PDA

View Full Version : Akashic Records

Knox
02-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I'll be brief. I'm only asking here because there's so many people at EOFF now that there's a better chance I could get an answer. Though the age group might be a problem.

Has anybody here ever accessed the Akashic Records? If so, I want to know more about it.

oddler
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
No and, furthermore, I have no idea what they are.

escobert
02-05-2007, 05:21 PM
The Akashic records (Akasha is a Sanskrit word meaning "sky", "space" or "aether") are collectively understood to be a collection of mystical knowledge,not just mystical knowledge but every thing that has ever happened in every aspect of existence, that is encoded in the aether; i.e. on a non-physical plane of existence. The concept is prevalent in New Age discourse. The Akashic Records are understood to have existed since the beginning of The Creation and even before. Just as we have various specialty libraries (e.g., medical, law), there are said to exist various Akashic Records (e.g., human, animal, plant, mineral, etc) encoding Universal lore. Most writings refer to the Akashic Records in the area of human experience but it is understood that all phenomenal experience as well as transcendental knowledge is encoded therein.

No, I haven't.

Bunny
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
TrowaBartonIV quotin' mad Wikipedia articles.

I highly doubt anyone on this forum has had access to them. I would be very surprised if I were wrong in that statement.

Knox
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Seconded. But it's worth a shot.

Madonna
02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
This sounds like a topic for the Xenogears forum!

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Rumor says that past, present and future of all universes is there. This is supposedly how some people can get visions of the future, in dreams, in trance or in flashes in front of their eyes: They get a glimpse of a page or two of the records.

Psychic talent is required to read from it, and it is usually very hard to control what you read, when you read it and how much you read of what is in there.

If such a thing exists, no one who access those records at will, for how long they want would be here posting on a forum, I guarantee you. They'd be playing next week's lotto!!!

Not really! New Age lore also says that only Buddha, JC and other very wise mystics can even read more than one or two pages of the stuff in there. Others who try will go mad. But if you are mad already then go for it! ;)

Try Tarot, I Ching and other divination methods. Supposedly they work by putting the divinator in contact with a page or two of the Akashic records. But watch it, if you don't do it seriously you will get just gobledy-gook from the cards and coins....

Momiji
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Hahaha, I thought this was about a record company.

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Hmm... interesting.

I will look into this.

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm intrigued... Why do you want to know?

Knox
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Renmiri - I was thinking AP to get to them. Everything else (tarot, etcetera) is only sketchy.

I don't think it works for stuff like lotto numbers. Waaay too specific in a too-sketchy future, and I doubt anyone has that kind of control.

I want to know because I am trying to develop a memory system to take the place of mnemonics. Boring goal, but that's the idea, anyway.