PDA

View Full Version : FF VI Advance Changes.

NeoCracker
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll be updating the new changes as I find them.

Playing it now. Running around in MAgitek Armour.
Changed x-fer to Banisher, minor Dialogue changes, but nothing wrong. Its Now Biggs and wedge RAther than Vicks.

Thats it for now, I'll update changes soon.

Edit: And Lobo was changed to Silver Lobo

Terras Class is Magitek Elite

And Monkey Wrench is now Bandit.

And Whelk was changed to Ymir

The EMpire is now the Ghestalian Empire.

Marshel is changed to Gaurd LEader

As Said Before, Lock is an Adventurer.

You can unequip Mogs Mythril Spear and Shield.

And I just noticed, the Backround Behind the Characters didn't get cut out. I still see the forests in the backround just outside NArshe.

The Scorpians outside Figaro are now called Alacran's.

I'm just going to make a thread with these changes.

Edgars Line to Terra "How Rude of me to turn my Back on a lady" Is now "How Rude of me to turn my back on a lady our first meating."

You'll be pleased ot know the sand on boots remains unchanged.

The biggest difference really is minor Dialouge changes. I'll only update those when they seem important.

Aqua Mage
02-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Ghestalian Empire... Hahahaha!

Thanks for noting the changes so far. :)

Jowy
02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I always stripped Mog down in the SNES one. =P

just finished moogle battle ftw~

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Son of A Submariner is changed to son of a sandworm. Still amusing.

Edgars Class is MAchinist.

The Antidote Spell as predictably been Changed to Poisona.

The Relic that allows you to Gaurd you allies in critical health is now Knights Code, and Goggles Are silver Spectacles.

Acros the hall from Celes's cell you find the hidden Cells. I don't remember what they originally called them, but you can grab teh Herme's sandels which give you haste.

An just noticed, but Vigor is now Strength.

Regal Cutlass is now Great Sword.

Jowy
02-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Mirager = Mirage Dive

lol desperation attacks 45 minutes into the game.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't really Know Desperation names anyway. Though I'll post if I see them.

Also, Lockes Gaurdian weapon you find in the mountain is now Main Gauche.

And the Judo Gear is now Kenpo Gi.

As far as regular monsters, I am no longer updating there names, as there a a lot of those changed. I will update any major fight names and skill name changes. Along with Spells.

The Vargas and Sabin Talk has some very noticable Changes, though basicly the same things are said. I find it to be an improvement though.

Necronopticous
02-07-2007, 12:44 AM
The dialogue changes have not bothered me one bit, but they censored the scene in which Locke finds Celes in the secret basement of the South Figaro mansion, one of the most powerful and essential scenes in the game. I consider this sheer blasphemy, and I'm extremely upset about it.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Pummel is now Raging fist.

Instead of Terra saying he's a body Builder, she compares him to one of Vargas's Bears.

Also, Suplex is now Meteor Strike, Aura Bolt Aura Cannon.

Sword Tech is now Bushido as well.

Sabins Class is Monk.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 12:50 AM
The dialogue changes have not bothered me one bit, but they censored the scene in which Locke finds Celes in the secret basement of the South Figaro mansion, one of the most powerful and essential scenes in the game. I consider this sheer blasphemy, and I'm extremely upset about it.

I agree....

On another bad note. That's a dumbed down Kefka laugh it is not anywhere close to being the same. I DISAGREE GAME, I'd be okay if you made the rest of the game sound worse just to make space for his laugh, come on..

Oh and...

tonicPotions = 50 HP.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm rather fond of Bannon's new Line.

"You're power is a Gift, not A curse. Always remember that."

Though I'd point out this noteable addition to the script.

ljkkjlcm9
02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
well you guys sure do seem to be rushing through.

THE JACKEL

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Oh yeah, and Leafers are now Leaf Rabbits or something.

You know it took me 3 years to even notice that was a rabbit. I want leafer back. =O
Almost every monster I've came up to has a different name, so at this point stating the name change is pointless.

Jowy
02-07-2007, 12:58 AM
We want to get to the sweet inner core that is the bonus material.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Also, sit through the meating. Even if only to reset for Genji glove. The meating is worth reading, as its a bit more detailed than it was originally.

Paul
02-07-2007, 01:00 AM
elaborate? censorship? what?

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Bannon is an Oracle Class.

And Health Became Pray.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Bannon is an Oracle Class.

