PDA

View Full Version : And now a manly topic (shaving)

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2007, 09:42 PM
This is a man-based topic. Ladies and ladylike folk need not apply. The discussion today gentlemen (and it better be gentleMEN) is on the subject of facial hygiene. Namely, the shaving of the face or beard. How often do you do it? Do you have a certain technique? Or are you "going RSL" and having a nice bushy one for all to behold?

I myself have a very specific beard shaving method. Up and down on the cheeks, left then right, back and across on the jawline, left then right, up and down right across the bottom of the jaw (but not past the jawline), then up alone the 'tasche area, and then finally the ever hardcore part of the job, the chin area, up and down and left and right and diagonalwise. A quick feel for any patches, and then rinse. I also have a personal record of never cutting myself whilst shaving (except for opening any spots on my face, which doesn't count).

Araciel
02-04-2007, 09:46 PM
every second day when i'm in the shower i put conditioner on my face, let it seep in a little, then rinse off and come out. lather up 1 part shaving foam and 1 part shaving cream together, mixed.. i use gilette mach 3 turbo ONLY heheh and i only go straight down the whole time...no against the grain, cause i would get ingrown hairs or the like. when i'm finished i shock with a sink full of cold water to close the pores and then put on some aftershave LOTION.

the best, closest shave i can get.

no cuts since i was 14 and first shaved off my moustache

Iceglow
02-04-2007, 09:47 PM
hmm I shave when I need to so if I am not going anywhere for the next four days I won't shave but if I have to go out at all somewhere (pub or work ect) then I shave and do so untill I am smooth.

Drift
02-04-2007, 09:48 PM
once a week for my chin

Sergeant Hartman
02-04-2007, 09:48 PM
I shave once a week, and I always end up cutting myself, without fail :(

Levian
02-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Shaved my head yesterday actually, and I've been singing Nothing Compares 2 U ever since.

Used to have a full beard, but now there's a goatee and some scruff.

Endless
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Every 2 days usually, except on weekends (I might skip a day). I use a Wilkinson Protector 3D Diamond, and usually, I don't have a particular routine. The idea is to get the cheeks done first and the neck area, so that I can stop holding my hair without it sticking in the cream, then moustache area, then upper chin, then lower chin, then quick feel if I left patches, which are often in the lower chin area, under the jaw. I usually don't cut my face, but fairly often get microcuts (little spots of blood) on the neck area.

Mikztsu
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I should shave every day, but I usually do it every second day. Really depends where am I going, who am I meeting. Sometimes I like to let it grow a bit. And speaking of RSL, I sometimes during summer let my beard grow for a month or two. It's amazing how much younger you look after shaving beard worth of months and had forgotten what your face looks like. :)

Levian - I do my head these days as well with a trimmer ( my girlfriend does it from me actually). I do that usually twice a month and 6mm short. R.I.P. hippie hair.

As for my shaving methods...I try to do everything I can by shaving down to avoid irritation of skin, but some hair there just goes off best when you shave it up. My neck usually gets pretty irritated with some small red spots. I use Gillette Mach 3.

DK
02-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Levian looks like Frank Sinatra with his hat.

I usually shave my sideburns off and keep a goatee and 'tasche and chin-muff sort of thing, but I don't have any specific pattern to it, just generally shave whichever way needs be. I like stroking my beard when I contemplate things.

Iceglow
02-04-2007, 10:12 PM
hmm if we are going into razors used I use the wilkinson sword quattro it's ok but I really used to like the old wilkinson sword classic but thanks to half asleep shaving I have some lovely razor scars where I hacked my face on the first stroke of it. Order of shaving is down on the cheeks up on the neck going over it untill satisfied.

ShunNakamura
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I really want to shave everyday, but even if I have my father or mother shave me I end up looking like someone took a hacksaw to my face if we do it with too short of an interval(i.e. I gotta let it grow out several days first).

I hate it.... I don't like facial hair. It is itchy scratchy and quite frankly I don't think I look good with facial hair. But no matter how many experienced shavers I get to try and teach me or do it for me all we end up doing is putting me through lots of pain(I actually slid past a check in wrestling because of that. My face was rough but when even the ref couldn't shave me without causing lots of blood I was allowed to wrestle despite the roughness of my face).

themagicroundabout
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
There is no telling when I am going to have a shave. It is unscheduled. I MIGHT EVEN GO SHAVE IN FIVE MINUTES. But perhaps not; that is the nature of my shaving regime. I like to keep everyone on their toes. :roll:

DK
02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I'm with Curtis, I don't have a schedule. It's usually an issue of months, not days.

Also, the best razors i've found are the 3 blade gillette disposable ones. They just work best for me.

Jowy
02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I usually have to do it every other day to keep my face nice and smooth. I use a Mach III.

XxSephirothxX
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I typically shave several times a week because I don't like being too scruffy. Being clean-shaven just feel much better. Sometimes I'll go for as long as a week if I'm feeling really lazy, but typically I'll shave every 2-3 days.

I use a Panasonic Vortex. Pretty quick, easy, and painless.

