PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to loathe the riddles in here

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Alright, so I'm on my way to Giruvegan and I'm stopped at the Effaced ruin. Can anyone point me in the direction of what they mean by the illusion with point the true way and all this so I can get through?

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 04:27 AM
click on the x until you read the glyph sentence. Then before clicking X once again,use the right joystick (camera pan) to see all the arches on the ruin, slowly. All of them will show fog but one. The arch that shows some green trees and green scenery is the "illusion" one and that is the direction you must go.

Zeromus_X
02-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Yeah, that puzzle can be a doozy until you figure it out. I felt so smart for figuring it out without resorting to a guide. xD It's a neat one, too.

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 05:26 AM
:love: I beat FFXII without a guide :love:

Pathfinder
02-06-2007, 06:25 AM
what's a guide??lol jk...but seriously tho..guides r expensive

choco_rider
02-06-2007, 06:28 AM
:love: I beat FFXII without a guide :love:

major props! that's almost impossible to do w/o a strategy guide, some of the riddles that you have to solve are so ridiculous i was about to explode (gigas gate: so simple, so obvious, how could i miss it:yuck:) congradulations!

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Well... I did get stuck on the Stillshrine of Mirian and had to look online :(

But that was the only time!!!

:D

I am still finishing the hunts and side missions though: Behemoth King is absolutely impossible to find... I think I will give up soon and get a Walktrough

hplvr
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
i had the guide the whole time, and yeah, that stupid Giruvegan Great Crystal level, i have no idea how anyone could get past that without the guide, this game had to be the hardest for puzzles

Renmiri
02-07-2007, 12:56 AM
The great Crystal wasn't that hard during the mandatory part of it (getting to Shemhazai). Apparently it is murder if you want to find Ultima though...

Lexy
02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
I don't think XII contains much in the way of impossible to figure out unless you have a guide-stuff on the main storyline, atleast. You can get through the game without any help, imo. As far as times when I could not advance in the storyline because I was absolutely stuck on what to do...ok, twice, but it was more out of laziness- Stilshrine, I looked online for what way to position the statues, and getting through the icefield of clear sight- I think I ran through the area once, realized I was back at the beginning, and then just called my friend and asked out of sheer laziness. Both could be figured out if you dedicate a little time.
That being said, I would agree that the game contains a ton of stuff NOT having to do with the main storyline and gameplay that would be impossible to know unless you got help. Which I find very annoying. Looking online for crap takes all the fun out of it.

Ashley Schovitz
02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
I don't think XII contains much in the way of impossible to figure out unless you have a guide-stuff on the main storyline, atleast. You can get through the game without any help, imo. As far as times when I could not advance in the storyline because I was absolutely stuck on what to do...ok, twice, but it was more out of laziness- Stilshrine, I looked online for what way to position the statues, and getting through the icefield of clear sight- I think I ran through the area once, realized I was back at the beginning, and then just called my friend and asked out of sheer laziness. Both could be figured out if you dedicate a little time.
That being said, I would agree that the game contains a ton of stuff NOT having to do with the main storyline and gameplay that would be impossible to know unless you got help. Which I find very annoying. Looking online for crap takes all the fun out of it.

Actually I was stuck in the Miriam Stillshrine for a week before I decided to use my guide. How was I supposed to know to equip my partyleader with the dawn shard!?

Pathfinder
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM

Actually I was stuck in the Miriam Stillshrine for a week before I decided to use my guide. How was I supposed to know to equip my partyleader with the dawn shard!?
it wrote on the door....sumthing bout a stone right?i dun remember...hard without a guide??it's not that hard..i dun have a guide..only sidequests needs guides

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Alright, help again please. The effaced ruin is now called gate gigas, and it does not open for me. Who is the Gigas summoner/ what do I need to do to open the gate? Advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Renmiri
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Summon Belias

Lexy
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM

When you read the inscription on the pedestal it says something about "shard bearer" or "stone bearer" or something- I instantly thought to equip the dawn shard...and I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, either. But different things are obvious to different people. Just means our brains work differently.

Anno Domini
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM

ARE YOU HIGH!!!! i have had the guide the entire way and there is no doubt in my mind that i could not have made it without it

Lexy
02-09-2007, 06:03 AM
ARE YOU HIGH!!!! i have had the guide the entire way and there is no doubt in my mind that i could not have made it without it

If that's the case, then you must be just not very good at video games. XII really doesn't have that many brain-busters.

marysonnie
02-09-2007, 06:21 AM
:love: I beat FFXII without a guide :love:You are Godly.

One of my complaints about this game is that they put stuff in it that is impossible to access/find unless you have a guide. Zodiac Spear anyone? I mean, what's UP with that??? (besides capitalism)

Renmiri
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Like Lexi said, to beat the game you don't really need a guide. But for the special stuff there's no way to do it without it, I reckon. I finished the game but I haven't got any of the special weapons except for the ones in plain view at treasure chests. I managed to get all the way to the Behemoth King hunt without a guide but I'm stuck in it now.

I figured out the equip the dawn shard on Mirian fine, but got confused with the statues. I was making them face the sword on a 2D view when they should face the sword in "real life" , i.e. on a 3D view of the temple (which meant they should all face the center in 2D). Draklor Labs, Giruvegan and other puzzles were not that hard. The hard puzzles are in the side missions!

atlanteay
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
i had the guide the whole time, and yeah, that stupid Giruvegan Great Crystal level, i have no idea how anyone could get past that without the guide, this game had to be the hardest for puzzles

that must be one of the few places that i didn't use a guide :p

Renmiri
02-10-2007, 03:14 AM
I didn't need a guide to go down the Great Crystal and find Shemhazai but to get to Ultima and the goodies seems impossible without a guide. I didn't even try.

I got to Exodus, Zalera and Adrammelecht without any guide help though. Exodus took me a while but I did find out what to do. Cuchuclain was impossible, tried a couple of times and gave up.