PDA

View Full Version : Obese or Anorexic?

Comet
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, would you rather be obese or anorexic and why?

Rye
02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I thought about lying, but I won't. I would rather be anorexic, because I'd enjoy the attention. If I were obese, I'd feel even more worthless and unwanted then I do now at my current weight.

Jowy
02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
If I were morbidly obese I could work from home on disabilty like Homer Simpson! And my wife could bring me a beer and a lemonade.

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd rather look like how I do now, thanks =/

Bunny
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm anorexic so I guess I'll go with that one.

Rocket Edge
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I'd choose obese. Because i could enjoy the way i got that way, disregarding the fact that i'd look like :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

escobert
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
obese. It's easier to lose weight then to rebuild your body.

Zeldy
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Anorexic, I geuss. Neither ideally :o

NeoCracker
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Obese. Look at how many fat men out there get lots of women compared to unhealthy tooth picks. And if I get fat I can be a white Rapper Like Fat Joe without getting the flack and hate of Vanilla Ice.

Ki Ki
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd choose obese. Because i could enjoy the way i got that way, disregarding the fact that i'd look like :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Yeah! Food is ♥♥♥♥!

Polaris
Neither! :p I'm like ~*~Celes~*~

oddler
I choose you, Anorexia!

I can always find the will to eat again.

Old Manus
02-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Explosm can convey the message much better than I.

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/anorsexya.png

Iceglow
02-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd go for annorexia because gaining weight is easily done, and to gain it as muscle and not fat isn't much harder. If you're obese then losing weight is really hard and even when you lose the weight you have tons of excess skin that needs surgery to remove and that wouldn't hide the scars across your body where they cut the skin away.

Bunny
02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Explosm can convey the message much better than I.

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/anorsexya.png

There seems to be an Explosm for everything. I suggest just responding with clips from each comic.

I Took the Red Pill
02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
If I were morbidly obese I could work from home on disabilty like Homer Simpson!That's actually my favorite episode :grover:

I'd rather be anorexic I guess.

No.78
02-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd rather be comfortably obese than starvingly anorexic. I think there's less physical pain with obesity, and I like food too much!

Yuffie The Failure
02-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Well neither of them are healthy but I guess anorexic would be better for you emotionaly than being obese

No.78
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I think they're both emotionally bad, seeming as they're both mental problems as well as physical...

Chloe.
02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Anorexic, I geuss. Neither ideally :o

kikimm
02-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Anorexic, no contest.

I hope that doesn't sound like I want to be anorexic whoops.

escobert
02-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Yes it does, you evil little skinny girl!

Tavrobel
02-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Anorexia. Because those little problems in your head aren't really in your head.

Araciel
02-06-2007, 01:03 AM
i dunno...i like being able to see my toes, but i also like NOT being able to see my rib bones while standing normally....

i guess i'll go with anorexia, since i could at least walk a couple of feet sometimes

Hambone
02-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Obese. Well, actually, it's a lose-lose situation. That sucks. :( So, I guess I'd rather be anorexic.

Venom
02-06-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm too lazy to lose weight, so I'd choose anorexic.

Vikeve
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
um...... neither thank you very much.:(

Araciel
02-06-2007, 01:10 AM
i don't remember seeing neither as an option, but i'd choose that too if i could.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I'd go for annorexia because gaining weight is easily done, and to gain it as muscle and not fat isn't much harder.

lies

anyways id choose annorexia

Iceglow
02-06-2007, 01:24 AM
no it's not lies, it's really really easy just eat a healthy diet and excercise for about 40 mins every day. That or work in a manual labour based job :P

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-06-2007, 01:28 AM
hmm, ill get back with you on that one in a month xD

kikimm
02-06-2007, 01:52 AM
If you're naturally very thin, that's different.

Miriel
02-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Anorexic, no contest.

There have been many times when I have admired anorexic girls for their determination and will power. I know if there was a bunch of eggrolls and spinach artichoke dip, sitting in front of me, I wouldn't be able to resist it, no matter how fat I thought I was. Mmm.. food.

