PDA

View Full Version : And now a womanly topic (Shaving)

Agrias
02-05-2007, 01:50 AM
I heard that nair actually tends to burn the skin along with the hairs. I havent used it, but one of my friends did, and she said if you have sensitive skin, its better to not use it. Waxing tends to look appealing to me, its just a little bit expensive. Shaving however, if done properly and using the appropriate tools, can be very rewarding and you dont have to wait a month for your hair to grow back long enough to get them removed again. What are your thoughts?

DK
02-05-2007, 01:59 AM
I love getting my bikini line waxed, I always feel so pretty afterwards. :freak:

Christmas
02-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I love getting my bikini line waxed, I always feel so pretty afterwards. :freak:

:kaoclove:

Meat Puppet
02-05-2007, 02:05 AM
I’ve been considering waxing, but I don’t know enough about it to pursue it yet.
Shaving isn’t so bad, I am just too impatient for it.

Agrias
02-05-2007, 02:08 AM
its mandatory for my bikini line to be clean. Too much clutter otherwise. I'm not sure about waxing. Is it true that after a few times you become immune to the pain? And is it too far when you start shaving your arms and your stomach? Some people do, and i dont know if thats exactly the best thing to do.

DK
02-05-2007, 02:15 AM
I wax everything! I even use wax to take out my unsightly nostril hairs. And oh, you might BELIEVE that after a few times you get immune to the pain, but believe you me, every time they rip a strip off your nipple/arse crack, it BURNS LIKE GANDHI'S LAST SUPPER

Disco Potato
02-05-2007, 02:16 AM
I heard that nair actually tends to burn the skin along with the hairs. I havent used it, but one of my friends did, and she said if you have sensitive skin, its better to not use it.

That's true for me. A few years ago I used Nair on my arms...long story short, it took some strong medicine to clear up my skin again >_<

Mikztsu
02-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Life's a lot better without pubic hair. I shave ( or wax) it regularly down there, feels a lot better. Everyone should do this regardless the gender.

Is it true that after a few times you become immune to the pain?

I don't know if it's individual, but at least for me it didn't hurt much more I did it. Immunity? I doubt it, but it should ease up as your skin gets used to it. Besides it just tingles a bit anyway and you should try to learn enjoy the tingliness. IT'S GOOD TINGLE, THE KIND YOU ENJOY! Oh, the wonders of waxing.

I know this topic was for females, but since my son ( DK!) brought up the bikini line stuff...

Shlup
02-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Nair works differently for different people. In my case, for example, it doesn't work at all.

I hate shaving. :p

rubah
02-05-2007, 02:22 AM
I disagree with having all hair removed from the pubic regions, but that's just me.

I've used this veet stuff and as far as legs go, the most irritating thing is that it doesn't work well on coarse hair and it smells disgusting. It burns if you use some on such as your face, but it mostly depends on how long you leave it on I guess.

Agrias
02-05-2007, 02:57 AM
i always feel super shiny when i come out of the shower all cleanly shaved and such. Maybe i'll try veet. just to test it out.

Shlup
02-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Veet doesn't work for me at all either. Not even kinda. Might as well be rubbing toothpaste all over my legs.

NeoCracker
02-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Women removing hair is a very important subject to me. There are women all over the world who desire to be smooth. I fight strongly for the right of women choosing to accomplish this goal through shaving, nair, wax, or any other healthy means they may acquire. A vote for me is a vote for a womens right to Shave.

Vote Corncracker.

Agrias
02-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Women removing hair is a very important subject to me. There are women all over the world who desire to be smooth. I fight strongly for the right of women choosing to accomplish this goal through shaving, nair, wax, or any other healthy means they may acquire. A vote for me is a vote for a womens right to Shave.

