PDA

View Full Version : Oh GODDAMMIT Iga.

Jowy
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I should invest in a PSP now. (http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/first-footage-of-castlevania-psp-233395.php)

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Please be like GTA and eventually port it over to the PS2.

Shoeberto
02-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Please be like GTA and eventually port it over to the PS2.
Yes.

That is tight.

edczxcvbnm
02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
I now actually watched the video. Damn that game looks like crap. Gameplay is probably good but the graphical look is bad. Half-assed 2D graphics all the way. I am not a fan of this 3D stuff when they could be using detailed 2D graphics that look 4 trillion times better.

Mirage
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I thought the gameplay looked really boring, to be honest. I won't be getting this :p.

Dreddz
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I now actually watched the video. Damn that game looks like crap. Gameplay is probably good but the graphical look is bad. Half-assed 2D graphics all the way. I am not a fan of this 3D stuff when they could be using detailed 2D graphics that look 4 trillion times better.

Its still early days.

This looks pretty good so far, has more of the old school Castlevania look and feel, which I prefer.

JKTrix
02-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok, let's give a little more info on this game.

This is Dracula X Chronicles, a remake of "Dracula X: Rondo of Blood" which never came out outside of Japan. The original, 2D version of Rondo of Blood is an unlockable on this PSP game. Symphony of the Night is also unlockable on this PSP game.

Rondo of Blood is the last of the 'Old School' Castlevanias, with Symphony of the Night (its direct sequel), many of you may know as the 'new' Castlevania. Yes, Symphony of the Night is a direct sequel to Rondo of Blood. Richter and Maria, who appear in Symphony, are the stars of Rondo.

So, this PSP game is quite a good deal, especially if you haven't already played Symphony to death. You get 2.5 games and a whole lot of history in one package. As Dreddz said, it's still early in development, so take the current graphical quality with a grain of salt (just like any still-in-development game, like Halo 3). A lot of the graphical polish in games is done near the very end of the development process.

Depending how much this costs, I might pick it up along with Metal Gear once this comes out. I'm a relatively 'new' Castlevania fan myself, my first game was Circle of the Moon on GBA.

Ramza Beoulve
02-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Now I want a PSP more than ever :(

Is one of my dreams come true :D

Rase
02-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Level 2 (and Level 1 on the sidebar) (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8909)

Looks fine to me. Definitely one of the games I'd buy if I had a PSP. Hell, I might have to buy one once they get down in price, what with this and the Cave Story Remix coming out, plus some games that are already out that look good.

Jowy
02-03-2007, 05:23 AM
Unlockable Symphony of the Night thus making portable Symphony of the Night?

HELL, that's a worthy investment right there.

vorpal blade
02-03-2007, 08:16 AM
So... this is what jubilation feels like!

And it comes with the original Rondo of Blood and SOTN!? Awesomeness!!

KentaRawr!
02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
o_O When I look at Level 1, it looks way more like the SNES Version than Rondo of Blood. Perhaps that's just because I've only played the 1st five minutes of Rondo of Blood, but oh well. Either way, I'm getting this game, just to unlock the original.

Edit: I take back my first statement. Now that I got through half the video, I can tell it's not the SNES version.