And Health Became Pray.

Ew, FFX-2 white mages pray. :(

When going near Vargas, the screen has a different thing, more so showing its vargas instead of just chasing him up from behind. *meaning no matter what he'll be standing infront of the cave entrance no matter how fast you run, were as you could actually see him jump if you were fast enough and still be right behind him*

ljkkjlcm9
02-07-2007, 01:18 AM
We want to get to the sweet inner core that is the bonus material.

to each his own, I didn't even play through most of the Bonus stuff of FFIV, and FFV I'm too busy trying to master every class lol

THE JACKEL

Necronopticous
02-07-2007, 01:23 AM
elaborate? censorship? what?The soldiers don't lay a hand on Celes in the GBA version, and her chained-up sprite is totally scrapped. She's just standing there while they recite their lines to her, the guard leaves and she falls to the ground. The feel of the scene is completely changed and the power behind it is gone.

The most ridiculous part of this censorship is that it comes not more than 10 minutes after a brand new random tentacle rape reference, courtesy of Ultros.

http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/hmm.jpg

ljkkjlcm9
02-07-2007, 01:25 AM
elaborate? censorship? what?The soldiers don't lay a hand on Celes in the GBA version, and her chained-up sprite is totally scrapped. She's just standing there while they recite their lines to her, the guard leaves and she falls to the ground. The feel of the scene is completely changed and the power behind it is gone.
wow, it's not even close to the same thing, that's dissapointing. I wonder what other "scandalous" stuff, like Siren's sprite, will be censored even more

THE JACKEL

Takara
02-07-2007, 01:25 AM
:O

THEY DIDN'T!? BASTARDS!!!

What's next, Esper-Terra will be wearing a bikini? >_<

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
The most ridiculous part of this censorship is that it comes not more than 10 minutes after a random tentacle rape reference, courtesy of Ultros.

It's like how Fox kids makes it seem like there's no such thing as things dying, 'cept squeenix, the fox kids of gaming, decides they want people to believe there's no such thing as beating a woman and tentacle rape is an everyday ordeal... Well it is for some but that's not the point. I'm just going to assume Siren has her shorts on, 'cause if you can't smack people you surely can't show butt, right?

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Ultros's new lines are indeed funny as hell though.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I'm hoping they do have more Locke Rachel loving though. I just noticed at the returners place Locke said the empire stole -someone- special, and that he's hated it ever since. It just to be they took something special or something. ADSFJ XdfgJH

xD

Bannon: *looks down at dying dude* Those wounds look awful.

.... Sorry, Just amused they're looking at the guy in pain. I'll be back after the three scenerios. :razz:

Lethe river....

XxSephirothxX
02-07-2007, 01:39 AM

The most ridiculous part of this censorship is that it comes not more than 10 minutes after a brand new random tentacle rape reference, courtesy of Ultros.
As much as the Advance version is appealing for bonus content and all that jazz, that is mega lame. I'm glad I didn't grow up playing this game, and am instead only disappointed as someone who's played it once, and fairly recently in the grand scheme of my life. If this had been a part of my childhood...:(

Jowy
02-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Sprites remain uncensored, from what I've seen.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Celes's class is rune Knight.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Celes's class is rune Knight.

I'm catching up with you~ *about to save Celes*

But I have to watch House.. *sits GBA down*

Oh I do like Edgars "I think he missed the "land on the raft" part" when Sabin flies off. xD :razz:

Takara
02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Oh I do like Edgars "I think he missed the "land on the raft" part" when Sabin flies off. xD :razz:

<3 Edgar.

robfinalfantasy
02-07-2007, 02:18 AM
More than anything what about the overall performance?

Do spell animations lag up?
What about bigger spell animations like Meteor and Merton? Do they run slow?
How about the menu?
The transition from ground to airship?
Riding the airship itself?
etc.

I'm more concerned about the speed of the game more than anything. Does the game run as smooth as FFVA?

Necronopticous
02-07-2007, 02:25 AM
It runs smooth. Some skill/spell animations lag the game a bit, but they don't really slow down the overall pace of the battle. Seems like clever use of frame skipping to me. You run very fast. The chocobo was the slowest thing so far, so I fear the airship will be slow too, aside from that, very fast.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Kefka had some Dialogue Changes in teh Desert Camp. He seems even more twisted tehn before.

Also, Cyan's class is Samurai.

