PDA

View Full Version : How honest are you?

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
About anything really. If I'm talking to someone about something personal that I don't really want to tell them, I'll kind of bend round the truth, but if they just come out and ask me a question, I'll tell it to them straight. This goes for anything. If you ask me something, I'll just tell you the truth. But if you try hinting at stuff, I just purposely ignore it. I'm not brutally honest though. If it can hurt someone innocent's feelings then I just walk off. :bigsmile:

My view is that honesty really is the best policy because, in my experience, you just get in deeper trouble when you lie.

So how honest are you lot?

oddler
02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
By stealing your answer, would that make me honest, Quin?

Honesty really is the best policy in my experience. You just get in deeper trouble when you lie.

Rye
02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
It depends on the person. With some people, I'm very honest. With others, I'm not.

Roto13
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
According to LJ, it's my best quality. :P

Agrias
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
i'm pretty straightforward with all my answers. If i get asked to talk about the way i feel on certain subjects i might just say "i dont know." It depends on who i talk to. If i know that someone isnt honest to me, i'm usually not that honest with them.

Rocket Edge
02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm alway's honest, but i'll lie if i need too.

Sergeant Hartman
02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm always honest :shifty:..................honest!

Levian
02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm honest. Or am I being dishonest by saying I'm honest while I'm really not? :eek:

k, seriously though, I lie every now and then, but I won't lie if it means someone will end up hurt. Unless it's Stalin or something, in which case I doubt lies would hurt him.

Haha, I found an example of my dishonesty:

EoFF...:
Which forum do you visit the most? FFVII and eyes on eachother

What a liar.

Bunny
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Like Rye, it depends on the person. I do not lie to my girlfriend and I only lie to my friends when the truth would hurt their feelings or when the situation calls for it. Honesty may be the best policy, but it is not always the smartest.

Oh yeah, and if I do not know a person and do not care one way or another how they view me, I will lie my face off just for fun. I will create stories, make up things, and tell the strangest of lies just to see how far I can get until they question my actions. When confronted about something, I will tell the truth.

Yamaneko
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Unless it's Stalin or something, in which case I doubt lies would hurt him.
:(

Shiny
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Very honest fortunately and unfortunately...

Mom: "Does my hair look alright?"
Me: "No."
Mom: :(

Araciel
02-06-2007, 10:08 PM
like at least ninety percent honest

Martyr
02-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm very honest, but, partly because of that, the tool of satan is one I wield rather proficiently when the time calls for it.

XxSephirothxX
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
There are some people I would tell just about anything to, but in general I guess if I didn't want to dish out the whole truth I'd just skirt the issue or change the subject. It's pretty rare that I'll outright lie, though, except for when I do it in an obviously jocular way.

Iceglow
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm one of these brutally honest people, pretty much most of my family are, tell it like it is and screw the consequences. I have been dumped, slapped, beaten up and celebrated due to my honesty but in the end it doesn't matter I'm honest not because I want to be all the time, but because quite frankly I'm a crap liar. I can't lie for toffee. I also find that I get a lot more respect from people when I am honest with them, they often find the truth of what I say hard to swallow but when they accept that is the truth they will often thank me for it. A prime example of this was when my friend was in a bad relationship but he actually really liked the girl and my honest reaction was "dude you may hate me for this but honestly, you gotta dump her, she's bad for you." My mate cursed me in to the ground (probably would have beaten me up too but we're bigger men than that) and yet 2 days later he called me up to go pub and sat there told me that I was right and he'd dumped her earlier that day after realising it.

Luara
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I think Im always honest... with everybody, and everyone. sometimes I hurt people... :rolleyes2

Dr Aum
02-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm honest when I think it is beneficial. I'm dishonest when I think it is beneficial. I don't really prefer either over the other. Honesty has no value except as a potential means toward a desired end that often tends to create fewer unwanted complications than dishonesty.

- - - TAURUS - - -
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I lie a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load, I'm only honest with a select few people since the majority of people aren't trustworthy. Bunch of snitches.

escobert
02-06-2007, 11:24 PM
I try to be honest but I slip sometimes ;)

Madame Adequate
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I try to be honest, and I'm constantly working to eradicate any and all traces of compassion and tact so that I can be more honest.

Edit: Then again what Aum says makes sense too. I will lie if it benefits me to do so.

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Everything I say (or type) is a complete lie.

Evastio
02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I always try my best to be honest.

Mirage
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I sometimes avoid telling the truth, if it benefits me a lot.

Everything I say (or type) is a complete lie.
I believe you!

Christmas
02-07-2007, 02:12 AM
I never lie. :bigsmile:

fire_of_avalon
02-07-2007, 05:30 AM
To a fault.

Meat Puppet
02-07-2007, 05:38 AM
I try to be, but I just love telling stories, so sometimes I will throw in a twist of fiction to something I’m talking about. It’s a bad habit.

Yuffie514
02-07-2007, 08:11 AM
of course i'd lie to protect myself online. but if it's trivial, then i will be honest. among that, answers are found within numerous answers.

Peter_20
02-07-2007, 01:23 PM
As long as I should be honest, I'll always tell the truth.
However, I do use white lies every now and then. :D

Owen Macwere
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I try always to tell the truth no matter how hurtful it is for those I am telling it to. In my life no one has ever deared to call me a lair, I think that maybe this is the reason why my brother enjoys calling me lair. :p

Honesty is the best policy indeed!, though I always get in trouble cause of it, kinda works reverse for me.

Zeldy
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Im an extremely private person when it comes to feelings even with my best friends. Its not that im not honest Id just rather not tell them, they get offended by that sometimes. Im getting over it now, though.

I don't know. :3
Im fairly honest. If, though, me being honest will somehow get me into trouble, or a friend into trouble I keep my bloody gob shut.
I tell white lies.

Chloe.
02-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm sometimes honest. :bigsmile: