PDA

View Full Version : My Angel!

Giga Guess
02-06-2007, 12:31 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/GigaGuess/Angel.jpg

Just done today. Polite C&C please.

Roto13
02-06-2007, 01:06 AM
She's kind of rigid. It also looks like she has a very wide face. :P I like the idea of it, though.

Giga Guess
02-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Duly noted. I'm gonna work on shading to see if I can give the girl some depth.

Roto13
02-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Post it again when you've shaded it. I'd like to see it.

Moon Rabbits
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Dress+Wings = <3

The hair is nice too, but roto is right about the width of the face~

Giga Guess
02-07-2007, 12:36 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/GigaGuess/angel2.jpg

I pretty much totally retooled her. Better/worse?

Roto13
02-07-2007, 01:51 AM
It's pretty different. :P That works, too. Still, there are a couple of little flaws with the measurements again. Her face is better but her right thigh looks... swollen or something. Looking close, I think it's supposed to be turned slightly and maybe bent a little. Am I right? And she has Popeye triceps XD

Other than those, though, good job.

Chemical
02-07-2007, 03:14 AM
The way you have the arms makes it evident that this angel has two elbows, try to do a gesture drawing firt and remember that the arms are the products of two straight lines that create an array of interesting verticles.

As for the second one the shoulders disturb me.

I think you're understanding of anatomy is well except for the arms, my recommendation is to pick up a women's fashion magazine or do a search on line and just practice arm positions to get a better understanding of the shapes related to them.

EDIT:

Very creative, though melancholic and slightly disturbing in content.

Giga Guess
02-07-2007, 05:01 AM
It's pretty different. :P That works, too. Still, there are a couple of little flaws with the measurements again. Her face is better but her right thigh looks... swollen or something. Looking close, I think it's supposed to be turned slightly and maybe bent a little. Am I right? And she has Popeye triceps XD

Actually it's poofy sleeves.

Roto13
02-07-2007, 01:34 PM

Actually it's poofy sleeves.
Oooh. Ok. That'd be easier to make out if it was coloured or shaded. In black and white, it looks a lot like misshapen arms.

Giga Guess
02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh, and the Right thigh looks swollen because the left one is slightly behind it.

I think the women's magazines thing may be a good idea, though. Cosmo, here I come! :p

Polaris
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I like it.. looks great! :D

Christmas
02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Sephiroth?

Giga Guess
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Never really looked at it that way...

Moon Rabbits
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I thought the same thing about her arms that Chemical and Roto did, they looked very strange~

As for the rest, it's pretty damn good. Although I do like her outfit less than the original, it is better otherwise.

Rocket Edge
02-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I like it. The wings are impressive, as is the expression on her motionless face. The anatamy remind's me of FFIX's character's.

BTW, nice to see a familliar EoFF face contribute to the Artist's forum. Keep it up GG. :up: