PDA

View Full Version : Pharos Help!

eppy19
02-06-2007, 04:26 AM
I am at the part where i bear Fenir the 3rd of three gaurdians or whatever and i beat him now i am in the "bounds of truth" but it won't let me go anywhere there are just things that make me sacrifice items, attacks, or magicks, where do i go/do from here?

Renmiri
02-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Chose one thing to be without. I went to to the altar of Magick and gave up spells.

A door opened behind the altar and I had to spend the entire next floor without using any magick.

Most people give up techniques though.

EDIT: If you just finished the challenge, then go to the altar you chose and touch it. You will recover what you sacrificed and an elevator will show up to take you to the next floor.

marysonnie
02-06-2007, 06:15 AM
...I gave up the mini-map.

WHY OH WHY DID I NOT GIVE UP ITEMS??? I'M SO DIRECTIONALLY IMPAIRED.

Seriously, give this careful thought. The journey is a LONG one. Giving up Items or Technicks is recommended.

remnant1
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
i gave up items.i coulndt give up tech. becuse i had telekenisis and i needed it on those flying b-sterds.i was lucky though becuse i did somthing(dont know what it was)and i bypassed the freekin doors.the pjaros isnt that hard,you just have to stay focused cus itl get boring when you get lost.

hplvr
02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Chose one thing to be without. I went to to the altar of Magick and gave up spells.

A door opened behind the altar and I had to spend the entire next floor without using any magick.

Most people give up techniques though.

EDIT: If you just finished the challenge, then go to the altar you chose and touch it. You will recover what you sacrificed and an elevator will show up to take you to the next floor.
you gave ur Magick!!! oh that must of been hard
i gave up items, i never ever use them, and i always use magicks, but i would never get past a level without magicks.

Renmiri
02-07-2007, 12:54 AM
I had some killer techniques :D

drast1cone
07-02-2008, 06:39 AM

wheres the elevator?

Renmiri
07-19-2008, 03:23 AM

wheres the elevator?

center of the room iirc

Shattered Dreamer
07-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Items is by far the easiest of all the abilities to do without, so stick with that!

Coma
09-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Ditch the minimap, since you can hit select to look at your normal map. Don't ditch your magic, since you can put Fenrir to sleep and spell him to death. I don't recommend you ditch Techniques, or you don't have Charge and Telekenesis (essential imho). And I never ditch items because god knows when you'll need a remedy, or A/Raise is not fast enough and you need a phoenix down instead.

Saber
09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
items

Roto13
09-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Give up whatever you use the least. xP I gave up the mini map, but I probably should have given up items.

Don't you only get Telekinesis after you finish the Pharos?

Coma
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
You can get it before. After you get the Treaty-Blade in the Great Crystal, the shop in the Necrohol starts selling it. And the Great Crystal is right before the Pharos.

Roto13
09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I guess it's Scathe or something you only get after the Pharos. :P

Coma
09-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Yep.

Vivisteiner
09-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I gave up items, but I'm pretty sure giving up the minimap is better. Unless if you're too lazy to check your main map regularly.

Roto13
09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
When I gave up the mini map, it was more annoying than difficult. As long as you have a decent white mage and everyone knows Raise, items aren't all that useful outside of boss battles. :P

Coma
09-15-2008, 01:44 AM
See, I never put classes onto my characters, unless a situation (read: Yiazmat) required me to have a dedicated healer. I had a close range character, with decoy and reverse on (Zodiac Spear too), and then two longe range attackers that mainly managed buffs. And I healed with Curaja spam. God, I fucking love this game, there are so many ways to run combat, and set up your party. Brilliant.