Alright, Cyans and Sabins skills are all renamed.

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 03:05 AM

I was hoping they would change that for the English release. It seems they didn't...

I am happy to see that the items and spells, etc. were properly translated, as expected. I just started a new game and am now watching the prologue.

Edit: Seems they kept some of the older terms as a nod to Woolsey, 'Blitz', 'Relic', etc. That's a nice touch.

Edit: Has anyone here cleared the Phantom Train yet?

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 03:32 AM
Cleared Phantom Train. Nothing Really noteable about it. I didn't suplex teh train cause I couldn't seem to get it right using the shoulder pads, so I don't know if you still can. I'll be starting up the Veldt when I get up. Also, Cyan seeing his family remains the same. I'll update soon on the Velt, river, and Fight in Narshe.

There were no noteable changes in Terra, edgar, and Bannons scenario.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 03:35 AM
"Call me treasure hunter or I'll rip your lungs out! >-O" now it's "Oh that was just plain rude. I'm a treasure hunter,, and don't you forget it!"

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Cleared Phantom Train. Nothing Really noteable about it. I didn't suplex teh train cause I couldn't seem to get it right using the shoulder pads, so I don't know if you still can. I'll be starting up the Veldt when I get up. Also, Cyan seeing his family remains the same. I'll update soon on the Velt, river, and Fight in Narshe.

There were no noteable changes in Terra, edgar, and Bannons scenario.

The Phantom Train theme didn't play during Cyan's tearful farewell? That's good. In the Japanese version, it screwed up the music and played that where there should have been silence...

"Our king showers his attention on women. Young, old, pretty, or plain...No one is safe!"

Zeromus
02-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Oh... i have to accept it...
I'm envious of you guys... :cry:

I don't know when i'm going to have my original copy of the game in the place i recerved for it in my collection :sad:, and there is still only the japanese rom there out on the net...

I wanna $%&#@ play it!!! :cry:

Well... great to be u!... good luck on ur playing... and... enjoy!

I'll just wait the rom by now while i wait for the game to come Chile...

Good Night!

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Don't worry Zero, if it's anything, I believe I'd honestly be happier with no dialog whatso ever 'cause some of it just annoys me. I don't believe I'd -ever- recomend this seeing as if they wanna play FFVI they can get a rom and if I knew the person irl, I'd lend them my anthologies. :(

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Edit: Also Ava, its seems you're on top of me again tonight.

AVareice is just moaning because the Script isn't exactly the same. In many Parts I prefer the changes, most Noteably Kefka's expanded Dialogue in the Base Camp. But I digress.

Gau's Class is Now Feral Youth.

Quartr is now Gravity.

This is the Greatest Line Change so far, when Bannon is Talking to the Mayor of NArshe.

"If we allow the empire to continue amassing weapons of Magitek destruction History's Greatest mistake will be repeated." That Makes Me Giggle.

Another Great Line From Kefka, "There's a reason "oppose" rymes with "dispose"... If they get in our Way kill them!" On his Way to attack Narshe.

Again, when Edgar and Celes Speak on the way to the battle with Kefka, after he warns Celes not to fall fo Locke to easily, Celes Responds with "I'm a soldier, not some love starved twit." Then Edgar has a new line added in, "So much for My next Suggestion.

Edit: The Dialogue during Sabin and Edgar's Talk in Figaro changed a bit for the better. Be sure to check it out.

Nothings really changed upto the point you find Terra in Zozo. Stray Cat was Changed to Cait Sith.

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Stray Cat was Changed to Cait Sith.

:cat: :love:!!

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I'll be updating the Opera when I finish it. But So far it kicks ass.

A lot of the Opera Script was Changed, but its nothing short of amazing. Even the sounds of the Opera are improved. Time to fight Ultros again though.

Fire Dance is now Known As Rising Pheonix.

Legomorph, Setzers Slot attack of a failure, is now Mysidian Rabbite.

In The scene in espar world, Madonna is now Madaline.

Paul
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
that sucks about the celes chained up scene, but other than that it's sounding good! i can't understand why they would censor something NOW like god knows how many years later. censorship hasn't been in since the 90s!!

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Shoat was changed to Catoblepas

And Setzer is, of Course, a Gambler.

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM

AVareice is just moaning because the Script isn't exactly the same. In many Parts I prefer the changes, most Noteably Kefka's expanded Dialogue in the Base Camp. But I digress.

