PDA

View Full Version : am i right or am i right?

BarelySeeAtAll
02-02-2007, 09:45 PM
is it just me or is this the best game youve ever played on!
my bro and cuz got this game and i cant get enough of it!i even went out and bought a ps2 memory card just so i could play on it with my own game!!!i love everything about it, it even has a small bit with my fave person on it...Sephi!!!

chrisfffan
02-02-2007, 10:06 PM
i agree its a good game that got too much criticism.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-02-2007, 10:21 PM
who criticised d of c??

silentenigma
02-03-2007, 04:42 AM
who criticised d of c??

everyone

Odaisé Gaelach
02-03-2007, 06:02 AM
who criticised d of c??

Here's (http://www.gamestats.com/objects/693/693672//articles.html) a list of reviews for Dirge of Cerberus.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-03-2007, 03:37 PM
omfg, these people are fliping mental then, whats actually wrong with it?

Odaisé Gaelach
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Why don't you read the reviews and find out what they say about it.

I Am Stoner
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM

But thats thier opinion. I read the reivew and I really thought it was gonna suck. When I bought it and played it I though 'bloody 'ell, this game is actually really good.' Everyone's opinions are different, you'll never find out what you truly think of it untill you play it for yourself.

But it really is a great game, I enjoyed it alot, especially the custom gun thingy, the rifle on that kicked ass.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-03-2007, 06:12 PM

But thats thier opinion. I read the reivew and I really thought it was gonna suck. When I bought it and played it I though 'bloody 'ell, this game is actually really good.' Everyone's opinions are different, you'll never find out what you truly think of it untill you play it for yourself.

But it really is a great game, I enjoyed it alot, especially the custom gun thingy, the rifle on that kicked ass.

thankyou, im not entirely game stupid!

McLovin'
02-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I loved it. Shame it wasn't longer and actually involve any side quests or actual world to explore.

RiseToFall
02-04-2007, 11:23 PM
It's decent, but there are much better action games out there.

chrisfffan
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I loved it. Shame it wasn't longer and actually involve any side quests or actual world to explore.

thats the only problem i had with it but its a good problem it would of been nice if it was longer but then again maybe it would of dragged it out?

Setzer Gabianni
02-06-2007, 01:24 PM
is it just me or is this the best game youve ever played on!
my bro and cuz got this game and i cant get enough of it!i even went out and bought a ps2 memory card just so i could play on it with my own game!!!i love everything about it, it even has a small bit with my fave person on it...Sephi!!!

For those who couldn't care less about Vincent..this kinda game wouldn't appeal to them unless they loved FFVII to bits. I did, but then..

Mo-Nercy
02-06-2007, 01:34 PM
The game won't appeal to shooter fans because it simply doesn't compare in terms of gameplay. However, a Final Fantasy VII fan will love this game despite it's average gameplay. To us, average gameplay + awesome continuation of the FF7 chronology = Sequel of the century.

Angel Valentine
02-07-2007, 03:59 AM
Yeah, it wasn't a great game, but it wasn't god awful. I've played much worse :/ And I've played games that are supposedly 'great' but have bored me to tears xo

It could have been a really fun game, but it looks like Square half-assed it, and rushed it too.......oh well.

Vincent is love. Peace out. xD

DM_Melkhar
02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
My personal opinion is that most people reviewing these kinds of games aren't likely to be fans of RPGs.

There is a book called "The Videogames Guide" by a man called Matt Fox, and in that he reviews FFVII. He states that he's probably not the best kind of person to review the game, and he backed up what he said by adding that he's never played any of the others. In his review, he mentioned that so many people raved about it, but he gave it four stars out of five. Someone who loves RPGs, including the FF series, would have probably given it five. I would have. FFVII is my favourite out of all those I've played: IV through to X-2 so far.

Now, someone who's more of an FPS player but also plays some RPGs (namely Final Fantasy), would probably be more inclined to slate a game like Dirge of Cerberus. My ex said he liked it, but stated that the way it played was nothing compared to other shooters. One of his friends played it and said "Oh! It's Perfect Dark."

Roto13
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
If you've ever played a decent shooter before, you see how mediocre this game is.

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
who think it would of been better as a rpg then? i dont think it would of

Markus. D
03-31-2007, 02:16 AM
definetly not the best... but at least the storyline is amazing.

Gamespot is mental. They said it didn't develop on Vincent's past enough.

the game developed on everything needed (what did they want, his first day at school?).

and Sephiroth is in it for like 2 seconds o.O

edit: The customization is deep and valid. Because everything is pretty based on statistics of Vincent as to raw skill. it probably wasn't the best idea for SE to label it a Third Person Shooter. I't is at best probably an Real Time RPG thingy.

Aerisfanatic
04-04-2007, 04:50 PM
well im glad you didnt see the x-play review you would have gotten really mad, it got a 2 out of 5 stars

BarelySeeAtAll
04-04-2007, 05:46 PM
well im glad you didnt see the x-play review you would have gotten really mad, it got a 2 out of 5 stars

:eek:
theyre all stupid, though it could have been more challenging....
but thats not what this thread is about...i never gave anyone the option to say what they didnt like about it...i said "am i right or am i right?" and i meant it...so hey

Cookie
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
You're wrong.

Orophin
04-04-2007, 07:51 PM
You're wrong. I think this game is bad. It's not one of the worst games I played through.

Kuldian
04-06-2007, 04:53 AM
I think it's a great game aswell.

chrisfffan
04-06-2007, 11:23 PM
i like the game i have played it a few times i think the story makes it

G3ORGE
04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
You cant say its a bad RPG or a bad FPS its a sorta hybrid tbh.

Mercen-X
04-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't go so far as labeling it best.

I think Squee should try again. And for anyone still saying Final Fantasy VII should die now, I will hunt you down and slice off your fingers. That's a promise.

Monol
04-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I wouldn't go so far as labeling it best.

I think Squee should try again. And for anyone still saying Final Fantasy VII should die now, I will hunt you down and slice off your fingers. That's a promise.

Agreed.....ill take the toes

Chakan the forever man
04-25-2007, 07:13 AM
No...

Firo Volondé
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Looks like it's a no-win situation, since if you think this game indicates that FFVII should not die now, I will cut off your thumbs, then toss you your precious Dirge of Cerberus. :mad2:

As an RPG, it sucks. As a FPS, it sucks. If they were trying to create a hybrid game that combines the best of both worlds, they would've failed miserably. However, one thing I can say about it is, it succeeded in its real goal, which was to make money off fanpeople who will say a game is brilliant because it has "FFVII" in its title. I could say more, but I'll not have my post edited by an admin. :hot:

Orophin
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
As an RPG, it sucks. As a FPS, it sucks. If they were trying to create a hybrid game that combines the best of both worlds, they would've failed miserably. However, one thing I can say about it is, it succeeded in its real goal, which was to make money off fanpeople who will say a game is brilliant because it has "FFVII" in its title. I could say more, but I'll not have my post edited by an admin. :hot:

That's exactly what I think of this game. I was very angry when I saw that it sold so well and that it completely destroyed the sales of XenoSaga Episode III which was a much better game that was out at almost the same time.

If we continue to buy their crap, I fear SE will only focus on crap sequels because they sell a lot even when they are not even trying with their games. Why invest a lot of money in a new FF when they can do a game in which they put little effort on it and it will sell like crazy by printing FFVII on it?

Skyblade
04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
It's a good game, except for a single, extremely critical point: Is has the worst controls of almost any shooter I've ever played. If it had decent controls, it would be a fun game that I'd enjoy playing. But it is too painful to have to work through those incredibly awkward controls to get much enjoyment out of it.