PDA

View Full Version : Whats there to hate about cloud and squall?

Hazzard
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Ive never understood why people always think that these two characters are emo's, when squall is anti-social, and cloud is confused about his past. so can someone please explain to me, whats so emo about that?

Frostwake
02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Its because everyone that isnt happy and problem free nowadays is considered "emo"... No really, I can identify myself with Squall a lot of times actually.. Hes cold, SO WHAT? SO ARE NORMAL PEOPLE, does that make him emo? Nope, it makes him just another guy who doesnt care so much about others (until Rinoa comes along)

As for the Cloud and Sephiroth thing.. I honestly think its sort of a "evanescence" effect.. this consists of something being hated because its popular.. and people outright say it sucks because others said so too

I have to go with the "if you cant understand them, go away and dont play the game"

BarelySeeAtAll
02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
nothings wrong with a bit of emoism, they cany help it

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
there is something wrong with a bit of emoism! but cloud and squall aren't emos, especially cloud.

"oh, squall's wearing black n he doens't talk to anyone so he must be an emo" . . . tard!

leader of mortals
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I never thought of any ff character as emo(except Quina :P)

chrisfffan
02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
i don’t have a problem with either of them at least they weren’t like Tidus.

Kenshin IV
02-07-2007, 06:22 AM
I must have missed it when Cloud and Squall became the same character. I thought them being absolutely nothing alike made them nothing alike, BUT FANBOYS AND GIRLS TELL ME NO SO I GUESS I'S WRONG HERE EL OH EL!!

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-08-2007, 03:02 AM
To me, Cloud and Squall couldn't have been made any better. They are 'perfect' as they are and are not 'emo' Cloud's emotions, problems, and storys are to me 100% wanted by me...(In other words, I would become Cloud if I could). As for Squall, I actually havn't played the Final Fantasy he's in....If anyone tells me I will try to get it and play it and deside then...but from what I can tell in Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2, he's awsome....but not better than Cloud...not by a long shot!!!!

Psychotic
02-08-2007, 03:09 AM
As this thread is about characters from more than one Final Fantasy, it belongs in General FF. And with that out of the way, carry on.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2007, 03:17 AM
the characters are perfectly made for the game they are in. Squall is one of the most realistic displays of an actual person. For this statement I will once again be called a Squall fanboy.

THE JACKEL

The Crystal
02-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Ive never understood why people always think that these two characters are emo's, when squall is anti-social, and cloud is confused about his past. so can someone please explain to me, whats so emo about that?

Yes, i never understood that too(about Squall at least). But Cloud, he is totally emo. In AC he is not confused about his past anymore, but he still found another excuse to be sad. Was obvious that Zack and Aerith's deads weren't his fault, but he still convinced himself of the contrary, just to be sad. Finding excuses to be sad all the time, is being emo.

Setzer Gabianni
02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
What's there to hate? They're pretty boring characters, and I for one cannot stand them.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
ok, i am sorry, i was stereotyping and i didnt put that i was, but if people call me an emo, they will def. call them emos!!!
ok, they arent emo, for all of those i seemed to have angered
nothings wrong with them, i feel sorry for them cos most of my friends like either one of them, or both! *shudder* run boys run!!!

Aerisfanatic
02-28-2007, 03:18 AM
i dont know i played ff7-ff12 and there isnt one character i didnt like or couldnt stand i think people didnt like them cause they shut people out but in both games eventuallythey both came around so their might be a deeper meaning, or maby people would have preferd to have different protagonist to constantly play as

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2007, 06:55 AM
I don't mind either too much (I wish both their pasts could have been better written and more cohesive but alas...) I don't think either are really emo except in the KH more Cloud than Squall though. To me, emo is being depressed, gloomy, and suicidal all for the sake of getting attention. The person doesn't have any real problems but they convince themselves (and others) they do. I mean, Cloud and Sephiroth's relationship with each other in KH doesn't really make any sense with the context of the story.

Araciel
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
the characters are perfectly made for the game they are in. Squall is one of the most realistic displays of an actual person. For this statement I will once again be called a Squall fanboy.

THE JACKAL

you damned squall fanboy

squall and cloud don't just curl up in their rooms and write in their journals about how everyone hates them and how much the world sucks even though they have no idea what actually goes on in it...so in that respect, no i don't think they're emos.

Bunny
02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't hate Cloud because he is emo. I hate Cloud because he has stupid hair.

Martyr
03-01-2007, 03:45 AM
The rebellions shift so much.

Once emo was rebellious./ Now it's rebellious to not be emo.
Once conservative was rebellious.
Now liberal is rebellious.

I swear, one day children will eat their vegetables and deny dessert just because it's the "in" thing to do.

Nobody knows what they hate or like. They just know what makes them look normal and "cool." It's cool to hate Cloud.

I hate Cloud. And Squall too. Emo is so smurfing uncool.

Bolivar
03-01-2007, 03:47 AM
I honestly think its sort of a "evanescence" effect.. this consists of something being hated because its popular.. and people outright say it sucks because others said so too

i think the threadstarter has an answer with this one

Remedy
03-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Cloud Cloud Cloud !
can't stand the name - they even made a movie for Cloud <.<
Y not Zidane or Tidus ?

Aerisfanatic
03-02-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't hate Cloud because he is emo. I hate Cloud because he has stupid hair.
wow turns out people dont like cloud because hes emo aparently some people hat him because of his is hair

Bunny
03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I am the only person I have ever heard of that has disliked Cloud because of his hair. And I do not suffer from being more than one person, soo...

But hey, I'm sure there are more out there. Maybe I should start a club.

Aerisfanatic
03-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Cloud Cloud Cloud !
can't stand the name - they even made a movie for Cloud <.<
Y not Zidane or Tidus ? becuase zidane wasnt as liked as cloud and tidus already had his moment

Ashley Schovitz
03-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I never thought of any ff character as emo(except Quina :P)

Quina:confused:

MikeL Valentine
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM
They are both ok
I see many similarities to myself with both of them :cool:
Defenetely not "emo" or whatever..