PDA

View Full Version : Squall on KH, RUINED

Hazzard
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I never really liked the way this 'leon' guy acted from the start, and kingdom hearts kinda ruined my image of the original squall, because of the amount of changes they done to him.

What happened to the cold, but deadly squall?
Now there's just a guy who cant really fight for dear life called 'leon'

*~Angel Wing~*
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I thought he was fine in Kingdom Hearts. I just hated that he was called Leon...:mad:

McLovin'
02-06-2007, 08:37 PM
In Kingdom Hearts he was happier kinda...

I liked him in both FF8 and KH, not much of a difference for me.

Qurange
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I liked Leon. I thought that he was a good version of Squall matured--he is supposed to be about eight years older than Squall in FF8, after all. He still had the base personality, but he was wiser.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
A'yo, I never liked Squall being called Leon ether. But I did liked his character.:cool:

Setharion
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
If he was supposed to be someone else, why did they dress him the exact same?

Just doesnt make sense, its not like Auron wasnt Auron, and instead they called him Aaron lol..i just never understood why they changed Squall.

Hazzard
02-06-2007, 10:42 PM
They changed squall to leon in kh, because his world got destroyed by the heartless and he was so ashamed of himself, that he decided to change his identity in a round about way.

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Actually I thought Squall/Leon's jerkiness was equally proportional in both FF8 and KH. Him and that boot-faced bint Rinoa were made for each other. Just leaves more Quistis for me. :love:

vorpal blade
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
He was better in KH than in KHII. And I don't like that they called him Leon, they should have left it alone.

Meat Puppet
02-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Squall was ruined far before Kingdom Hearts, on my opinion.

Dr. Acula
02-08-2007, 07:42 AM
I didn't like Leon in KH. Fact is, I never really liked Squall all that much in the first place.

He looked a little different, he acted different, and so I just think of him as another character. Not the same Squall as in FF8.

Vivisteiner
02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I thought he was better on KH than in FFVIII.

FFVIII, he was alright, but sometimes he really pissed me off.

Setzer Gabianni
02-08-2007, 09:11 AM
He was ok in KH, but sounded really lame in KH2.

Levian
02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Moved to KH forums since it's more KH related than FFVIII. :monster:

Psychotic
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I prefer Leon to Squall as a character, to be honest, although as a name it's inferior.

Seifer
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
What I never understood is why they didn't change his name back to Squall for the second game. He had no reason to continue to use the alias, "Leon."

Chibi Youkai
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
What I never understood is why they didn't change his name back to Squall for the second game. He had no reason to continue to use the alias, "Leon."

That was probably so the people who didn't play VIII weren't confused when the second game came out.

I liked him better in KH than VIII. Of course, I didn't like VIII anyways, so that's not really any surprise.

Shiny
02-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I actually like KH Squall more than FF Squall, because he was in Kingdom Hearts alot less.

anvil_starsilver
02-09-2007, 12:58 AM

That was probably so the people who didn't play VIII weren't confused when the second game came out.

I liked him better in KH than VIII. Of course, I didn't like VIII anyways, so that's not really any surprise.

same here. and in KH, did you guys realized that squall feel sad about the 100 dalmatians as they were lost? Of course he didn't show his feeling. But i think its kinda cute. He's a lot better than Squall in FF8.:mad:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
02-09-2007, 01:36 AM
the voiceover for leon in kh was great, it was the voice over in kh2 that sucked

No_face
02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
the voiceover for leon in kh was great, it was the voice over in kh2 that sucked

I do agree, the voice actor in KH2 was quite bad, and the fact they didn't keep his original name was abit puzzlin' anyone know why they did it?

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 08:11 PM
They changed squall to leon in kh, because his world got destroyed by the heartless and he was so ashamed of himself, that he decided to change his identity in a round about way.

Which i had said before

GF_Diablos
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM

I do agree, the voice actor in KH2 was quite bad, and the fact they didn't keep his original name was abit puzzlin' anyone know why they did it?

Because David Boreanaz of Angel fame did it I KH1 and I guess he wanted too much money for KH2

Aerisfanatic
03-03-2007, 10:55 PM
in the game i guess they wanted a charcter who hides his real name for some reason and if you didnt like him being called leon he is going to be called squall again in kh3