PDA

View Full Version : Need Help defeating Boss Bomb

ShadowRaider
02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
:confused: can anyone tell me how to defeat the bomb boss that appears by the forest before you leave for PHON coast. soon as I get its health down to 50% calls for help and it instantly gets full health again, hit it with a 10 combo mist attack (13890),still manages to get full health.
Tried casting silence ,blind, and a few other status ailments no can do. Even used the blood sword keeps missing sap effect.:mog:

Thoughtless
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I killed the Bomb King just before I went to Phon Coast. It isn't really worth it unless you want to challenge yourself, you end up getting about 3000 gil from the clan, that's all.

The party I used was Vaan (sword and flame shield), Bacsh (hammer and flame shield) and Penelo (mace and flame shield). I tried to do it without flame shield and I failed about 3 times, you can buy them from Mt Bur-Omisace.

Just before the fight I Protected and hasted everyone, I would've shelled too but I hadn't learnt it yet. Touch the save crystal to regen again and head in. It takes a bit of luck because renew seems to be used fairly randomly, my winning fight he renewed 2 times. Basically all you have to do is take down the helpers as soon as they come and as quickly as possible, use handkerchiefs as soon as you get afflicted by oil. Use Ethers/Charge to keep your mana up on your healer. Another good thing to use it Belias, he absorbs nearly all the attacks, you will just need to keep yourself healed, you just have to watch out for Hellfire though because I believe the Bomb King will absorb it.

I actually hadn't learnt how to use Quickenings properly by then :P but now seeing I have, you should use one when he's probably about 25% to take him down.

Dreddz
02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Best thing to do is knock him down just until he is about the regain his health and whip out a quickening chain. Depending on how strong you are, this should work. If not, its still easy enough to just keep going at him until he stops regaining health.

ShadowRaider
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks Will Try to send this flaming pain back to hell,(need to regain the respect of my other characters) very humiliating to get beaten by a bomb at level 35.

ValiantKnight
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
This is not part of the storyline at the moment, and can be completed later if so wish.

That being said, as posted above one good method is to use a quickening chain near 50% health... get it off before he casts renew because renew goes before quickening chains, like most other annoying spells in this game....

It is not sold in stores yet that I am aware of, but there is also another method that is helpful. Disease will offset his Renew because he will never get below 50% life.. Disease makes the maximum HP you can heal to = to your current HP. However there is only one way I know of Disease being available to you at this point... and that is through a certain accessory and remedies with the appropriate lore.

Thirdly.. he is said to eventually run out of Renews... though some will claim its 5 renews, others 7, others 30+.

McLovin'
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Try again later. He isn't very difficult when you are at a higher level.

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 04:42 AM
Sap and Bio work

marysonnie
02-06-2007, 05:59 AM
This fight was a nightmare. Umm...Gillie boots sound good, as my characters would always die because they were afflicted with Oil.

James16
02-06-2007, 06:06 PM
jus level up alil an jus keep at it,get its health down like half way an blast it with quikenings

hplvr
02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
i tried it the first time i went to the Salikawood, and it was dang hard, so i continued with the storyline, and then i get its flamy a$$ when i returned
but beyond is the Nabreus Deadlands and Nechrohol of Nabudis... so be careful!

kurosaki_ichigo
02-20-2007, 07:46 PM
First time i met the bomb king ...(which was today) my vaan was at lvl 48 basch and balthier 40,44 and the girls were all lvl 30 i came in did a 19 hit quickening chain took it down so badly it didnt even have any health on his hp bar left but mustve had at least one and i was about to bring out my good party until he used renew bought himself back to life. Then i just got pissed and turned off the game.

Savannah
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
You won't be able to beat him when you first encounter him unless you've been levelling up a lot. Just come back and get him later at around level 40-45-- that's what I did and I wiped the floor with him.

McLovin'
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I would be a good level of around 50 - 45.

He is REALLY annoying with his renew. He did it to me EVERY TURN. The bastard never stopped until one time where he was just about to cast it but I let out a massive onslaught of my blade and WHAM he was dead.

The best way to beat him is to at least be able to kill the bombs in one hit or two. That way have one person attacking the Bomb and one attacking the mini bombs. That way all it will do is call its bombs while you take 9000 damage on it per attack. You're gonna do this for awhile probably until it stops summoning them then you can kill it without it casting renew.

Renmiri
02-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Funny, I killed him so easily... I think I had all my guys doing "Drain" and that was it.

Spawn of Sephiroth
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I had a little problem with him at first. Just do like I did, wait until you are around level 35, yes that means leave him alone for a little while, because you don't need to go to the places that he is blocking yet, so go level to around 35, and try to get your 3 main charactors level 3 quickenings, and release all hell on them with your quickenings. I hit him with a 19 hits from my quickening and quickly switched one charactor, and did another 11 hit quickening on him and he went POOF be gone.