PDA

View Full Version : yiazmat is FINALLY dead!

choco_rider
02-03-2007, 12:35 AM
whew...took me about 8 hours to kill yiazmat. im so happy!:D
my party level was at about 75 and my reserves about ~50ish. it took way too long once he hit critical and when he had about 5-6 bars left he just went insane with his rakes and normal attacks. :weep:

well, all i want to know is, how long did everyone else take to finally defeat this boss? (8 hours is like forever to me)

Renmiri
02-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Congrats. from what I hear he is a tough cookie! :D

McLovin'
02-03-2007, 10:21 AM
My PS2's power wouldn't be able to last 8 hours straight without shutting off. So I can't even fight Yiazmat. :(

MoonsEcho
02-03-2007, 05:45 PM
You don't have to finish him off in one sitting. The good thing about Yiazmat is that you can fight him for a while, then leave and save when you get tired. His HP won't go back up, so you can pretty much just fight him at your leisure, on and off, until you kill him.

Dreddz
02-03-2007, 07:29 PM
For the reason above, Yiazmat is a cake walk. I beat him in two sittings. Not hard by any means. Could of done it in one. Omega Mark XII is a much funner boss.

hplvr
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
good job, better than me since i was at level 99 and it took me 4 hours, i went up to like the 30th stage i was exiting and entering soo much, i would like get a 1/4 of a bar each time then i would run back, heal, use all my gambits again, then charge once again
the last 5 bars are a bi*ch, like come on level 146!

Angeluz
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
hahahahaha i just bought the game...kinda late i know know but it took 12 stagez to kill him!!! :D my party was at level 90 somethin reserve 60 :p ...i lost when he doublel up his level ///it took me by surprise and it killed my party then i brought the reserve party only for them to die quickly and merciless ...luckily i was savin the game a lot with each stage :D then knowin he doubles up his level...i killed him!!! it took me like 5 or 6...yeah 5 not countin the time i died =(

hplvr
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
lol
it sucked cuz my reserves were only at lv. 15, 16, and whenever my main party died, i had to find the exit as quick as possible so he wouldnt kill them in one hit
i fought him one time, and i didnt know that you could save it, and i thought that if you left the arena too long he would get more hp, but it sucked since when hes out of range he gets HP, and thats where i was using my gambits and stuff!! i eventually died, and the next day i had to do it all over again!

Angeluz
02-05-2007, 09:39 PM
jejejejeje i used to go the near crystal save or wadeva the name is...and replenish my hp and mp and i have a good party cuz ive spent more than 160 hourz :D just wonderin around

hplvr
02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
i used up all my elixers and megaelixers beacuse i didnt know about the save point, it was sooo frutrating

McLovin'
02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
I have just been talking down one of his health bars then running away. Cyclone really destroys my party and it takes too long to rebuff while Yiazmat keeps attacking me.

BTW where can I buy Expose?

hplvr
02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Expose can be found at "Odo's Technicks" in Balfonheim Port

Holy Lancer
02-22-2007, 03:52 AM
My PS2's power wouldn't be able to last 8 hours straight without shutting off. So I can't even fight Yiazmat. :(

I've had the same PS2 since about 2001 and I still keep it on for days without anything going wrong. Did you spill something on your or drop it before?

Anyways I'm not quite to Yiazmat yet I'm getting close though but mt party's level i only like 55 and my reserves. well I can't say it outtloud but Penelo is lvl 19, Basch lvl 21 and Ashe lvl 23. I do have Reddas though. I'm almost dont getting all the espers. I got like 5 or 6 in a day. After that I'm going to do all the hunts. Balthier is going to get every liscence by tonight.

Gabranth
02-22-2007, 05:30 AM
i could've defeated yiazmat in one sitting too, but i just got really bored and decided to save. i got him down to his last like....20 bars or so? is it true that if you beat yiazmat before beating omega mark xii, omega mark xii has more hp?

McLovin'
02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Its an American Playstation hooked up to a transformer in a foreign country and the transformer dies every hour or so so I have to save very often and plan what I need to do when. The strange thing is is that its only for PS2 games. PS1 games (like FF6 recently) play like normal.

I don't think its true Gabranth. I will see since I have already attempted to fight Omega and will do so again after Yiazmat is dead.

I got him down to his last 17 or so bars. I have lost the motivation to take another 17 bars. (how the hell does each bar equal 1,000,000!?) The bastard annoys the hell out of me with his Deathstrike.

ValiantKnight
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
I will check on omega mark XII soon....

After 5hours of Mr. 50,000,000 hp... I've lost a little of the spark I had playing the game.... for some reason.
He is dead though.

Renmiri
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I will check on omega mark XII soon....

After 5hours of Mr. 50,000,000 hp... I've lost a little of the spark I had playing the game.... for some reason.
He is dead though.
You played it for too long :p

I guess taht's my problem too ;)

Angeluz
03-05-2007, 03:25 PM
well let me tell ya guys ive killed yiazmat for the second time now...it was pretty easy :) it died in the 2nd stage but i'm kinda bored i think i played too muchh of it i dont wanna know about it for at least a month :P omega died as well.my two saved games make a atotal of 557 hours :)

choco_rider
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
my two saved games make a atotal of 557 hours :)
lol, doesn't even come close to renmiri's record

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 03:21 AM
my two saved games make a atotal of 557 hours :)
lol, doesn't even come close to renmiri's record

It might, my two older kids played leveling up for me and I left it on without setting on pause for a couple of days. His is pure gameplay :)