PDA

View Full Version : Strange injuries in the night

Xander
02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Do you ever wake up in the morning and you're like, cut somewhere but you don't know how it happened??

I occasionally wake up and my lip is bleeding and kinda around my teeth like I've bitten it in the night but I don't know how.. ever got that? I guess I could have bitten it but to make it bleed?

This morning I woke up and one of my toes was really hurting, so I looked and I had quite a visible cut on it. >_> This one is even more strange!

I think maybe monsters come in the night. :(

Bunny
02-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I read this topic as "Strangers in the Night" and started singing Sinatra at work. Thanks Xander!

I've woken up a few times with massive headaches because I have slammed my head into the wall or the dress that is right next to the head of my bed. Other than that, I don't remember waking up with any serious wounds.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
02-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I get scratches up my arms sometimes... No idea how... but I know one thing!! Never leave a box of sewing needles in your bed when you go to sleep.... It's not a nice experience....

Giga Guess
02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I get scratches up my arms sometimes... No idea how... but I know one thing!! Never leave a box of sewing needles in your bed when you go to sleep.... It's not a nice experience....

*Wince* Ouch...there's no way that that COULD be any fun.

As for me, yes I've woken up with a few mysterious injuries. That said, I have 2 cats which make those injuries slightly less mysterious.

Christmas
02-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Do you ever wake up in the morning and you're like, cut somewhere but you don't know how it happened??

I occasionally wake up and my lip is bleeding and kinda around my teeth like I've bitten it in the night but I don't know how.. ever got that? I guess I could have bitten it but to make it bleed?

This morning I woke up and one of my toes was really hurting, so I looked and I had quite a visible cut on it. >_> This one is even more strange!

I think maybe monsters come in the night. :(

NANNY MANUS paid you an visit. :(

Iceglow
02-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I get random muscle pains on waking up a lot of the time like today my right arm REALLY hurts for no apparrent reason I wasn't lying on it like I normally do last night and yet it hurts a lot in fact I'm considering digging out some ibuprofen or neurofens to help with it. Strangely it hurts more to relax my arm than to put it in all kinds of strange positions (half of which would make it impossible to sleep on in the first place) I also bite my lips till they bleed at night frequently and have woken up with a broken finger before where I have managed to punch out at my wall so hard it did the damage (or so I assume having woken up)

Owen Macwere
02-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Well, I awoke once and found that my little finger has a big gash on it, and my shirt was covered in blood, I was fussed about the blanket more than about my finger. I think that something in the bed caused that seeing that I see alot of nightmares, probably I was trying to kill some monster or something, who knows!. :p

oddler
02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
One morning way back in middle school, I got up so fast that I planted my forehead into one of the slats on my brother's bed. Bunkbeds are dangerous.

starseeker
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I often wake up with raw patches on my leg where I've been scratching my leg in my sleep. They're really sore and regular. I might as well tie my hand together at night.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
you dont want to know what happens when i sleep, even i dont know, it scares me...

Anaisa
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
you dont want to know what happens when i sleep, even i dont know, it scares me...Do the sheep know?

BarelySeeAtAll
02-05-2007, 06:10 PM
you dont want to know what happens when i sleep, even i dont know, it scares me...Do the sheep know?

they tell me everything, so, either its them biting me through the night, or....
:eek:

Mirage
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I sometimes got them before, I just blamed the cats and went on like nothing had happened.

Old Manus
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Once I woke up because of the sound of my dripping blood. There was blood all over the bed, all over the floor, all over my face.

Nosebleed :( The stains are still there

Bunny
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Once I woke up because of the sound of my dripping blood. There was blood all over the bed, all over the floor, all over my face.

CHANGE YOUR SHEETS

Drift
02-05-2007, 07:26 PM
dry lips after sleeping = dehydrated? i get that sometimes, i turn down the central heating when i do that, and/or put vaseline on my lips before sleeping and drink water :]

Sergeant Hartman
02-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Don't let those bedbugs bite!

Owen Macwere
02-05-2007, 07:52 PM

Christmas's doing that is!. :nonono:

Old Manus
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM

CHANGE YOUR SHEETSI MEANT THE CARPET :mad4:

Elite Lord Sigma
02-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Sometimes, I get cuts and scrapes, and I don't know how I did.