Vote Corncracker.
I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE
*vote*

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2007, 04:43 AM

Vote Corncracker.
I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE
*vote*

=D *votes too*

As for me, I use the Venus Divine razor. I prefer to use the shave gel from the same brand name but mom usually buys Skintimate, which is okay too, but this time, she bought shave cream. For some reason, shave cream and I don't get along =[

As for where I shave, I shave my legs, armpits, and pubic area. I'd rather get a waxing to be honest though, cutting myself with the razor (on accident of course) hurts really bad...I still have a nice long scar on the back of my left thigh from a blade that I thought was dull, so I didn't pay any heed to it running across my leg when I moved...I didn't notice the burning sensation or the blood until I rinsed =/

Agrias
02-05-2007, 04:49 AM
omg, i hate that sensation. ew. yea i know how thats like. what about this Venus Vibrance shaver? is it actually good?

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2007, 04:53 AM
Haven't tried the vibrance one yet...I was thinking about it though. If I do, I'll let you know =]

Agrias
02-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Haven't tried the vibrance one yet...I was thinking about it though. If I do, I'll let you know =]

please do, i'm quite entranced by it.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Shaving my legs takes me longer than achieving goddamned flight took Humanity.

And I've not bothered with waxing or any kind of bizarre voodoo acid to remove it. Mostly I just deal with hairy legs :jess:

Bunny
02-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I disagree with having all hair removed from the pubic regions, but that's just me.

I've used this veet stuff and as far as legs go, the most irritating thing is that it doesn't work well on coarse hair and it smells disgusting. It burns if you use some on such as your face, but it mostly depends on how long you leave it on I guess.

Landing strips on a lady are pretty sexy. Gotta know where to park the 757, after all.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Shave up, not down you idiot!

Peegee
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I just shave. Waxing is a little insane, imo.

wait, I'm not a gurl

><

Jojee
02-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Funny how most of this thread is guys but few girls posted in the other thread! Disrespect, yo! xD Or wannabes :o

And what's with all the fancy shaving stuff nowadays ;_; I just use a razor and soap.

Polaris
02-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Wax hurts so bad and I'm allergic heheheheh I use cream... :eep: It's the only thing I'm not allergic... and it's worst in summer than in winter! :rolleyes2

Chloe.
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I love my legs and armpits to be nice and shiny and non-hairy. :bigsmile:

I'd like to try waxing some day, but at the moment:

I just use a razor and soap.

Jess
02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I just use a razor. I need to feel smooooooooooth, so I'm too impatient to wait weeks before the hair gets to a certain length again before I can use wax/cream. :jess:

escobert
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Some of my buddies decided they were going to nair their chests. It ended up making them break out horribly all over thei chests and I lol'd.

mooglebunni608
02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I can never shave right, I'll think I've shaved my legs perfectly because they feel so smooth in the shower, then I come out and dry off, and they're all spikey :/
Makes me sad T_T

A friend suggested Nair, but I'm a little iffy because it's supposed to hurt.

Shihouin|Yoruichi
02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Zomg Lades, if your looking for a bad ass razor you should try Gillette fusion.. I know its a mans disposable razor but damn it really works. I like Venus too, but the fusion takes my vote.. it glides across my legs like buttah! The only thing bad about using disposable razors is you've got to shave every other day.. and the cream.. god lord it seems like every hour! The cream made my hair grow back super fast!

Avoid shaving the arms, but if you have.. don't stop now! Once you shave it.. it will grow back ten-fold. I have no idea how you could get hair on your belly but if you have it, shave it.

The only thing I wax is my eyebrows and bikini area and to this day it still hurts. I don't shave my hum-min-na-ha because.. razer burn is a mother. The price us lades pay to be oh-so-silky-smooth for you gents.

I vote too *nods*

Rye
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm one of those types of people who even though they can tolerate/like body hair on other people, cannot stand any body hair on themself. I shave all over.

I tried Nair once, but I really really burned my skin with it and the burn lasted for a long time and it's only actually gotten all better now, after a few months, so yeah. At least it was only under my arms and not any sensitive area. So yeah, I just shave.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
owwweeeees, whenever i shave my legs i always find someway of cutting myself, and it doesnt stop bleeding!!!!!it hurts, but tastes pretty good!!

