PDA

View Full Version : The Best Sitcoms and their cliches

Ashley Schovitz
02-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Behold the glorious thread of sitcoms...
What's your favorite sitcom and let's contemplate about the cliches you'll find in about every sitcom you can find.
Here are all the sitcoms that I watch: Good Times, Sanford &Son, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Martin, Married With Children, The Simpsons, The Cosby Show, That 70's Show, Sister Sister, Family Matters and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Out of all of those, I watch the Cosby Show the least. Sometimes the show can get ridicuously corny. My favorite out of the bunch is a tie between Good Times and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. good Times is just a classic and Will and carlton are the best two characters you can find on any show.

Oops I forgot all about Family Matters. Steve Urkel lives forever, but Stefon stays in my heart.

Now with the cliches, if you've seen a sitcom you've probably seen an episode with these things in them.

#1 There's at least one dumb character in the show F.E. Kelso

#2 Someone accidentally kills or loses a friend's pet and tries to buy another one before he/she finds out. F.E. Martin's mother's parrot dies

#3 The main characters meets some kind of royalty and the girl will almost get married to him F.E. Raven Baxter to African Prince

#4 There's some sort of Talent show episode F.E. The Simpsons

#5 There's an episode based on Christmas or any other holiday F.E> every sitcom

#6 One of the main characters wins a ton of money and then does something foolish to lose it F.E. Steve Urkel makes the $500,000 basket but then gets excited and makes the scoreboard fall somehow

#7 There's almost an entire episode edicated to a dream sequence F.E. Jay Jay dremas that he was white

Oops ran out well someone can continue if they wish.

Yar
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I thought everything on TV was original. :rolleyes2

Lynx
02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
simpsons is considered a sitcom?

Yar
02-05-2007, 10:07 PM
simpsons is considered a sitcom?

Sitcom simply means situation comedy. Animated or not.

Araciel
02-06-2007, 01:04 AM
i don't know. i don't like most sitcoms...i guess simpsons?

escobert
02-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Scrubs > all. It's everything in one sitcom!

Crushed Hope
02-06-2007, 01:17 AM

^5

http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_heart.gif

Tavrobel
02-06-2007, 01:28 AM

chrisfffan
02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
well i like the older ones myself

1. only fools and horses
its funny and sad at the same time
you plonker!

2. Red Dwarf
The characters are really funny and memorable you smeg head!

i don’t know if many Americans have seen them? and i think English humour and American humour is different what do you think?

Ashley Schovitz
02-07-2007, 03:04 AM

1. only fools and horses
you plonker!

2. Red Dwarf

i don’t know if many Americans have seen them? and i think English humour and American humour is different what do you think?
Nope I haven't heard of anything you're talking about.

chrisfffan
02-08-2007, 07:36 PM

1. only fools and horses
you plonker!

2. Red Dwarf

well they are fairly old now, look on the BBC website under DVDs you will find lots of them.

I Don't Need A Name
02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
'Allo 'Allo
great classic:
'You stupid woman!' and 'Good Moaning'

Blackadder
THEEE BEST!
cliche- *smacks baldrick* 'i have a cunning plan'

but you americans wont have heard of them either

chrisfffan
02-08-2007, 07:41 PM
yea Blackadder was wicked i think the first series and the last were defiantly the best though.

The black mage
02-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Look red Dwarf has very few of your cliches. It has to be the best thing on telly.
Blackadder also good (i've herd there doing a new seires)
Scrubs amazing

NeoCracker
02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
No Sitcom will ever be as great as the Drew Carry Show.

blim
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Father Ted, Drop the dead donkey (ok that was years ago but was damn funny), Scrubs though not seen many good new ones recently (maybe i'm just getting old).

Those of you who haven't seen Red Dwarf and Father Ted go now and seek them out, you will not regret it i promise.