PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: Online

Stunt
02-04-2007, 03:47 AM
I've been having this idea lately, while getting into Final Fantasy XI (although I don't have it). I realized it's areas in the game are mostly grass & old-time like. Wouldn't it be great to have an FFVII: Online with the city of Midgar Online?

I keep imagining the graphics of how it would be on the X360 and PS3. Lookin' good.

Aqua Mage
02-04-2007, 04:25 AM
Oh my, yes it would be great. *hope*

Mirage
02-04-2007, 04:26 AM
I don't think FF7 spinoffs can lead to anything good anymore.

Stunt
02-04-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't think FF7 spinoffs can lead to anything good anymore.

If it's this, it sure can.

Dr. Acula
02-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Although I think its a pretty good idea, I'm pretty sure they've milked FF7 for all it's worth already.

cloud_doll
02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Although I think its a pretty good idea, I'm pretty sure they've milked FF7 for all it's worth already.

yeah i agree. as much as i loved the story i think its pretty much over with.

The Crystal
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Exist Dirge of Cerberus Online, that tell us more about the Tsviets. But only in Japan.

Mirage
02-04-2007, 03:52 PM
What.

Christmas
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
As long as they include the Honey Bee Inn. :pinkelephant:

Mirage
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh Christmas, I want to give you a sensual e-massage in the Honeybee Inn. I hope this game sees the light of day.

cloud21zidane16
02-04-2007, 06:15 PM

haha if its still gonna make money then from the creators view its never milked;)
but i like the idea of online ff7

Stunt
02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Yay, a supporter.

I mean seriously guys, just imagine how fun it would be. Create your own character with an FF7 style, go through the industrial citys. I mean FFXI's citys are nice too, but it would be good to have a new and old time Final Fantasy.

UltimateSpamGrover
02-07-2007, 05:59 AM
So Midgar Slums would be like the noob city?

(Noob1) HAY IM IN SECTOR 7 SLUMS WHER R U!?

(Noob2 in shout) Zoning mob to sector 6! Zoning mob to sector 6!

(Noob3) wheres wall market11111

(Noob4) Treshur bocks en Aeris' Garden lawl

Clord
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Somebody spot wandering Sephiroth looking "Jenova arm" and then try to solo it.

darksword12
02-10-2007, 05:34 AM

This is one of the funniest forum posts I have ever seen. UltimateSpamGrover, I salute you!

Regarding FF7 online: NO. It wouldn't work. One of the reasons ff7 is such a great game is the story, and an MMORPG just couldn't deliver that. Plus, ff7 had some occurences, like the destruction of sector 7, that caused a change in the game environment. An MMORPG world has to remain constant. Plus, what would you do for characters? I mean, you could do anything for your character since materia makes them all equivalent, but the characters in ff7 were important. You couldn't make them playable in an mmorpg without a million clouds running around.

It sounds pretty cool at first, but upon further thought, I don't think it would work well, or at least without being pretty dumb.

DM_Melkhar
02-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I bought FFXI thinking it would be an amazing game. However, I thought:
* It's far too long-winded to get into, and moving on in the game takes too long as well.
* Seeking a party is nigh on impossible.
* Finding a lost party member isn't at all practical.
* You have to start all over again if you start a new job.
* You have to spend hours levelling up before you can do anything significant.

If an online game of FFVII turned out like that, I think Square's reputation would plummet. Their financial turnover was bad enough after FFX, FFX-2 and to top it off, FFXI. XI wasn't ever all that popular. I may still go back to it one day when I have a ridiculous amount of time and money on my hands.

FFXI assumes that everyone playing will be experienced MMORPG players. I've played a lot of Guild Wars, and though it can play a lot like a single player game, its system is a lot easier to use. If a FFVII online game ever came about, I would have no end of complaints if its system was identical to FFXI's.

Levian
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Haha, that would be pretty fun actually, couldn't be worse than Dirge of Cerberus anyway. I don't see it happening, though. :D

Edge7
02-15-2007, 09:14 PM

This is one of the funniest forum posts I have ever seen. UltimateSpamGrover, I salute you!

Regarding FF7 online: NO. It wouldn't work. One of the reasons ff7 is such a great game is the story, and an MMORPG just couldn't deliver that. Plus, ff7 had some occurences, like the destruction of sector 7, that caused a change in the game environment. An MMORPG world has to remain constant. Plus, what would you do for characters? I mean, you could do anything for your character since materia makes them all equivalent, but the characters in ff7 were important. You couldn't make them playable in an mmorpg without a million clouds running around.

It sounds pretty cool at first, but upon further thought, I don't think it would work well, or at least without being pretty dumb.\

Maybe people would'nt want to play a storyline, but explore famous FFVII places not just Midgar, but Cosmo Canyon, and Wutai. They could also can customize their own character and give him/her FFVII weapons. I'd supprot the idea of a game like that. Also an FFVIII version would be cool too

RiseToFall
02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Ivalice would be a much better world to explore online than FF VII's. At least in my opinion.

Stunt
02-15-2007, 10:52 PM
It would be better for an FFVII Online so we can explore inaccessible areas of the city, the canyon, etc.

Midgar is much better then Ivalice.