PDA

View Full Version : Seeking artists for a project

Grendal
02-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I'm working on a small game project and am trying to recruit a few artists who can generally contribute things such as character designs, artwork and so forth. This is a wholly community-driven project, so it will be shared with everyone once it is completed.

A bit of background info about the project itself: To sum it up, it's a re-interpretation of Zelda II. (NES) The game is going to take on a radically different style than its predecessor, including photo-realistic backdrops, hand-drawn character sprites and an overall "imaginative" look. The game will be compiled with Adventure Game Studio. In its current status, I have the design document put together, detailing things such as the plot synopsis, the game engine, items and functions, etc. -- all of the conceptualization is finished.

My job is to merely conceptualize the design, and then basically put the program together. I need others to work on departments such as art, sound and so forth. (I'll also be doing the level designs myself) Once I can get enough people together, hopefully we'll get this project moving.

What I am seeking in particular is:

- Anyone who has experience drawing custom game sprites, or other such designs

- Anyone who frequently draws fan-art

- Anyone who does Zelda fan-art

There is a lot of work involved, so if you would like to contribute to the project, then you'll likely need a sufficient amount of free time. Either way, I really do appreciate any offers.

Feel free to inquire about any specific details. You may also feel free to PM me directly. Thanks for your time!

FinalFantasyXMaster
03-03-2007, 02:00 AM
cool I really like the idea

black orb
03-03-2007, 03:07 AM
>>> Maybe this is not the case since its just a small game project but this is an advice when you are asking people or artists to work for a project..
You need to offer them something in exchange, like money. That will increase your chances of recruiting more people and people who are paid work better and of course the quality of the work will be better..

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Any Artist who helps him will recieve a torrent of my entire Cat Girl And Yuri ARchive. That good enough?

Mirage
03-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Sounds good to me, now I just need to learn to draw!