PDA

View Full Version : How You Treat People on EoFF

Evastio
02-06-2007, 12:28 AM
On EoFF do you treat people in power (Admins, CKs, Staff, etc.) any differently from regular members? Do you think they deserve more respect?

I always try to avoid doing that. Also I personally don't treat them with a different amount of respect since I'm always giving people the amount of respect they deserve.

Freya
02-06-2007, 12:35 AM
I give them a bit more respect since you know, they can ban me. Otherwise I try not to. Some I give less respect than others though because of thier normalness or I might have known them before the change from member to admin/ck/staff.

Araciel
subconsciously at the very least, i always treat people with any measure of authority differently than the general populace. in general i will be pleasant to everyone unless they insult me or someone else when i'm in earshot. after that i tend to be unresponsive or at least unhelpful.

it's the same on the internet and on EOFF; you don't gain my respect, you lose it.

escobert
No I don't. Just because someone has some power in a forum on the internet does not mean I wil respect them anymore then the little respect I give anyone on the internet as it is ;)

Martyr
02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
I haven't had too many reall oppertunities to disrespect people in power here.

It's a problem, kinda, that the mods here are also some of the best posters. I mean, tactically too. It's really hard to fight them about anything. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get a it in edgewise with maybe Yamaneko or Miriel, but even they haven't let their guards down far enough for me yet.

It is possible that I'm not looking to attack lately too... Maybe the spirit of rebellion has left me a placid, sterile forumite.

Shiny
02-06-2007, 12:39 AM
They get the same treatment as anyone else.

The Triumphant Hero
02-06-2007, 12:41 AM
I treat people with the same amount of respect they treat me and/or others

Rye
02-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't treat everyone equally, I treat people based on my opinion of them, on merit, etc. Though granted, I still show everyone basic respect and courtesy. But no, I wouldn't treat a CK/admin better just because they are a CK/admin.

oddler
02-06-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't treat everyone equally, I treat people based on my opinion of them, on merit, etc.

Hambone
02-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I treat CKs like I treat regular members. I treat Rubah, Psychotic, BTV, Hsu, foa, kikimm, and Zeromus_ X the same as I would treat anyone else.

Tavrobel
02-06-2007, 12:55 AM
I LOVE ALL OF THEM AND I'M HAVING PSYPIE'S BABY Just like everyone else, which is like crap, nonetheless.

Psychotic
02-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I treat them like the scum on the bottom of my shoe. So basically they're my only friends in the whole world and I and rely on them for companionship.

Aqua Mage
02-06-2007, 01:03 AM
I treat them as badly as anyone else in EOFF. ;)

black orb
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
>>> I can respect lot of people but that doesnt mean I will treat them different..
The only person who can get special treatment from me is probably the girl I like/love.

Martyr
02-06-2007, 01:13 AM
You know what?

I'm thinking that my recognizing the mods for their title and their ability on the boards is probably some form of respect.

I definitely treat them differently.
And I suppose they deserve/require it.

Vikeve
02-06-2007, 01:14 AM
I treat them the same. Besides I normally forget that they are admins by the way they act until I see them close a thread and then I'm like oh yeah.... they can do that.... :cool:

XxSephirothxX
02-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Considering that a majority of my friends on EoFF are on the staff, I suppose I treat them better than I do many other members. But I do it because they're my friends, and not simply because they're in charge. :p

Iceglow
02-06-2007, 01:27 AM
I treat them the same though sometimes when joking I might say stuff on msn or in usernotes that makes me seem like a suck up...ask psy about my boredom and the idea of doing a baloki.

Grendal
02-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't even know who the administration is... It's not something I normally pay attention to.

Roto13
02-06-2007, 01:42 AM
The staff are my bitches. How do you think I haven't been banned yet?

Bunny
02-06-2007, 01:43 AM
EVERYONE IS SWELL

Jack
02-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I treat everyone as the evil, disgusting, vidictive people they surely are.

Venom
02-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Just because your title is pretty and blue doesnt mean I have to be nice about it.

Ki Ki
02-06-2007, 01:55 AM
I don't really know know many Staffers. Just their little minions. :chef:

StarlightAngel
02-06-2007, 02:16 AM
I don't interact much with the CKs, soo... yeah.

But I'd avoid mouthing off to them or something.

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2007, 02:23 AM
I like and respect my friends more, but I don't think I've met anyone I'd ever treat with disrespect.

rubah
02-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I make admin do work for me since they havent' adminned me and I can't do it myself >:[

I make stu do everything else. and sometimes I chill with site staff because they need loves too

Raistlin
02-06-2007, 03:11 AM
The staff deserve less respect for the suck-up whores they had to be to get that posi<b></b>tion.

Although of course most of the regular members deserve less respect for the know-nothing newbies they are.

So basically, only FS deserve any respect at all. :cool:

NeoCracker
02-06-2007, 03:19 AM
I metaphorically piss on them.

rubah
02-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Raistlin speaks for himself, I see.

Psychotic
02-06-2007, 03:23 AM
The staff deserve less respect for the suck-up whores they had to be to get that posi<b></b>tion.

So basically, only FS deserve any respect at all. :cool:But FS also have to be suck-up whores in order to be FS, because in order to be FS you need to be staff first.

Dr Aum
02-06-2007, 03:50 AM
If there had to be a disparity in the way I treat members, I would certainly treat those in power better than others, as I like to go about things in a purely pragmatic manner. Realistically, though, I treat everyone here the same--as nicely as possible. :monster:

Fonzie
02-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Meh, why bother? I'm 15, and have nothing to lose!*gets drunk and hits a car...naked*

oddler
02-06-2007, 04:11 AM
I metaphorically piss on them.

That's the funniest thing I've read today.

Meh, why bother? I'm 15, and have nothing to lose!*gets drunk and hits a car...naked*

...twice.

Golden Rule? Bah. How about the Platinum Rule?

Treat others the way they want to be treated.

Giga Guess
02-06-2007, 05:53 AM
I feel I respect everyone...while I occasionally lose my cool, I do my best to respect other people's point of view.

Jowy
02-06-2007, 06:13 AM
I just try and be nice to everyone. Some people get more affection than others though.

*pets Zexy and Roogle*

Xaven
02-06-2007, 06:17 AM
No, I don't respect people because of shiny titles (ideally). If Devil Man or lovehurts or some other punk were somehow Knighted, they'd surely receive no repect from me.

Don't forget that likely every member of the staff are, as previously stated, the best posters so of course I'll have a higher opinion of them.

Self-explanitory.

Yamaneko
02-06-2007, 06:18 AM
I don't need respect because I command it. When I walk into a room everyone stands. Even the British guy.

Resha
02-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Psh, I don't treat them. They treat me.

Drift
02-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Psh, I don't treat them. They treat me.

I treat resha to some loving RAPE. TWICE. HARD.

DarkLadyNyara
02-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I think I do treat the mods with a bit more respect than the average member, but that's at least partly because they show more sense than the average member. (insert shameless whoring)

I try to show people the respect they've earned. :cool:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I'd treat them accordingly as to how I feel. I've been here for a year now and have a basic idea of what kind of people they are which also leads me to liking some better than others

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I treat everyone the same and exactly as I would treat any other human being.

EDIT: Minus the fact that what a mod or admin tells me to do or not to do will carry much more import given the appropriate context.

Iceglow
02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't need respect because I command it. When I walk into a room everyone stands. Even the British guy.

*immediately fights the urge to stand up and wins* No the British guy doesn't always stand :P

Dreddz
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
All of them are arrogant, uptight and abuse their powers. I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Peegee
02-06-2007, 11:38 AM
On EoFF do you treat people in power (Admins, CKs, Staff, etc.) any differently from regular members? Do you think they deserve more respect?

I always try to avoid doing that. Also I personally don't treat them with a different amount of respect since I'm always giving people the amount of respect they deserve.

I don't know the majority of you. I however was around long enough that virtually all of the staff knows me, and at best I've harrassed some of them at a wedding.

So I'm necessarily biased.

Mirage
02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
It seems you have forgotten someone.

I don't treat everyone equally, it all depends on what I think of them on beforehand. I would treat two persons I know absolutely nothing about equally.

When it comes to mods and admins, I try to avoid pissing them off, out of self-preservation.

Christmas
02-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I treat NANNY MANUS with the most respect. :bigsmile:

Rase
02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I like to think that I treat everyone the same, if only because it takes too much energy to pretend to be angry on the internet. Still, I do respect the Forum and Site Staff because of the work they do here, and the Former Staff for whatever they did. The only time I really treat a member differently is if I really like or dislike them, and that doesn't depend on their position. Even then, it's more of a "avoiding them" thing than a "attacking or disrespecting them" thing.

Spammerman
02-08-2007, 01:57 AM
I treat people like people. Though admins i stay away from.

Aybabtu
02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Treat admins above other members? Guys these are still regular people behind thier computers, they are not gods and whotnot ^_^ (please dont subject me to your god-like admin powers i am new:p)

I treat everyone the same, unlike some people who think respect should be earnt, i give it freely, to everyone, even people who i at first glance dont like, because from experience, when you dont know someone, you dont know someone...

Funny thing is, IRL i hold grudges for a LONG time. But online bad wishes against other peole tend to go real fast.

Bunny
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Treat admins above other members? Guys these are still regular people behind thier computers, they are not gods and whotnot ^_^ (please dont subject me to your god-like admin powers i am new:p)

Your post is full of lies and untruths, good sir or madam. I demand you take it back! It is told in ancient stories and lore that in times past, when the Gods first granted the admins their powers, the admins used their newfound power to ban the Old Gods and replace them with New Gods, who became known as "Cid's Knights". Ever are they working behind the scenes, making sure everything goes exactly how they want it to go...

Chloe.
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I treat everyone the same...usually. :bigsmile:

Owen Macwere
02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I normally respect people alot when I first come in contact with them. Then after knowing them I can select the amount of respect each deserves.
Ck/Admin. are treated normally by me just like every member here.

Sergeant Hartman
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I treat everyone the same...usually. :bigsmile:
With some exceptions.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Leeza hears all, Yamaneko rocks and Levian is by far the coolest
then theres me, a normal dudette
not really
they deserve respect cos they have power to ban, who wouldnt respect them?

Nominus Experse
02-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I treat people for what they are. If that means that they are an idiot, I treat them as such, regardless of status. If they are mature, then the same applies.

Idiots are generally never elected to be mods anyways.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Absolutely not.

Rocket Edge
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I always greet someone warmly & with respect. It's what they are like personality-wise that will leave me acting differantly toward's them.

I treat people for what they are. If that means that they are an idiot, I treat them as such, regardless of status. If they are mature, then the same applies.
Same.

CimminyCricket
02-09-2007, 01:42 AM
I treat everyone the same, like they're my friends! :cD
I love EVERYONE...Except...Well, nevermind.

Chemical
02-09-2007, 03:05 AM
like the tools that they are.

DANCE MY PUPPETS DANCE!!

AHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHAHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHAHAHEHEHEEHEHEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAH! !