PDA

View Full Version : super bowl

Lynx
02-04-2007, 07:59 PM
so jsut a few hours until super bowl which team do you want to win bears or colts?

Yar
02-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Neither, I hope both lose. I hope Prince kicks ass though. (Which he will. :D)

escobert
02-04-2007, 08:01 PM
bears of course. Everyone in my house is finally rooting for the correct team instead of the damn Patriots.

DK
02-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I picked bears to make the finals at the start of the season, so GO BEARS

Tempest
02-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Da Bears!!! I just hope they stop with the turnovers. The Colts can turn the ball over as many times as they want, though. :bigsmile:

I Took the Red Pill
02-05-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm rooting for the Bears. Prince at the halftime show was...different.

Momiji
02-05-2007, 01:26 AM
I have to be for my home team, so GO COLTS!!!

>.>

<,<

*runs*

Yar
02-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Prince at the halftime show was...<STRIKE>different</STRIKE> awesome!<STRIKE>
</STRIKE>
I noticed an error in your post. Fixed! :tongue:

Madame Adequate
02-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Wanna hear a joke?

The Chicago Bears!

GO COLTS!!

Momiji
02-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Prince at the halftime show was....:barf:
I noticed an error in your post. Fixed! :tongue:

Fixed. :D

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Goooo Bears~

Dynast-Kid
02-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Da Bears! Only because of the Superbowl Shuffle though.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-05-2007, 02:02 AM
just a reminder

colts

count. on. losing. the. season

colts

Rengori
02-05-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm from Colorado so I'd say Broncos, but Plummer had to drop out for the second half of the season, so I'll go with the closest thing to that, the Colts.

escobert
02-05-2007, 02:34 AM
I want to kill grossman....

Yar
02-05-2007, 02:36 AM
I feel sorry for the Pacific time zone viewers who get to see it three hours later. j/k

Tempest
02-05-2007, 03:01 AM
:( :whimper: :cry: :crying2:

escobert
02-05-2007, 03:03 AM
all I can say is wtf... grossman did you know we were playing today? did you not realize that in order to win you must first get the goddamn snap. Then throw it somewhere near a reciever. And what the hell was up with the defense?

Tempest
02-05-2007, 03:06 AM
all I can say is wtf... grossman did you know we were playing today? did you not realize that in order to win you must first get the goddamn snap. Then throw it somewhere near a reciever. And what the hell was up with the defense?

They just didn't want to win the Super Bowl, huh. How many 1st downs did they end up with? 13 or something. And most of them came at the end of the damn game. Very, very disappointing Super Bowl. Very!

Lynx
02-05-2007, 03:08 AM
well i was rooting for the colts jsut because they never had a super bowl win (to my knowledge) and the bears have. and the colts did not dissapoint :D

i must say it was quite the exciteing game.

thank you rainy weather.

escobert
02-05-2007, 03:10 AM
They won the first superbowl.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Wanna hear a joke?

The Chicago Bears!

GO COLTS!!

Whoa, I gotta give this a heart QFT, Mister Huxley MILF. :D :save:

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine! Twenty-nine points! A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :count:

escobert
02-05-2007, 03:25 AM
That had to be the one of the absolute crappiest posts I've ever seen. Sad to see it comming from milfy :(

Yar
02-05-2007, 03:59 AM
We all know who really won: the city of Miami, Florida; CBS; and, of course, Prince.

Spammerman
02-05-2007, 04:07 AM
The Quickdraw Mcgraws stole the picnic basket from the Yogi Bears.

Del Murder
02-05-2007, 04:29 AM
Actually the NFL is the big winner. They make the most money from all of this.

This game wasn't great but it wasn't terrible.

edczxcvbnm
02-05-2007, 04:33 AM
You people thought the Bears where going to win? What the fuck were you thinking? Don't you know Bears hibernate at this time of year :D

Screw you Bears. GO COLTS!

Del Murder
02-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Yeah, the Bears really had no chance. They got a couple good breaks and still lost by a lot.

ljkkjlcm9
02-05-2007, 04:49 AM
That was a crappy superbowl. Definitely nothing to really remember, except Vini missing a field goal, I loved that.

THE JACKEL

Bloodline666
02-05-2007, 05:21 AM
At least Adam Vinatieri kicked the ball AWAY from Devin Hester after that first kick-off, instead of doing what he did in Super Bowl XXXI when he gambled with Desmond Howard after his team pulled within 6, and paid dearly.

Peyton Manning is FINALLY a Football GOD, along with Jerry Rice, Trent Dilfer, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Brett Favre, John Elway, Marcus Allen, Ken Stabler, Terry Bradshaw, Tony Dorsett, Johnny Unitas, Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor, etc. There is only ONE qualification for being a football god, and that is winning the Super Bowl.

I Took the Red Pill
02-05-2007, 05:27 AM
There is only ONE qualification for being a football god, and that is winning the Super Bowl.I guess Dan Marino and Barry Sanders just blow then, huh?

Bloodline666
02-05-2007, 05:38 AM
There is only ONE qualification for being a football god, and that is winning the Super Bowl.I guess Dan Marino and Barry Sanders just blow then, huh?

Why else do you think Peyton Manning got a lot of heat for nine years, despite his statistics and records?

For the same reason I hold Dan Marino and Barry Sanders to a much lower regard as football players than people like Trent Dilfer; as Herm Edwards said, "You play to win the game!" And those who don't win the Super Bowl, don't do so because they ain't good enough to win it to begin with, and regardless of how good they are individually, the reality is, they're just as good as the rest of their team.

Sephex
02-05-2007, 06:33 AM
You people thought the Bears where going to win? What the smurf were you thinking? Don't you know Bears hibernate at this time of year :D

Stay up all night thinking of that one? That is seriously one of the lamest things ever.

Bunny
02-05-2007, 06:34 AM
lol @ Super Bowl.

Bloodline666
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Looks like Tank Johnson's going to jail without a Super Bowl ring.

El Bandito
02-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Well I think Tom Jackson summed it up best, "You can't try to hide your quarterback during the Superbowl". But even then, the Bears needed to do two big things to win. They needed to run the ball and they needed to keep pressure on Peyton Manning. They failed at both as they only picked up 112 yards on 17 attempts (which if you take away the long one is 3.75 YPC) and got one sack on Peyton while allowing around 200 yards rushing.

Of course most of the blame will fall on Grossman, but honestly Chicago really didn't do much to help him out. The score didn't reflect on how badly the Colts actually beat down on the Bears.

This is exactly the push Manning needed to finally win the big one. Just like Elway, once his team was able to get an established rushing attack, it just made him all the better. Here's to everyone shutting up and finally appreciating watching one of the best football players of his generation.

To end, wow I was one of the ones laughing at people who tried using Bob Sanders' injury as an excuse for the Colts' sorry regular season defense, but damn that man is ridiculously talented.

escobert
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Looks like Tank Johnson's going to jail without a Super Bowl ring.

Or not since he the guns are registerd in his homw state where he is a legal resident. so most likely no he won't go to jail.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
A'yo, on the real, I didn't watch the superbowl because the Saints weren't in it.:cry: :cry: :cry: DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN OUR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunny
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
A'yo, on the real, I didn't watch the superbowl because the Saints weren't in it.:cry: :cry: :cry: DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN OUR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Bears could have won.

But they didn't.

Because they suck.

Just like the Saints.

Ruh-oh.

Raistlin
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
For the same reason I hold Dan Marino and Barry Sanders to a much lower regard as football players than people like Trent Dilfer

You've got to be kidding me. I agree that winning a Super Bowl is a big deal and 99% of quarterbacks won't be remotely considered legends without a ring (Marino is a notable possible exception), but <i>Dilfer</i> over Marino? The same Dilfer that went like 6 or 7 games in the regular season <i>without a touchdown?</i> That's just insane. Marino was so much better than Dilfer, it's not even funny.

Yar
02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Lol, my dad said the Browns are going next year. Yeah right!

edczxcvbnm
02-05-2007, 04:56 PM
You people thought the Bears where going to win? What the smurf were you thinking? Don't you know Bears hibernate at this time of year :D

Stay up all night thinking of that one? That is seriously one of the lamest things ever.

As your dad said one day

"Steve. He is all about lame." :D

Strider
02-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Actually, Wes, Dilfer completed nearly 60 percent of his passes in that 2000 season and had 12 touchdowns in his 8 regular season starts. Baltimore's offensive woes were with Tony Banks at center.

He wasn't great in those playoffs, but he did have 3 touchdowns to 1 interception during the Super Bowl run. You could say he didn't really need to be great with that defense and all, but Ray Lewis and company have been on record saying the Ravens could've repeated if Brian Billick's ego hadn't gotten in the way and released Dilfer.

Del Murder
02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Dilfer sucks.

ljkkjlcm9
02-06-2007, 02:52 AM
that was a crappy superbowl

and honestly, winning the superbowl is huge for getting in the hall of fame. Brady is basically guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame, and he's even considered retirement already because there's nothing left for him to accomplish. I remember when he was interviewed after their third superbowl win, and they asked him what he thought... he said something along the lines, "The ultimate goal of a player is to win the superbowl, I've been playing 4 years, and won it 3 times, and been MVP twice, I don't know what's left for me to acheive." And it's true, the ultimate goal is the superbowl. No matter what else happens, the superbowl is what matters.

THE JACKEL