PDA

View Full Version : To All Musicians!!!

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Can Somebody Help Me, I Love Da Tune At The Beggining Of Ff10 (To Zanarkand) And Have Seen Vids Of It Preformed So I Researched And Found The Sheet Music But Me Not being A Pianist I Cannot Read The Notes So Can A Talented Pianist Help Me So I Can Baffle My Music Teacher In School And Play It Over And Over Again:D ;) :p :)
I Found The Notes At
http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx/ffx_sheet.php

Thanx In Advance
:choc: :moomba:

silentenigma
02-06-2007, 01:11 AM
I know the first two pages, but teaching them, especially over the internet on a forum to someone with little experience would be near-impossible.

And if you want to learn to play an instrument just to impress people, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

And by the way, nice capitalization of the first letter in every word there. That must've taken forever.

Shlnsengumi
02-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I agree with the above poster. I've been studying Piano for over 7 years next month, and it would be near impossible for you to properly play that piece without knowing the basics, without proper instruction, and trying to explain it over the net. Although the piece may not be as hard to play as the Final Fantasy Prelude (still working on that), I must say, it is a very enjoyable piece to play. :D

Your reason alone for playing that piece will not be good enough a reason for you to take up piano. It goes much deeper than that, and it takes hundreds, and even thousands of clocked in hours at the piano... just pure repitition to reach the level of playing ability.

Whether or not you do choose to enjoy the learn the art of the piano, I wish you good luck. To me, playing piano, video games, and martial arts is a great life to lead.

Hambone
02-06-2007, 01:48 AM
I transfered the notes onto bass clef and now I can play it on cello.

Shlnsengumi
02-06-2007, 02:29 AM
I transfered the notes onto bass clef and now I can play it on cello.

Awesome, Cello is my 2nd fave!

rubah
02-06-2007, 02:56 AM
It starts in the right hand on the note that is immediately after the third set of two black keys from the note in the very middle of an 88 key keyboard. We call it super high E.

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Im Still In School And Do Music (Keyboard Or Piano) For A Gsce,
I Can Play A Majority of Things, And It Wont Be Impossible Cus My Teacher Could Help Me And Its Not Just To Impress People Its For My Own Enjoyment.
Please Can Somebody Tell Me The Notes....PLease

lufia
02-06-2007, 06:43 PM
i think this is a great way for you to start the piano. you will learn to appreciate the piano alot more afterwoods if you keep playing. one can not appreciate the beauty of the piano until you probe down deep into expressing the emotions (musicality) and this can take years to accomplish.

i use to play piano alot but havn't played in over a year now. i've gotten pretty deep into it and manage to play grade 8 pieces.

for starters u need to learn the notes.

the right hand
http://www.sheetmusic1.com/free.music.basics/music.definitions/musicpage.def.1.gif

the left hand
http://www.sheetmusic1.com/free.music.basics/music.definitions/musicpage.def.2.gif

notes with a '#' after it is a sharp and a 'b' after it is a flat and are to be played as follow

http://colomar.com/Shavano/PianoNotes.gif

its good if you print these images out and use them for references when playing to zanarkand.

the sheetmusic to zanarkand u posted, you have to play ALL f notes as f# sharp so you have to hit the black key that is after the f note always until they tell you not to ( since its not a c major scale ).and that 'ova' means you play it one octive higher ( 8 white notes above the original e).

Vivisteiner
02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
lol. I can play that, but Im doing grade 8 now.

You need to have at least some basic experience of the piano (grade 3 standard) to even begin to play that. Dont bother.

Skills like this cannot be learnt very quickly (unless your amazing). I started when I was 6, and Im 15 now. - I dont practice much.

EDIT: You say that you've learnt piano, but how can you not read the notes if you have?
I realise that I have no idea of your keyboarding ability, but really, it is practically impossible for us to help you from here. Perhaps you should pay for some outside of school piano lessons.

lufia
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
i think he can definitely learn to play it, all it takes is time and dedication. it doesn't require any technique a beginner should have too much trouble with if he puts his mind to it.

just remember to
*break up everything, learn one bar at a time and only proceed to the next bar until you can fully play it.
*learn one hand at a time
*use the figuring provided
*use the pictures as references and even use a texture to write notes on your piano/keyboard.
*get a mp3 version of the sheetmusic or midi file and listen to it.

a teacher is not nessessary needed but it would help you alot. i started off without one.

Shlnsengumi
02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I can give you the actual notes if you want, just let me find the link back at my house.

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-07-2007, 04:08 PM
PLease Could You, That Would Be Excellent:D :D :D

Shlnsengumi
02-08-2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.ffmusic.ffshrine.org/

Has every single Final Fantasy song on piano. When you look for the FFX To Zanarkand, scroll all the way to the bottom after picking FFX, and make sure you get the Piano Collections edition of To Zanarkand.

Also, youtube.com is a great place to view others playing this and many other songs on piano.

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Please May Somebody Translate The Notes For Me From The Sheet Music Downloaded Off ffmusic.ffshrine.org
That Would Be Excellent..

Vivisteiner
02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
How can you translate notes?

Do you mean 'how does each note correspond to a note on the keyboard'

If so, simply use lufia's post to work it out.

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I Think I Got It Sussed Thanz To Lufias Post About The Notes I Think I Can Read Notes Now
I Downloaded One Of Ffshrine.com And Filled In The First Bar On Paint,
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YDK66X4P
PLease Tell Me If Im On The Right Path.....

Vivisteiner
02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep. Thats right - although it would be ideal if you could read it automatically, I suppose that takes practice.

On it, you asked 'whats this note'. Its a 'G'. So you play 'E' and 'G' together.

It just goes round in cycles of 8. Its quite simple once you get the hang of it.

Ask if you need more help. Just remember though, if you want to play this piece successfully, it may take some hard work. If you're prepared to do that, then nothing is stopping you.

ClOuD..StRiFe
02-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I Can Play The First 3 Bars Easily Now But When Watching On Youtube Its Nuthing Like What They Are Playing, Theres All Start Off Like The Original Song And The One Im Trying To Play Dont Even Sound Like A Ff10 Song.
Can Some1 Tell Me Y This Is....
Cheers

Vivisteiner
02-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Try using pedal.

Remember, theres the introduction bit, before the you get into the main tune. Otherwise, I dunno

Shlnsengumi
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Video yourself playing, or even record yourself, submit it here, i'll tell you what your doing wrong.