PDA

View Full Version : Why do some forums have pages and others do not?

Frostwake
02-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Im new here and was scrolling through every FF forum and like, FF II forum has several pages, but FF I forum only has the initial one...When looking at the number of posts, FF I has double, so it makes no sense... why is that?

Flying Mullet
02-06-2007, 12:57 PM
The pages have to do with the number of threads, whereas the number of posts are just the number of posts in all of the threads. This means that the FFI forum has more posts per thread than the FFII forum, while the FFII forum has more threads than the FFI forum.

Levian
02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Good spotting there, Frostwake. I haven't noticed that myself.

Apparantly the FFII, III and IV forums are set to show all threads, while the rest of the FF forums are set to show only threads that's been active the last month. So there you have it, the missing threads in the FFI forum is not gone, just not displayed. Go check out the options at the bottom of the page if you want to view threads that are older than a month.

I have no idea why the forums have different settings though.

Frostwake
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Good spotting there, Frostwake. I haven't noticed that myself.

Apparantly the FFII, III and IV forums are set to show all threads, while the rest of the FF forums are set to show only threads that's been active the last month. So there you have it, the missing threads in the FFI forum is not gone, just not displayed. Go check out the options at the bottom of the page if you want to view threads that are older than a month.

I have no idea why the forums have different settings though.

Oh Ill do that right away, thanks :)

Levian
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, I see you revived an old thread there. You should check out Dr Unne's post in this thread:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101257

He explains very well why we don't revive old threads. :)

crono_logical
02-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Someone probably forgot to change the setting on those forums, since they were created more recently :p

All game forums are set to default 30 days now, except for FF13 since that's not out yet :p

Dr Unne
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
FF1 should be set to show all posts regardless of age, because it's the most important forum we have.

crono_logical
02-08-2007, 12:55 AM
You can override it in your User CP yourself :p I have it set to show all age threads in all forums for me :p

Flying Mullet
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
have it set to show all age threads in all forums for me :p
You so crazy! :roll: