PDA

View Full Version : Which f13 looksthe best, versus or the original???

Hazzard
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
From what ive seen, versus trailer looks miles better than the other ff13, WHY? Because its so dark and different. I would buy this game in a heartbeat, whoes with me?

atlanteay
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
FF13 because it's NOT dark and it doesn't have an emo character so far :tongue:

Hazzard
02-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Why do people always think a character is emo if they have a dark personality, its like cloud and squall; they go through rough sad times,but arent every really goin emo, so i woudnt call his character emo because he doesnt smile

Ashley Schovitz
02-04-2007, 08:30 PM
But we don't even know what his personality is, that trailer really didn't signify anything except for what the game might be about it and I'm looking more forward to XIII than Versus XIII because I have a feeling it will be better.

No.78
02-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I havent seen much of VS, but I prefer XIII, I love "lightning" and her flippy anti gravity stuff, the music in the trailer, that wierd crystally forest thing she's in, and the concept of transformer esque summons :bigsmile:

Dynast-Kid
02-04-2007, 10:51 PM
FF13 because it's NOT dark and it doesn't have an emo character so far :tongue:

But we don't even know what his personality is, that trailer really didn't signify anything except for what the game might be about it and I'm looking more forward to XIII than Versus XIII because I have a feeling it will be better.

I havent seen much of VS, but I prefer XIII, I love "lightning" and her flippy anti gravity stuff, the music in the trailer, that wierd crystally forest thing she's in, and the concept of transformer esque summons :bigsmile:

RiseToFall
02-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Need to see more of both games to make that decision.

Comet
02-04-2007, 11:29 PM
FF Versus XIII looks MUCH MUCH better than FF XIII. FF XIII looks like some zelda, unoriginal crap, while FF Versus has unique backgrounds with Shakespeare's quotes involved. I bet you lot have never seen nothing like that eh?

Disco Potato
02-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Both games look really interesting to me, Versus slightly moreso because of the whole, "fight between ancient and modern techonology" premise.

Nifleheim7
02-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Both trailers look great to me,but it's too early to have an opinion about the characters or the games themselves.

Hazzard
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
personally, i think the two games will be fantastic from the looks of them, and im looking forward to them!!!

Vivisteiner
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
personally, i think the two games will be fantastic from the looks of them, and im looking forward to them!!!

Darkja
02-07-2007, 03:36 AM
Both. Storylines and graphics starting to look really interesting. I don't really care about the mobilephone one..
/

Croyles
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
FF Versus XIII looks MUCH MUCH better than FF XIII. FF XIII looks like some zelda, unoriginal crap, while FF Versus has unique backgrounds with Shakespeare's quotes involved. I bet you lot have never seen nothing like that eh?

Imo any game can make that cheesy move of including Shakespeare quotes, but they all leave it because they know its just cheap.

Stunt
02-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Versus, I like the whole dark city theme they got going on. Reminds me of Midgar.

Moon Rabbits
02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
From what ive seen, versus trailer looks miles better than the other ff13, WHY? Because its so dark and different. I would buy this game in a heartbeat, whoes with me?

dark != different.

forgotten_fantasy
02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I think that the character in versus looks like squall and I did like the trailer very much looks interesting. Versus looks better to me but its not a fair contest as the purposes of both trailers are completely different.

Diango12
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
ff13 its "light"er then versus seems more upbeat and adventures, versus looks like its going to be a bunch of "nagging" crap about dark philosophy’s... no thank you<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Sidderz
02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Even though Versus XIII does look like its going to be amazing and I will indeed purchase my heart is with Final Fantasy XIII. It just looks soo... well --- GOOD.

Alot better in my opinion.

Hazzard
02-24-2007, 10:39 PM
i recently been watching the trailer of Final fantasy 13, more than versus.
It seems like I'm starting to prefer it more, but maybe because we've seen alot of the moves that Lightning performs, and hardly of that other guy.

UltimaMasamune
02-25-2007, 08:43 PM
FF versus XIII

but I want MGS4 more

Remon
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Both of them don't look very promising but i guess the original one looks cooler

Laddy
02-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Original, standard RPG, no emo, female protaginist, enough said.

Ouch!
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Considering what was recently said about the history of Versus XIII's main character's family (supposedly similar to the mafia), I imagine the dark tone has a lot less to do with being depressing an emo than it does to do with being, for a lack of a better word, scary. I'm thinking dark as in "not the kind of guy you want to cross" type of character.

FFXIII wasn't really interesting me at first. The whole Cocoon and Pulse thing was sounding pretty lame off the bat, and there's been a lot of things that've made me kind of wonder about where the game is headed, but I'm still willing to give it a chance. At this point, I'm probably more interested to see where Versus XIII will go (if only because I have faith that the battle system is going to be downright wicked).

Original, standard RPG
Oxymoron?

Croyles
03-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Original, standard RPG
Oxymoron?

Nope, since 'original' does not actually mean 'new' or 'fresh', but that it stems from its origin :).

So normal is what he meant.
Though a completely new style of RPG is 'original' because it's origin is itself.
Nowadays there are these two meanings, which can be a little confusing. :D
<<<< :snob:

Ouch!
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Original, standard RPG
Oxymoron?

Nope, since 'original' does not actually mean 'new' or 'fresh', but that it stems from its origin :).

Though a completely new style of RPG is 'original' because it's origin is itself.
It is also blaringly obvious that he was not using the definition of original which you have defined. =D

Furthermore, the second definition of original:
"2. new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising."

Aerio
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Original, standard RPG
Oxymoron?

It is also blaringly obvious that he was not using the definition of original which you have defined. =D

Furthermore, the second definition of original:
"2. new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising."

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was answering the question of which do you like better Original FFXIII (bad wording on OP's part) or the Versus.

He just used poor sentence structure and punctuation that lead to misinterpretations. (should read in full sentence structure: "I like the original because it is a standard RPG and has a female protagonist. Enough Said."

Anyways, to stay on topic, I will say that I am looking forward to both.

I am a fickle person, one minute I will like the idea of FFXIII or Versus, the next I'll find it lame. I'll only know for sure when they come out and I get a PS3 (ha..).

Eiko Guy
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
stop calling her emo. If you call someone emo then you have noidea what emo really is. it infuriates me when someone says oh cloud and squal are emo. they weren't emo they just weren't nice. Emo is personality not dressing style.
ughh

Hazzard
03-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I completely agree with you Outlaw, but i think they were referring to the Versus Protagonist.

Edge7
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I've never seen the versus trailer before... I'm now a versus fan

Markus. D
04-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I like the original better.

~

:3

bloodfenrir
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
i recken that both games look amazing i mean who cares if verus as a character which looks emo cause he reminds me of squall and cloud cause their depressed

Stunt
04-16-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm going to have to say Versus 13. It has more of a dark and gloomy "I don't need anyone to help me" kind of look.

Pete for President
04-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Versus looks far more interesting it seems to have a dark and tragic story, which I like. The main character looks awesome too.

tidus_rox
06-03-2007, 03:52 AM
I have always like FF V XIII better. I think these will be the best FF any one has ever seen. The story lines look very good. I just hope the SE makes them nice 'n' long.

So I vote V XIII

Kar00
07-19-2007, 06:13 AM

Totally. I can't wait.

Great Sephiroth
07-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Since FFVII and FFVIII we didn't see such a dark FF...And finally, FFvXIII will end my hunger. Man, I can't wait. The main characthers look sooo cool.:D