Did you write the moaning part after you wrote the I'm on top of you part? :razz:

Oh and I think it was Zero that said something about the music at the phantom train being all wonky. It kind of got crazy at first, then it lagged, then when he saw them and they were talking, it started playing the phantom train music again and I was pretty sure it played something.. sadder? but I'm prolly wrong. xD Anyways! Back to Narshe to fight Kefka~

KoShiatar
02-07-2007, 06:18 PM

I was hoping they would change that for the English release. It seems they didn't...

So was it censored in the Japanese version as well?

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Did you write the moaning part after you wrote the I'm on top of you part? :razz:

Oh and I think it was Zero that said something about the music at the phantom train being all wonky. It kind of got crazy at first, then it lagged, then when he saw them and they were talking, it started playing the phantom train music again and I was pretty sure it played something.. sadder? but I'm prolly wrong. xD Anyways! Back to Narshe to fight Kefka~

Actually, I eddited that part about you later when I remembered what you posted in my user notes. I didn't even realize it sounded like like. However, due to the humour, I will not change it.

I'm almost to the sealed Gate just before the espars are released, and no more noteable changes have came up.

Mirage
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I only disagree with the Adventurer and Magitek Elite classes, and the removal of the Celes "interrogation" scene. But then again, I disagree a lot with these.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
A loved the Magitek elite Class.

Kefka's lines are again greater than before during the scene the espers break out of the Gate. Its like I'm an FF VI Virgin playing for the first time, a vir-ir-ir-irgin.

silentenigma
02-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I only disagree with the Adventurer and Magitek Elite classes, and the removal of the Celes "interrogation" scene. But then again, I disagree a lot with these.

what did they censor? I could probably guess, but just to be sure?

Aqua Mage
02-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Its like I'm an FF VI Virgin playing for the first time, a vir-ir-ir-irgin.

*raises eyebrow*

I'm glad the changes haven't been too extreme. :)

Mirage
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
They talk to her, then she falls to the ground. End.

Avarice-ness
02-08-2007, 01:12 AM

Yeah it used to be like this.

Gaurd: TRAITOR *SMACK*
Celes: *talks back*
Gaurd: >=O *smack*
Celes: *talks back again*
Gaurd: *SMACK then walks out after Celes falls to ground.*

Now it's like
Gaurd: ..Traitor. *stands there*
Celes: *talks back and standing there*
Gaurd: Yeah. *stands there*
Celes: ---- NAMING SCREEEEEN ----
Celes: *standing*
Gaurd: *locks her up and leaves*

It's kind of like if you made a crappy middle school acting squad act out the scene, were they just kind of stand there and it's awkward and stuff.. That's what the new scene is like. u u;

Crossblades
02-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Yeah it used to be like this.

Gaurd: TRAITOR *SMACK*
Celes: *talks back*
Gaurd: >=O *smack*
Celes: *talks back again*
Gaurd: *SMACK then walks out after Celes falls to ground.*

Now it's like
Gaurd: ..Traitor. *stands there*
Celes: *talks back and standing there*
Gaurd: Yeah. *stands there*
Celes: ---- NAMING SCREEEEEN ----
Celes: *standing*
Gaurd: *locks her up and leaves*

It's kind of like if you made a crappy middle school acting squad act out the scene, were they just kind of stand there and it's awkward and stuff.. That's what the new scene is like. u u;

Yah, I was disappointed about this when I saw it.:( For shame that such a powerful scene was removed:(

Takara
02-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Wanna bet they removed the suicide scene too? -.-

Avarice-ness
02-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Wanna bet they removed the suicide scene too? -.-

"Oh no Grandpa! *stands there///skip to standing on beach* Oh little bird, =O Locke's bandana?! I MUST MOVE ON"

Oh boy, I can only imagine the horror of that.... I guess I need to get playing, I'm getting behind. :razz:

Zeromus_X
02-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Suicide scene is still there. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmt7Yxh4E0)

Kenshin IV
02-08-2007, 04:13 AM
They didn't change Terra or Ultros' name. That's all I was extremely worried about.

Zeromus_X
02-08-2007, 04:17 AM

So was it censored in the Japanese version as well?

Whoops, I'm sorry I didn't see your comment. But yes, in the Japanese version it's the same. She just sort of...slumps over. I was confused when I saw it. I guess kidnapping is a touchy subject in Japan?

