PDA

View Full Version : Which one to buy?

Vivisteiner
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
So, which of these do you think is best, and why.
I might buy a few of them, so if you rank them in order, and choose one in the poll, that'd be good. And no spoilers please.

(If you want to know, Ive played KH and enjoyed it, but not massively)

Roto13
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
The first two (and maybe the first three) should be pretty cheap by now. Twilight Princess is still new. The Wii version of Twilight Princess is godly, but I don't know about the Game Cube version.

Dreddz
02-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Shadow of the Colossus. God of War is pretty good, im not much into action adventure games with heavy emphasis on action, so I personally would go with SOC, but God of War might be more up your alley.

Ive only played a bit of TP at my friends house, so I cant really put it in comparison with the other titles.

Dont buy Kingdom Hearts 2.

JKTrix
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix Plus comes out eventually, wait for that one.

I'd tell you to get Shadow of the Collossus, 'cuz it has long stretches of awesome and more people need to buy it so we can get more games like that.

God of War is great, and is pretty much guaranteed to be cheap now.

If you intend on getting a Wii eventually, wait for that to get Twilight Princess.

So my answer is conditional. If you are going to get a Wii sometime down the line, skip the GC version and get Shadow of the Colossus. If you're not gonna get a Wii ever, then Zelda.

ljkkjlcm9
02-03-2007, 11:24 PM
If it'll be a very long time before you get a Wii, you can get Zelda. Otherwise, if you plan on getting it soon, wait to get it.

So, if not Zelda I say, God of War, there just seems to be more to do in it, to meet at least.

THE JACKEL

4evarisha
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 I played the first one the second one must be good:)

Slothy
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
SotC is the obvious choice there for me. I loved the battles against the colossi more than any part of the other three games. Second choice for me would be God of War. That game got a lot of little things right that most developers screw up (like having almost no backtracking for starters) which when thrown on top of the great gameplay and story made for one hell of an enjoyable game. Of KH2 and TP though, I'm not sure which order I'd put them in. I've yet to finish TP so I can't say for certain where I'd rank it with KH2. I didn't like KH2 as much as the first one overall though if that helps. Then again, I don't like TP as much as some older Zelda games either. Might be best to just rent them and try them for yourself since I honestly can't say which I'd choose over the other. Maybe I'll have a better idea when I get a little farther in TP.

RiseToFall
02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
God of War is only $20, Shadow of the Colossus is only $20, just buy them both. The way I look at it, why get only one great game (TP) for $50, when you can have two great games for ten bucks less. Not to mention the fact that you're getting a totally different experience with both games.

Ben
02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd get Shadow Of the Colossus, I've never played it, but the graphics are massive. Other then that, get TP it's awsome. And I have the gamecube version too, and I still think its awsome.

Shoeberto
02-04-2007, 07:21 PM
God of War is only $20, Shadow of the Colossus is only $20, just buy them both. The way I look at it, why get only one great game (TP) for $50, when you can have two great games for ten bucks less. Not to mention the fact that you're getting a totally different experience with both games.
Despite how much I want to play TP myself, you can't go wrong with this rationale. Both are fantastic games.

Renmiri
02-04-2007, 07:23 PM
The gamecube version of the TP is kicking my butt. Controls are impossible!!! :mad:

Pete for President
02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
God of War is pretty cool, at first I thought it would be the typical hack 'n slash game, but the story gets pretty epic later on. It's really cheap by now.

I think KH 2 was cool, as long as you start on "Proud" (hard) mode, or else it will be way too easy.

I'm also planning to buy Shadow of the Colossus, but here in Europe, the game still costs about 55 euro's. I hope it'll get cheaper soon, but hey, FF XII comes out here in a few weeks, so the wait won't be that hard =)

Don't have any idea what zelda is like.

NeoCracker
02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
The GC controls for TP aren't really that new, how are they kicking your but?

But Yeah, 2 games for less then one is probably the safest bet, as I love God of War, but can't vouch for Collosus.

However TP is funner than God of War. The enviroments are amazing, and overall While the Gameplay isn't exactly new on the GC, some of the new Gadgets, noteable that spinny top thing, are fun as hell.

Though KH 2 is fun, I'd say go for TP or GoW and Colossus.