Dreddz
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Wimps. Use a lighter.

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Wimps. Use a lighter.

My friends actually do that. They burn off their manly manly hairy legs. Not their legs....just the hair.

Agrias
02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Wimps. Use a lighter.

My friends actually do that. They burn off their manly manly hairy legs. Not their legs....just the hair.

does it actually work...?? :O

people say that my eyebrows are fine, just need a lil plucking or waxing to soften up the edges a bit....i dont care about my eyebrows.....at least i have some..They're not that bad anyways so why bother spending an extra ten dollars on waxing them when i could use that money on something meaningful...like food...lol

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, hair catches fire easily. Though I don't recommend that method. Just stick to a less painful method....like picking out each single hair with your teeth.

Agrias
02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Lol, i'll get right on that. HAHA! You get a nice lil dinner while your at it...and wtf...YEAAA...why is it that there are more GUYS posting?lmao!

rubah
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Zomg Lades, if your looking for a bad ass razor you should try Gillette fusion.. I know its a mans disposable razor but damn it really works. I like Venus too, but the fusion takes my vote.. it glides across my legs like buttah! The only thing bad about using disposable razors is you've got to shave every other day.. and the cream.. god lord it seems like every hour! The cream made my hair grow back super fast!

Avoid shaving the arms, but if you have.. don't stop now! Once you shave it.. it will grow back ten-fold. I have no idea how you could get hair on your belly but if you have it, shave it.

The only thing I wax is my eyebrows and bikini area and to this day it still hurts. I don't shave my hum-min-na-ha because.. razer burn is a mother. The price us lades pay to be oh-so-silky-smooth for you gents.

I vote too *nods*

Yeah no. I used to shave my arms and then quit. While it does seem darker and used to be a major burden to me, it's definitely not tenfold. Actually just the idea of 'never stop!' is what irritates me about your post. We should not be slaves to our bodies for the sakes of others. That's why I stopped shaving my pubic area in the first place, because it would freaking hurt when the hairs started ingrowing. All it gets now is trimmed.

fire_of_avalon
02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I like how the man's thread went for years til I puffed up and posted in it, but in the woman's thread a man has the second post.

Humph!

Yamaneko
02-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Get in line, woman!

Freya
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I shave with razor and water. Seeing as I never wear shorts, dresses, or skirts i don't worry too much of how it looks just as long as it's kinda smooth.

fire_of_avalon
02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
I'll get you. >:</span>|

Mirage
02-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I have sometimes. It feels nice.

You prefer trimming? :p

Ouch!
02-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm considering my options. I'd probably kill myself trying to use a real razor (I don't imagine my electric shaver will work anywhere else on my body). Primary concern is just below my hips. Back side. Yeah, totally got to go.

Agrias
02-07-2007, 01:39 AM
lol~! well, i guess the only way to somewhat safely get rid of those unsightly hairs under the middle region is to just trim them..........I GUESSS!

rubah
02-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I have sometimes. It feels nice.

You prefer trimming? :p

to ingrown hair? any day.

fire_of_avalon
02-07-2007, 05:22 AM
The lady, she know.

Riana
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Is it true that after a few times you become immune to the pain?

That's true depending on the individual. The more you do so the finer the hair grows too. In a few years you won't even need to wax. My Mum is a qualified beautician, she taught me everything. So I'm pretty lucky to use her waxing equipment.

Myself, I mainly wax. :D

I'm saving up for laser treatment though, that's even better. As that permanently gets rid of the hair.

Rostum
02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Every now and then I trim my legs, pubic area and armpits with clippers (the different size heads make it easy). Because I'm a guy, I prefer to keep hair in places, but would rather it be trimmed down.

Been doing it for a few years now, and apart from my face, it doesn't seem to be getting any thicker at all.