PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV Advance (Somewhat Spoilers)

Northcrest
02-04-2007, 03:17 AM
So I'm planning to get this game but like FFV ( Which I've beaten) there was some extra added stuff to the game likem new jobs. So should there be anything that is new in this game or the same as the original. Just wondering about it for quite a while.

arcanedude34
02-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Yeah.. The music and graohics are waaaaaaaay improved (actually not that much) and the new features like the bonus areas and stuff are a nice touch so... Yeah... I'd recommend it.

FinalChance
02-04-2007, 03:49 AM
The battling is glitchy though. Sometimes a character will just kind of freeze up after giving them a command. One such time that I can remember is when I was fighting Valvalis, I told Yang to Power and it seriously took him like 3 mins to move. Things like that happen often.

Also it may just be me.....but the random encounter rate seems to be higher.

The bonus dungeons in the end was a nice touch. You can obtain even stronger weapons/accessories for your characters in it.

Zeromus_X
02-04-2007, 06:02 AM
-Improved graphics from the Wonderswan version
-Occasionally buggy battle system (sometimes characters get two turns in a row, slowdown, etc.)
-Able to switch out characters and have a customizable party
-Two new bonus dungeons with crazy new bosses and equipment
-Bonus features like other FF GBA ports (B Button Dash, Bestiary, and so on)

One such time that I can remember is when I was fighting Valvalis, I told Yang to Power and it seriously took him like 3 mins to move. Things like that happen often.

Were your other characters executing their turns while Yang was charging up? I notice if nobody else does anything, then Yang will use it faster. It's still really slow, though, I never remember him doing that in the original version.

arcanedude34
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Also, as pointed out, many many many battle-related glitches.

If you tell someone to attack, there's about a 1/60 chance that they will have their next turn immediately after attacking without waiting for the ATB to fill up.

Also, Many skills take a really long for the preparation thing to be done. For example, if you tell Rydia to summon something, then immediately tell Rosa to cast Curaga, Rosa usually casts Curaga before Rydia summons something.

Whether or not that is a glitch is irrelevent- it's annoying.

The monstes and bosses seem to bequite easier. Many bosses that took you half an hour to beat on the SNES will take you maybe ten minutes.

I would get this game (I already did) and Im looking forward to FFVI Advance for GAMEBOY. :D