But yeah. I'd choose anorexia. Much easier to cover up anorexia than it is to hide obesity.

Freya
02-06-2007, 02:02 AM
I'd go for obese. At least then how I got there was eating what I wanted which would have made me happy. When if I was anorexic I was thinking how everyone else was thinking of me and hating myself for looking that way. Eventually I'd be hating myself for being obese but at least it would have been a happy trip to get there.

escobert
02-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Anorexic, no contest.

There have been many times when I have admired anorexic girls for their determination and will power. I know if there was a bunch of eggrolls and spinach artichoke dip, sitting in front of me, I wouldn't be able to resist it, no matter how fat I thought I was. Mmm.. food.

But yeah. I'd choose anorexia. Much easier to cover up anorexia than it is to hide obesity.

Not really. There's a lady at the hospital where I work who lives in teh nursing home. I went to school with her kids. She's around my moms age and has anirexia. She looks like skin and bones. but... not even bones. Her bone mass is breaking down and her face is liek sinking in. She hardly eats and refuses medication most of the time. It's sad and she looks so horrible. Seeing her everyday makes me wonder how anyone could say they'd rather be like that then be over weight.

Ashley Schovitz
02-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Obesity can be much healthier than anorexia remember being obese doesn'
t mean you're extraordinarily overweight just overweight. There's not that much danger of being 15 pounds obese than being anorexic which means you definetly have to be underweight since you're not eating. I'll go with obese oh and gaining muscle can also make you obese as well so you don't have to be fat. At least with obesity I won't be mentally corrrupted and won't be able to see my ribs.

kikimm
02-06-2007, 02:10 AM
t mean you're extraordinarily overweight just overweight.

I thought that that was exactly what obese meant D:

nik0tine
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, seeing as how I am currently drastically underweight (about 5'11, less than 110 lb) I would take anorexia because I know from experience how bearable being underfed is.

I would never, in a million years put up with hundreds of punds hanging from every inch of my body. No. Way.

t mean you're extraordinarily overweight just overweight.Actually, obese does mean that you're extraordinarily overweight.

Momiji
02-06-2007, 02:16 AM
I thought about lying, but I won't. I would rather be anorexic, because I'd enjoy the attention. If I were obese, I'd feel even more worthless and unwanted then I do now at my current weight.

I feel the same way.

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2007, 02:20 AM
t mean you're extraordinarily overweight just overweight. There's not that much danger of being 15 pounds obese than being anorexic which means you definetly have to be underweight since you're not eating. I'll go with obese oh and gaining muscle can also make you obese as well so you don't have to be fat. At least with obesity I won't be mentally corrrupted and won't be able to see my ribs.

No, obese means you're drastically overweight.

Ugly and unhealthy is ugly and unhealthy no matter which way you cut it. It doesn't really matter to me.

Anaisa
02-06-2007, 02:23 AM
Anorexic. If you don't go too thin, your face can still look normal. That's not the case with obese people, an their many chins.

Ashley Schovitz
02-06-2007, 02:24 AM

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/obese
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/obese
http://www.allobesity.info/l3/

Grendal
02-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I've dealt with both. I was obese for a good portion of my childhood, then went through a stage of anorexia nervosa (or "manorexic," as they put it) as a result of the constant ridicule. Within a few short months, I lost 75 lbs. (35 kg.) as a result of severaly limiting my caloric intake and over-excersizing. Several people have tried to reassure me that my body appearance is perfectly fine, but I have either pushed them out of my life entirely, or simply disregarded their advice. This includes a few members of my own family, who I no longer speak to as a result of all the conflict. Still, I feel that I need to push myself further. I have managed to calm down in recent months, but the bad images always linger when I come close to a mirror. To make matters worse, I've been anemic these past few years as a result of my poor diet. There are times when I can't even stand up for fear of passing out, as my blood pressure is just too low from iron deficiency.

I wasn't happy when I was plump. I'm not happy now. I've concluded that either way, you're just doomed to be miserable with yourself. Even if you overcome something, the mental image of it is still a part of you for a long time to come. So, I guess the answer is, "it doesn't matter."

