PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Auron was the best character in the series?

Hazzard
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I definitely think Auron is up there for one of the best ff characters. He made the game what it is, in my opinion. soon as he came into my party, the game got good for me, and its funny how everyone in the game gives him so much respect. R.I.P AURON!!!!

jammi567
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
He is bloody cool. imean, have you ever seen a wepon like his ultimate. not even sephiiroth could beat that.

Markus. D
02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Lulu has evil dolls.

and is like the most ub3r black mage in Final Fantasies based on eva stats.

Little Blue
02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Zidane and Vivi from IX are better, but Auron is a fairly decent character from the games of the series I have played.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
i wasn't a big fan of Auron. while he is exceedingly strong his speed lets him down and tidus' and wakka's strength don't lag behind that much.

as a character? yeh he was cool, but i think he was too far into the whole strong tough man stereotype

Shlnsengumi
02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Lets just put it this way: Auron would be the only guy I would go gay with, if I was gay (which i'm not).:choc2:

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Auron Has And Will Remain To B My Favourite, His Role In ff10, His Weapons Are The Cherry On Top
And Lets Just Say One Swing Of His Murasame Will Leave Cloud Sweeping Up His Buster Swords Pieces And The Sonic Boom Will Hit Squall And Turn His Gunblade Into Pyroflies......

Skyblade
02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Auron is awesome. After such a large number of games focused around teenage heroes (they are good games with good characters, don't misunderstand me), it's nice to see that Square remembers that adults are just as awesome, if not more so. Auron is infinitely cooler than that whiny teenage brat.

robfinalfantasy
02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
He looked pretty cool, but I liked Kimahri more.

Lynx
02-05-2007, 09:53 PM
auron was my favorite in FFX but i dont think he's the greatest character in the series.

his personality was cool and calm whenever i had him in battle i felt like my team was invincible.

atlanteay
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
no, he's definitely not the best character in the Series, but maybe in FFX he is the best. No, he IS the best in FFX :tongue:

SeeDRankLou
02-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Auron's character was rather static. He went through one minor character revelation that changed him slightly. Other than that, he is the same character throughout the whole game, only getting character development in hindsight and backstory, and even that is only slight compared to the scope of the game and what other characters go through.

That being said, Auron's character was rather awesome. His is the type of character that doesn't need character development, he's already developed, and Square did an excellent job portraying that aspect. The type of character that he is is lost for the most part on our generation. Doing something on this scope for the pure sake of brotherhood and a man's dieing wish is a concept that isn't very heard of in this day and age. His unwavering, and thus static, character is actually the definitive point that makes character so great, and if he didn't have that aspect his character wouldn't make sense. As easy as it sounds storywise, it is actually quite difficult to pull off a static character and keep him interesting through the whole story, but Square did it rather well.

I have a soft spot for Lulu, and if you combine X and X-2, I also have one for Yuna, but in the scope of just FFX, Auron is definately one of the two best characters in the game, if not the best. Best in the series, I don't know, he's up against some pretty good contenders. That would be difficult to assess.

Rokk
02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I liked Auron, he wasn't much 'fun' but he did add a sense of narration to the story... Otherwise it would have just seemed like a bunch of young adults and a learning the language Ronso! Lulu was surprisingly similar to Auron, would have made a good couple! :p

He was also one of my strongest and most used characters, I liked him, he was original and cool!

UltimaMasamune
02-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Lets just put it this way: Auron,Jade and Snake would be the only guys I would go gay with, if I was gay (which i'm not).:choc2:

No.78
02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Auron would suck in any battle that wasn't turn based, admit it.

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Aaaaahh you kind of gotta point, but when you think about Auron in Kh2, his moves are still realistically at fair speed, so i wouldn't go as far as saying Auron would ' suck' in turn based battle.

No.78
02-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh yeah... That's true.

._.

Sidderz
02-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Auron was cool but I can't say that he was the best character in the game. The thing was they just tried to make him to secluded and mysterious and I don't really like that.

To be honest. I think Lulu's gotta be the best character from the game.

Crossblades
02-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Yup, Auron is definitely awesome. He's up there with Kain, Shadow, etc. :)

KasaiDraco
02-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Nah, Fighter and Theif are the best characters.

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Lulu is just a bit more awesome, but yes, Auron is very enjoyable.

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Kimahri's better if you send him down Auron's path as his accuracy's much higher.

In other words, not me.

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Auron is tied as my favorite FF character of all time with Kain Highwind.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
He is bloody cool. imean, have you ever seen a wepon like his ultimate. not even sephiiroth could beat that.
You wanna bet?
Oh, and Aaron's good...but not that good...so sortof in short..

Savannah
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Funny that everyone likes Lulu more, even though she was even less developed as a character than Auron. :P

Anyway, yes, Auron is definitely one of the best characters in any FF game I've played. He's noble, dignified, but deeply loyal and dependable. Pretty much the perfect man.

SrgDark
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Hes legend,best there ever was.He got it all.He rulezz.

look_out_below
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
He was the best character in FFX, but he is not the best in the series (he is in my top 5 list though).

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes , I adore Auron :jess:. He's quite a delicious character. Of course, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point that I'm going say I like Tidus better for he is my favorite character in the series, but hopefully somebody still manages to quote this and be totally shocked because it's more fun that way.

Albel
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Auron rules in FFX but is not the best in the seris. But I loved him somuch that him, Tidus and Wakka were the only ones I trained. Which was a wounder cause I couldnt use him for the final battle.

Mirage
02-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I do not.

utelektr
02-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Auron is teh caek. (that means he's awesome)

Cruise Control
02-27-2007, 02:08 AM
ZOMG AURON IS LIEK TEH BEST! HE SI SOOOOO BADASS! RIP T_T