the radio again and discovered a whole horde of good songs and bands I never knew much about. Whilst my interests in them should naturally continue over from last year I'm upset to see that much of the British talent has seemingly failed to make an impact on this poll. I believe KT Tunstall, Daniel Powter and The Raconteurs have done enough to win my vote. However I shall also mention from my own personal favourites

The Fratellis
The Kooks
Razorlight

Momiji
02-02-2007, 12:50 AM
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus > All of those. RJA just released their first album last year (EPs don't count!), and they aren't overplayed and overmainstream like all the other ones in the poll.

Not to mention I love them! ^^

(Note: I didn't even notice they were in the poll until I posted this. Irony~)

Leeza
02-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Although I do like <i>How To Save A Life</i> by The Fray, I don't think I would buy their CD. There is really no one else on that list that appeals to me at all.

Shoeberto
02-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Gnarls was pretty fantastic; probably the only new music in 2006 that I listened to to any real extent.

Well, that and Lady Sovereign, though I think her first EP was out in '05 so I guess it doesn't count? She exploded in '06, though, so yeah. Love her to pieces.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-02-2007, 01:17 AM
i thought this was about the band brand new :(

Momiji
02-02-2007, 01:22 AM

I was hoping so too, even though I don't care for them much. But then again, I found out their lead singer used to be in Taking Back Sunday, and that added 10000000000000000 points to my interest meter.

Venom
02-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I cant say I care for any of them.

Rye
02-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Well, that and Lady Sovereign, though I think her first EP was out in '05 so I guess it doesn't count? She exploded in '06, though, so yeah. Love her to pieces.

Haha, I didn't even think of her. I like her, she's fiesty. xD

escobert
02-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Lupe fiasco is who I voted for. Also Unearthed and As I lay Dying

Momiji
02-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Lupe fiasco is who I voted for. Also Unearthed and As I lay Dying

Umm...As I Lay Dying isn't new...they've been around for a while.

XxSephirothxX
02-02-2007, 02:21 AM
The Fray aren't exactly brand new, either. And I enjoy their album quite a bit, but their singles are definitely their strong points. The second half of the album wasn't as strong as the first.

If you're talking about 2006, there's far too many bands for me to list. With regards to this year, though, the bands I've recently been getting into include Poets of the Fall, Something Corporate, and Venice is Sinking, which is a really good local alt rock band, none of which are exactly "new."

Vincent, Thunder God
02-02-2007, 02:26 AM
This is easy to answer... I'm not interested in any new artists.

I'm quite elitist when it comes to music. I like old music, cheifly 1970s prog rock, and I must say that at this point, current music doesn't have much lower to drop. It's not original, it's boring, it's repetetive, it's loud, and it's annoying. I'll stick with old albums thank you.

kikimm
02-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Gnarls Barkley and Wolfmother. Wolfmother a lot more than Gnarls Barkley though. I still need to get their CD, though. So far I've just downloaded. :sad:

Momiji
02-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Gnarls Barkley and Wolfmother. Wolfmother a lot more than Gnarls Barkley though. I still need to get their CD, though. So far I've just downloaded. :sad:

Gnarls Barkley is okay..though I don't really like that fact that their second mainstream single was a cover of Violent Femmes' "Gone Daddy Gone'. I liked "Crazy" though.

escobert
02-02-2007, 03:28 AM

I was hoping so too, even though I don't care for them much. But then again, I found out their lead singer used to be in Taking Back Sunday, and that added 10000000000000000 points to my interest meter.
I know, but I justs tarted listening to them this year.

jrgen
02-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I love it when this kind of threads include polls.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Demiurg's and Another Life's debutes.

Cz
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I didn't buy that much new music last year, or not much from new artists at any rate. Still, Guillemots' first record had some fantastic moments on it, even if the singles weren't overwhelming. Howling Bells and Albert Hammond Jr. released decent albums, too, and I'll look forward to hearing more from them.

I Don't Need A Name
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
i dislike most on there, but i voted for Wolfmother. (KT Tunstall isnt new :D ) personally, ive had a fetish for Paramore (seeing as their album only hit the UK last year)

Rocket Edge
02-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Lupe Fiasco out of those choice's. Also a notable mention would be The Kooks, with a little bit of Razorlight.

Shiny
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
i dislike most on there, but i voted for Wolfmother. (KT Tunstall isnt new :D ) personally, ive had a fetish for Paramore (seeing as their album only hit the UK last year)
No she's isn't very new, but as far as her musical uprising both nationally and internationally she's more notable now. Most of the musicians I've listed have been musicians for a while, but their productivity and success pretty much determine their "newness" in the mainstream music circuit.

Dr Aum
02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I know a fellow named Chris Brown, but I doubt it's the same one. Beyond that, I've scarcely even heard of any of those groups.

ama124
02-03-2007, 09:34 PM
I like the fray and Corrinne Bailey Rae. She needs some love, shes a great artist :)

Odaisé Gaelach
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Gnarls Barkley gets my vote, but only because I haven't listen to any of the other artists this year.

Xander
02-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Not much interest in any of those, I think Corinne Bailey Rae is great and her first song, put your records on, but I wouldn't really go out of my way to listen to the whole album. Paris' song is pretty catchy *guilty pleasure*

Ki Ki
02-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Corinne Bailey Rae is lovely. Her music is so calm and I really love her voice. <3

fire_of_avalon
02-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I actually like the Raconteurs quite a bit, as well as Gnarls Barkley. However, 2006 was more about classic and southern rock for me. Stuff from the sixties and seventies. :D