PDA

View Full Version : Why does my printer keep doing this?

Peter_20
02-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Alright, I was gonna print a piece of paper with some regular text on it, and I checked how it was gonna look, and this is what I saw:

WORDS
WORDS
WORDS
WORDS
WORDS

...but then I print it, and suddenly it looks like this:

WORDS
WORDS
-------WORDS
WORDS
-------WORDS

(the lines signify blank areas, of course)

Why the hell do some of the lines get punched to the right like that?
It's annoying! :(

rubah
02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Were you printing it in notepad with word wrap on? Or in any program with word wrap on?

Peter_20
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I printed it from WordPad and I made several previews before actually printing it.
I saw nothing wrong at all, but still the printed piece of paper looks totally different. :mad:

I did manage to get a correct print-out by simply pushing the wrong lines a bit to the opposite direction (so that they were too far to the left :rolleyes2), but that doesn't make sense at all.

ValiantKnight
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
reinstall the printer via printer software disk/CD?

Might clear it up, if not then it may be hardware on the printer.
You can just add a new printer and reinstall the printer to a second "printer" I think. Try that first..

Start > Settings > Printer and faxes

Add a Printer.... pop your cd/disk in... go through the adding a printer thing. Then in wordpad/etc... print to the new printer icon not the old one.

If it works then, then the printer driver/software became corrupted or messed up over time... happens. If not, then.... not really sure besides printer going bad.

Go to start > settings > printer and faxes

Delete the old printer...

Try multiple applications with printing as well, it could possibly be wordpad is weird.

However if you delete your printer from printer/faxes and its some kinda hardware glitch, you might not be able to reacquire the printer for a reinstall, so try adding first.