PDA

View Full Version : For the widows in paradise, for the fatherless in Yipsilante...

themagicroundabout
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Sufjan Stevens, anyone?

I fucking love him. Just started listening to him recently and he is really quite good! I can't decide on a favourite song, however - they are all so good.

Voice your opinions on Sufjan Stevens here plz.

Necronopticous
02-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, Sufjan is great. I think I almost cried when I first heard his Illinois record.

Burtsplurt
02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I like him a lot. I was kind of unsure after Michigan, but Illinois is pretty much uniformly excellent and his voice has improved (love his falsetto). I think my favourite song is 'The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders'.

Bunny
02-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I have been meaning to check him out but I keep forgetting how to spell his name. I hear he is nifty.

XxSephirothxX
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I only have one song of his, and I just recently listened to it. I have no idea how or when I got it. It's called "That was the worst Christmas ever!" It was pretty good, I suppose. I should check out some of his other music that isn't about Christmas. :p

Jowy
02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, he is good. Illinois makes me tilde and I should probably check out some more of his albums.

Cz
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
You're welcome, Curtis. :D

Sufjan Stevens is one of the best artists of recent times. He's a great lyricist, and while his back catalogue shows a great deal of variety, there are very few weak tracks. Most encouraging is that he seems to improve with each successive album, so we can only assume that the best is yet to come. And if he keeps getting better, just imagine how fantastic the fiftieth state album will be. ;)

charliepanayi
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I enjoyed Michigan and Illinois a lot (though both could have done with a little trimming of the instrumental interruptions to make the great songs like Chicago, Holland and The Predatory Wasps of the Palisades... stand out more), but find Seven Swans to be his best. It's a simply gorgeous album from start to finish. His boxset of Christmas songs was a good purchase too.

I Took the Red Pill
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Sufjan Stevens is one of my favorite artists, yes. Michigan was my favorite of his albums, and Flint (for the Unemployed and Underpaid) is undoubtedly my favorite of his songs.

El Bandito
02-05-2007, 11:10 PM
I've heard that his live shows are amazing and I hope he comes into town sometime.

Though I don't agree with the wings. C'mon...wings?

krissy
02-06-2007, 03:39 AM
only he can make corn sound so good

'worst christmas ever' doesn't even compare to illinois