PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo help!?

prayzer
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM
When I got to that place right after Nibalna Fortress on my way to Archades, I found that Chocobo in the upper right section, gave it some greens and rode it, but couldn't figure out where to go and what to do. I figured out that you could only go through certain entrances, and I talked to that guy that said something about boulders and what to do about them, but I just could not figure out exactly where to go and what to do. So far I've played the game without a guide or anything and I think I've done fairly well. I've found and defeated like 14 marks or something like that. My Clan level is Brave Companion and I have over 300,000 points. Vaan is at level 41 I think and everyone else is either 30 or 31. I've tried to keep everyone close except for Vaan. In every FF game I play I like to take extra time and fight as much as possible to level up as much as possible. That way it makes the battles a little easier. I've got about 60 hours of playing time alrealy and I haven't even made it to Archades yet. :choc2:

Ogrius
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
When I got to that place right after Nibalna Fortress on my way to Archades, I found that Chocobo in the upper right section, gave it some greens and rode it, but couldn't figure out where to go and what to do. I figured out that you could only go through certain entrances, and I talked to that guy that said something about boulders and what to do about them, but I just could not figure out exactly where to go and what to do. So far I've played the game without a guide or anything and I think I've done fairly well. I've found and defeated like 14 marks or something like that. My Clan level is Brave Companion and I have over 300,000 points. Vaan is at level 41 I think and everyone else is either 30 or 31. I've tried to keep everyone close except for Vaan. In every FF game I play I like to take extra time and fight as much as possible to level up as much as possible. That way it makes the battles a little easier. I've got about 60 hours of playing time alrealy and I haven't even made it to Archades yet. :choc2:

You do realize you can trade vaan out of the party, right?

Renmiri
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
You will need to activate some steam gates and use a chocobo to find Exodus, the Esper.

Don't try getting Exodus now, you need more experience.

McLovin'
02-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Just go north of the campsite at the Highwaste and at the end you should be able to push a boulder and cross to the otherside into the Phon Coast.

prayzer
02-03-2007, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=Ogrius;2083520
You do realize you can trade vaan out of the party, right?[/QUOTE]

Of course I know I can. I'm just wierd about having the main character in the party all the time unless I need to trade mid-battle. Its like, even if FF VII had given the option to trade out Cloud I still wouldn't have cuz he's the main character. :greenie:

prayzer
02-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Just go north of the campsite at the Highwaste and at the end you should be able to push a boulder and cross to the otherside into the Phon Coast.

So I have to take the Chocobo all the way to the bottom of the area and then back up to that boulder? I saw the boulder up there but couldn't figure out how to get to it on the Chocobo.

hplvr
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=Ogrius;2083520
You do realize you can trade vaan out of the party, right?

Of course I know I can. I'm just wierd about having the main character in the party all the time unless I need to trade mid-battle. Its like, even if FF VII had given the option to trade out Cloud I still wouldn't have cuz he's the main character. :greenie:[/QUOTE]
same here, i always have the main character in the party, like tidus in 10 fro ex.
srry i knwo that was off topic :P

McLovin'
02-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Haha no no. You don't need the chocobo to leave the Mosphoran Highwaste. (Is this your first time through the Highwaste or are you there on the sidequest?)

Hopefully this will help you:

http://www.uploadimage.info/images/77794map1.JPG

See where I put boulder? All that boulder is is a passage to connect the two area. Nothing more. So just take the north exit and keep going north to the Salikawood.

Renmiri
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Aye, the chocobo is needed to go to the place where Exodus is (where the two ! are )

Dynast-Kid
02-03-2007, 11:51 PM
I think you need to level up a little bit. Your characters seem a little bit underleveld for the next few missions.

prayzer
02-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Haha no no. You don't need the chocobo to leave the Mosphoran Highwaste. (Is this your first time through the Highwaste or are you there on the sidequest?)

It is my first time there and I have already passed through. I had just talked to that guy sitting down that told me that he heard about chocobos that would let you ride them if you feed them, and then talked about boulders and what to do with them. I wanted to do it while I was there.

So, Dynast-Kid and Renmiri, you think my levels are too low even though Vaan is 40+ and everyone else is 30+, and all with 2000+ hp? Also, everyone has a weapon with 70+ attack power, and plenty of magic.

Renmiri
02-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Yes, too low. Salikawood is easy enough till you try the Bomb King but Phon Coast is right after and might challenge you. Besides, Mosphoran Highwaste is great for getting loot worth tons of gil, why don't you stick around and pwn some Humbaba and those red wolves ?

You will be glad you got the gil when you see the shop at Phon Coast :D

PS: Get Bubble belts and / or bubble at the Mushu Bazaar, you should be at 4,000 HP not 2,000

prayzer
02-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, too low. Salikawood is easy enough till you try the Bomb King but Phon Coast is right after and might challenge you. Besides, Mosphoran Highwaste is great for getting loot worth tons of gil, why don't you stick around and pwn some Humbaba and those red wolves ?

You will be glad you got the gil when you see the shop at Phon Coast :D

PS: Get Bubble belts and / or bubble at the Mushu Bazaar, you should be at 4,000 HP not 2,000

Well, I've went through the Salikawood though didn't see a bomb king, and went through the Phon Coast and did that extra Mark hunt with the 5 Mandragora things. They weren't too big of a problem. I was planning on sticking around that area for a while anyway to level up more, but I don't recall seeing anything called "bubble" though. So how do you get your HP up more? I've only found 3 hp-up squares on the liscense board: (50, 100, & 150). Are there more, and where are they??

McLovin'
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
There are 200 and 500 near the lower left of the Augment portion.

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 03:15 AM
http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/thumb/761px-Maxhppath.gif