PDA

View Full Version : Chichulian Esper Help!

eppy19
02-02-2007, 06:58 PM
i have read many FAQ's and I still can't get it so do i just leave the gates the way they are when i go into garamsythe waterway? because i can't get to the part you you open the 1st gate water blocks off all the paths!

McLovin'
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
From the Lowtown go to the central waterway area. Then do this:

(If you haven't done so already open the urn near the second Save
Crystal to get the candle that reveals hidden areas on your map.)

On your way through Lowtown, purchase three Black Belts. This is absolutely
imperative, regardless of level. You can buy them from the merchant sitting
in that lowered round area. They only cost 600 Gil apiece. (buy them but only equip them when the boss is about to use Disablega)

From the Lowtown entrance, here is how you find the Esper: head south to the
Save Crystal in the Central Waterway Control and use the Sluice Gate Key (Lost
in the Pudding Hunt reward) on the No. 3 Waterway Control so that both the No.
3 and No. 10 are closed, while the No. 4 and No. 11 are open.

Look at your map and proceed southwest to the No. 3 Cloaca Spur. Down near
the southern corner you will find a device called the No. 1 South Waterway
Control. Close that one. Now head back to the original controls.

You want the opposite effect of what you have now. Open numbers three and
ten, then close numbers four and eleven. Head for the No. 4 Cloaca Spur and
look for the No. 1 North Waterway Control at the end. Close that one too.
Now head back to the Save Crystal.

Make sure number four and number three are closed. Make sure the other two
are open. Now save your game and equip those Black Belts. Take the south
exit and run to the south end. Down one of the two staircases will be an open
door leading to a shallow square shaped area. Done.

choco_rider
02-03-2007, 08:01 PM
just be careful when your vs. him though. he automatically gets sap for this battle and you'll spend a good deal of time healing yourself while trying to damage him at the same time.

hplvr
02-03-2007, 08:47 PM
make sure you equip a bubble belt, you can get them from a merchant somewhere in Rabanastre, i forget which one

Madonna
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
No, having all of your party members wear Black Belts is much more important than having tons of life. That bloated esper likes to cast Disablega fast and often. If your party gets hit with that, then there is no healing, and with Sap and him smacking you, you are gone.

Setting your support characters to healing (with one possibly attacking every now and then when everyone's HP is good) and at the ready with Raise and Phoenix Downs is a good idea, while your tank uses regular attacks on the Impure King. It may take a bit and cost a bit in MP, Phoenix Downs, and time, but it is a well-grounded method.

That is not an answer at all to your original question, eppy19, but it may help.

marysonnie
02-04-2007, 01:29 AM
This battle was a bitch; follow the above poster's advice! Having a party of disabled teammates sucks hardcore.

hplvr
02-05-2007, 09:40 PM
This battle was a bitch; follow the above poster's advice! Having a party of disabled teammates sucks hardcore.
i always got screwed with disable, i remember fighting this guy. reddas was the only one without disable, im like thats not going to help!!!
i also remember the same thing happening when i fought the second Gilgamesh, it was annoying.... aside from disease, it had to be the most annoying status aliment