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2007, 02:27 AM

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/obese
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/obese
http://www.allobesity.info/l3/

http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/obesity?utm_term=obese&utm_medium=mw&utm_campaign=article

That was taken as a direct link from your m-w.com link. As you can see, the medical definition of obesity means to be excessively overweight.

rubah
02-06-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm good, kthx.

ashley don't be a dumb. If overweight and obese were the same then such as BMI scales wouldn't put them at different levels. Dictionaries just don't like to offend the people who buy them.

Rinoabella
02-06-2007, 06:20 AM
Umm neither! But if I HAD to choose, I'd go for anorexia. I dunno why but I think it'd be the easier one to cure out of the two. But honestly both are really bad. Both probably cut years off your life if not tended to.

Jojee
02-06-2007, 07:15 AM
I love food way too much D:

But I'd rather be extremely skinny than extremely big. Just the social attitudes toward anorexia is a lot better than those toward obesity. It's like, aw she has anorexia, she needs help ^^ but then like, geez she's huge >.>; hasn't she tried to diet? from what I see at least :3

DarkLadyNyara
02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Obese. It's easier to fix, and it doesn't come with the massive mental issues of anorexia. I'd rather not have a severely distorted mindset in addition to all the physical problems.

Now, if it is a choice between being overweight and underweight...then underweight, mostly because it's what I'm used to.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Anorexic. I believe I have experience! :D

Yuffie514
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
anorexic, because i might be too lazy too work off the fat if i were obese...

Madame Adequate
02-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Obese, easily. It's not nearly so great or imminent a health risk as anorexia is.

Although they aren't opposites, of course. Obesity is a lot easier to "cure" because it's not a mental condition (Although it could be caused by one, I guess) whereas anorexia is. You can work out and stuff with one; with the other you need actual help or you're in real serious trouble.

Aqua Mage
02-06-2007, 10:25 AM
I completely agree with I'm my own MILF. Although I think both health states are terrible and should be avoided.

Peegee
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM

I would love to not eat long enough to lose weight. I would choose to be anorexic if only it were feasible.

I came close once when I managed a 1500 CAL/day diet. Failed eventually ><

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
obese. It's easier to lose weight then to rebuild your body.

Madame Adequate
02-07-2007, 07:36 AM

Wait, I missed this the first time through the thread!

Excuse me while I lol@u. By your logic, you admire depressed people for their determination in being unhappy, or OCD people for being hygenic. There is no determination or willpower in having a mental illness, only in recovering from it.

And how are you planning to cover up severe immune system dysfunction?

Mikztsu
02-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Anorexic, because it's a lot easier to gain weight than lose weight.

I'd eat lots of good, unhealthy stuff and it'd be all good. :D

Bunny
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Wait, I missed this the first time through the thread!

Excuse me while I lol@u. By your logic, you admire depressed people for their determination in being unhappy, or OCD people for being hygenic. There is no determination or willpower in having a mental illness, only in recovering from it.

Fat suit.

MecaKane
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
By being pretty, of course.

I'd rather be obese. It'd be much easier to justify to myself letting eating delicious tasty treats get out of hand than it would be becoming a vane freak obsessed with my body.

Hazzard
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I would be a fat obese guy instead of a skinny anorexic weed, why? Because you would probably get bullied either way, so why not be fat and make it difficult for those dumb bullies to push you over!

Plus you can turn the fat tub of rubbish into muscle, so there can be a good thing out of a bad thing!

Madame Adequate
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Anorexic, because it's a lot easier to gain weight than lose weight.

I'd eat lots of good, unhealthy stuff and it'd be all good. :D

Except... except that the definition of anorexia is that you're pretty much unable to eat. It's like saying you'll get over having your lungs removed by breathing normally.

By being pretty, of course.

:love:

Mirage
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't know. I don't want to weight any more than I do now, which is already a bit above average. Anorexia would be impossible for me to pull off.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-07-2007, 11:14 PM
If I were obese I could eat food all day and it wouldn't make much difference in how I looked. True, my confidence would be very low, but anorexia is often more serious.