PDA

View Full Version : Confused on the sphere system!

Shlnsengumi
02-04-2007, 06:04 AM
First time playing through X. I don't exactly understand the sphere system in this way. I'm in the beginning, and doing the sphere advancement, does this mean I can have to choose between what stats I want to upgrade (choosing between agility, strength...etc)

If there is a faq out there someone can link, please do so!

Hambone
02-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Here's a hint: Pay attention to the tutorial.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_sphere_grid.txt

Shlnsengumi
02-04-2007, 06:33 AM
I did, and I still don't understand.

And your link dosent work.

Just 1 question, can any character go to nodes other characters have already learned? Like, can I have everyone eventually learn Ultima?

Hambone
02-04-2007, 06:46 AM
It works fine on my computer.

Yes. As soon as each character completes their are of the grid, they can start on someone elses path, gaining more stats and abilities.

Shlnsengumi
02-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Thanks a bunch!

But just 2 more Q! Is it recommended that I sell my weapons

where can i find stuff to fill in my empty nods

jammi567
02-04-2007, 09:28 AM
yes. especially if they have crap abilities such as 'Strength +3%' or 'Sensor'.

You'llhave to wait until you reach the monster arena near the end of the game.

Sain Cai
02-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Here's a hint: Pay attention to the tutorial.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_sphere_grid.txt

The link will bring you to a hotlink prevention page. You probably see it because it is still cached in your browser.

Shlnsengumi
02-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Ooo, just found an MP sphere I can use for Yuna, hurrah!

N8V_Tidus25
02-05-2007, 12:49 AM
I didn't know what the hell this was for when I first started playing, I went clear the end of the mighen high road then my cousin finally told me what it was for and how to use it, i felt dumb as ever cuz i died a couple 100 times getting there,.

Firo Volondé
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Is it recommended that I sell my weapons

Just sell anything when you get an equal or better version of it, or anything that you find that isn't useful.

where can i find stuff to fill in my empty nods

Mostly it comes from stealing from every monster you see, but there are some abilities that use Power Spheres, Speed Spheres etc. However, in this game, you focus more on building up stats and abilities than creating killer weapons. (Which, incidentally, you'll find soon enough;))

Shlnsengumi
02-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Ok i've found a couple MP spheres, and some other spheres I can fill the blank nodes in with. However, is there only a limited amount of those kinds of spheres in the game? If so, which spheres should I give to the characters. for example, who needs teh HP spheres the most?

Khaotic
02-06-2007, 02:16 AM
Eventually every character can get the extra hp from it, so whats the difference?