Iceglow
02-05-2007, 09:14 PM

That could possibly explain my broken finger, in my sleep I must have dream punched you in the nose!!! lol though I profess I only did so at Christmas's orders.

Pete for President
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Sometimes I wake up with a bleeding elbow, apparently I seem to bump into my wall by accident.

Evastio
02-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Does getting a sore throat overnight count?

Agrias
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
i know i toss a bit when i sleep and ive had some headaches some LARGE gashes, some LARGE bruises, and then some minor stuff. i tend to talk in my sleep as well but sometimes i scream my voice raw.

Polaris
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Sometimes I have some scracthes :shifty: U have no idea what I do under the sheets :exdee:

Yuffie The Failure
02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I usually wake up with bruises and cuts on my legs ;[

No.78
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I bang my head on the wall by accident, and the roof (in the attic, roof sloped), my head is generally bumped alot.

Psychotic
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
My butt sometimes really, really hurts and I'm not entirely sure why. Father says it's the night goblins. :confused:

Dr Aum
02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I do not sleep.

Rocket Edge
02-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I somehow semi-sprained my left arm a few weeks ago in bed. Still hurts.

Araciel
02-06-2007, 12:16 AM

no.

if i were you, i'd setup a camera to record what happens while you sleep, and catch that creep dracula in the act.

o shiite..he doesn't show up on film

Momiji
02-06-2007, 02:58 AM
This morning I had the weirdest dream, and throughout the whole dream I felt like the blood was cut off from my head and I couldn't wake up. (For those of you who don't know how that feels, pinch the two arteries (or are they veins? I can't remember) hard on the sides of your neck for about 20-30 seconds, or lay upside down on a chair for a few minutes...)

Fonzie
02-06-2007, 03:44 AM
People say i have sleepings spells(exorcist O_o) in which i yell random things and twist my head in a 360, buts that's just their opinion's.

kikimm
02-06-2007, 03:56 AM
I sometimes got them before, I just blamed the cats and went on like nothing had happened.

Pretty much. Today I woke up with a big cut on my hand. There are nicer ways to wake me up. >=(

escobert
02-06-2007, 04:16 AM
I get nosebleeds sometimes.

Ki Ki
02-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Sometimes my neck really hurts or I bite my tongue. That's all!
I used to roll off my bed but I don't do that anymore! xD

Yuffie514
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
yeah. once i found a bruise on one of my upper legs while going in to take a bath/shower. problem is, i do not remember bumping into something to cause it...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2007, 09:18 AM
If I'm careless enough to sleep in a certain way then I'll get a stiff neck that will last until evening

Miriel
02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I always wake up with random scratches. Sometimes in the most bizarre places, and sometimes they're pretty deep and painful. It's weird. One time I woke up with a scratch all along my cheek to my neck. What's up with that?

Rye
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, I do wake up with random injuries, especially random scratches. :[

Peegee
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Xandoo!

Read this!

http://piepants.livejournal.com/135320.html

yumi
02-06-2007, 12:21 PM
When I am at home yes, but only because my bed is unstable and I always fall out of it and get back it bed without realising.

:kaoyatta:

Devourment
02-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I often wake up with raw patches on my leg where I've been scratching my leg in my sleep. They're really sore and regular. I might as well tie my hand together at night.They you most likely have a skin condition. Be it eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis. Or perhaps you're allergic to a material that is being used on your bed. You should got to a Dr. or a Dermatoligist & find out the matter of the problem.

The worst "injury" I've woken up with before is cramp in my leg because I was laying on it awkwardly the night previous. Other than that sometime I have a sore head or a headache, which can be linked back to night of drinking. Haha.

Jess
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I woke up with a big blue bruise on my right leg on Sunday morning. I have no idea what happened. I have named him Bruce, because he is still there, as big and as painful as ever! :jess:

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes. But it was after I got horrendously drunk.

Other than that, there was this one thing. I knew how it happened though, I just didn't realise till morning. I had gone to turn my bedside lamp on because I had to shake hands with the man, and when I turned it off afterwards I smashed my left eyebrow into the corner. I didn't know I'd cut it though, and I woke up with a nasty ol' cut. 'Twas very funny.

Xander
02-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Xandoo!

Read this!

http://piepants.livejournal.com/135320.html

Well you were probably drinking :O that doesnt count!