NeoCracker
02-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Shaving is indeed a very manly activity. I myself Shave with a Mach 3, giving myself that smooth feel. No man should be without the right to experience this feeling, and I fight for that right. A vote for me is a Vote for manly shaving.

Vote Corncracker.

N8V_Tidus25
02-05-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't have to shave, I don't grow hair on my face:D

Roto13
02-05-2007, 12:58 AM
I have an RSL style beard. I trim it when it gets too wild.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2007, 01:37 AM
I shave mustache first, then right cheek and side of the jaw, repeat that on the left, then front of the chin, then underside of the chin and neck.

I've cut myself twice. Those bitches bleed for freaking ever.

oddler
02-05-2007, 01:43 AM
I usually have to do it every other day to keep my face nice and smooth.

Lately, if Jowy's already posted in a thread before I have, I can just find his post and quote it. There you go.

Meat Puppet
02-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I hack my face up every couple of days. Sometimes I will just go totally wild and let it grow a little, though.

krissy
02-05-2007, 01:56 AM
i rip out individual hairs with tweezers

that's how HARDCORE i am

Dr Unne
02-05-2007, 01:58 AM
If I don't shave every day, I look like a hobo. I usually shave without using shaving cream, just water. I endure the pain. It makes me feel good about myself.

Jebus
02-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I hate razor burn, so once a week, I take a trimmer to my beard, and reduce it to some stubble, leaving only my goatee, and my mustache.

Luckily my facial hair grows slowly.

Yamaneko
02-05-2007, 02:39 AM
If I don't shave every day, I look like a hobo. I usually shave without using shaving cream, just water. I endure the pain. It makes me feel good about myself.
Use obsidian like a real man.

Slothy
02-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I usually shave every day except on weekends, unless I'm in the middle of a bout of laziness, then I may shave once every other day. No real routine worth describing. I just slap on some shaving cream, haul out the Mach 3 and get it done.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh, as for how often, it's usually once a week I'd guess.

Yamaneko
02-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Forgot the answer the topic.

I haven't shaved in over a month so I'm pretty hairy right now, but when I do shave regularly it's about every other day or else the stubble starts to itch.

Bunny
02-05-2007, 06:30 AM
I have to shave with a razor made entirely out of diamonds. It is the only known substance that is strong enough to shave my beard.

Just kidding, I was born with a condition that makes it impossible for me to grow hair. Anywhere. At any time.

Little Blue
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I prefer to shave every other day, but usually forget for a whole week. I usually start on my neck and work my way up, shaving around my goatee. Wet shaving scares me, so I use electric shavers...

NorthernChaosGod
02-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I'll wait anywhere from two days to two weeks to shave.

I like being pretty scruffy, and I like my long chinstrap.

escobert
02-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I do it when I do it and I have no method to my madness.

No.78
02-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I use them electric shavers that suck all the hairs off your face, and I rub my face vigorously with it untill the hairs gone. It hurts and leaves a red mark, and I do it like once or twice a week (I'm lazy), and I refuse to learn the whole "OMYGOD AFTERSHAVE AND BIG KNIFE" thing, thats just asking to get pwnd.

Breine
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I usually just shave once a week, which is mostly because I simply hate it. I can't stand the way my skin feels after shaving... ugh.. it's so annoying. I'm so happy that I'm not a woman having to shave both legs and arm pits.

Madonna
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I shave up like a Dragon Uppercut.

Endless
02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I shave up like a Dragon Uppercut.
I think we all know how you shave:
http://airelle.info/bou.jpg

Owen Macwere
02-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I am kinda hairy so if I don't shave in like 4 days I get a beard and moustache.
So, I try to shave like everyday before taking my usual shower. It gives a cool feeling. Also, I don't shave completely; leaving my hair visible but short is charming. :cool:

Ryth
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I shave rarely, I should do it more often. I'm just lazy and forgetful. So I'm kind of "going RSL."

fire_of_avalon
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
i rip out individual hairs with tweezers

that's how HARDCORE i am

Hey, I do that too.

Oh no a woman! >:-

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I forget to shave at times, but my facial hair really does grow slow, so by the time it is noticeable I shave.

Oddly enough my facial hair is strawberry blonde, or at least has a red tint to it. The reason this is odd is because I am a dark blonde, almost brunette, depending on the lighting.

Mikztsu
02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I love it how growing a long beard is refered as 'going RSL' in EoFF these days.

RSL beard of ultimate justice.

sephirothishere
02-06-2007, 01:01 PM
hmmm...ya...if im not going anywhere...ill leave maself to get nice and fuzzy :D ....and...uh...imma kinda tryin to do this cool goatee thing...get this right...

grow a proper goatee mmk....then...
shave one side of it off :D ....

ive been tryin to get it just right...i dont think its going to happen...this kind of facial hair mastery wont be easy....but ive got time....

Mo-Nercy
02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I shave everyday since I go out just about every day of the week. I use shaving foam for sensitive skin and then just rip into it with my Schick Quattro Energy.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't shave. I got one of those teenage moustache thing's that made my friends look like babies when they shaved it. I also got a few strands on my chin that I can't be bothered to pluck off. It's true, I don't really give a monkeys about appearance