Regarding the opera, the new lyrics are nearly identical to the English lyrics used in the More Friends concert performance. It even matches the synthesized voice, which is a great touch.

DarkLadyNyara
02-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Yah, I was disappointed about this when I saw it.:( For shame that such a powerful scene was removed:(

Oh, gods, that annoyed me. :mad: I mean, good grief, they killed that whole scene. It's absurd.

Although the tentacle rape reference almost makes up for it. :love:

abrojtm
02-08-2007, 05:26 AM
They probably edited Celes's scene just because they were too lazy to import that one extra sprite of Celes hanged.

Fuuinashi
02-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Kidnapping and Torture are extremely touchy subjects at the current moment in Japan due to a big deal of kidnapping going on there.

The scene with Celes being chained and punched was removed due to the current tension in Japan, and they probably didn't bother to put it back in for North America.

The same thing happened in FFXII too with the Penelo Kidnapping scene, but that time they put the scene back in for the North American release, however it wasn't in the original Japanese release.

Anyway.

"If we allow the empire to continue amassing [B]weapons of Magitek destruction[/B, History's Greatest Mistake will be repeated."

This line by far makes up for the loss of that little cutscene.

And the Opera is now greater and better than ever, which should also make up for whatever else there could be bad!

One gripe though.. They didn't touch Gau's Rage. Them befallen fools Behemoth Steaks brains, they didn't fix Gau's Rage!!!

They bothered fixing all the major bugs, sure, but why couldn't they fix the Rage bugs, or ATLEAST make it a little more Player-Friendly..

..But no, the Rage is back in FFVIa exactly the same as it was on the SNES, with Typhon (Chupon), Siegfried and Death Warden (Allo Ver) leaving holes in the list, aswell as the Tonberries (Pugs) being on the list but impossible to Rage in battle... Ugh.

Bunny
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Kidnapping and Torture are extremely touchy subjects at the current moment in Japan due to a big deal of kidnapping going on there.

The scene with Celes being chained and punched was removed due to the current tension in Japan, and they probably didn't bother to put it back in for North America.

I wonder when people will stop being so uptight about the contents of a video game.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2007, 01:37 PM

I wonder when people will stop being so uptight about the contents of a video game.
Well they're uptight about the content of everything, and don't you know video games have harmful effects on the youth. They may have seen the kidnapping scene, and gone and chained up and beat girls! How cruel of a video game to teach this to our children!

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Strago's Class is Blue Mage.
Relms is Pictomancer.

The writing on the Statues in the mountain near thamasa seem to have changed a bit as well.

Jowy
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
PICTOMANCER WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jesus christ, I need to catch up today. =P

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
In Thamasa, when Locke and Celes Talk again, Relm gives the reply, "Those two are hot and heavy, huh, Grandpa?" Followed by Strago saying, "They're young Dear."

Felt that was important enough to post.

And Kefka right before he torches Thamasa.

"This little hamlet has too much "boring" and not enough "burning"... Torch everything!"

Edgars adjusted Dialogue regarding the waitress in Vector is amust.

"Do you thing I could be so rude as to meat a lady and Not MAke a move? It was a matter of Courtesy dear brother! Courtesy!"

This is also worthy of mentioning. The Talk between Relm and Sabin.

Relm: Who do you think you are, trying to tell me what to do, you overfed muscle-man!?

One last Noteable line, What Edgar says about Relm when she walks off and calls him a wierdo.

"Not even a lady yet. Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.

The three statues are now reffered to as, "The Warring Triad"

Bunny
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
One last Noteable line, What Edgar says about Relm when she walks off and calls him a wierdo.

"Not even a lady yet. Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.

This is coo' but torture scenes are a negative. GG Japan. GG!

Fuuinashi
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Well they're uptight about the content of everything, and don't you know video games have harmful effects on the youth. They may have seen the kidnapping scene, and gone and chained up and beat girls! How cruel of a video game to teach this to our children!

THE JACKAL

It's not exactly the same thing. It's not a matter of Uptight culture more than it is a very important matter at the actual time in Japan and a very big deal, so every medias are asked not to shock the population more than it is too much.

If you recall, similar censor happened after the events of the World Trade Center for example, where a few movies, Spider Man for example, were asked to delete scenes including things crashing into the towers as the nation was pretty shocked by the events already.

Bunny
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM

THE JACKAL

It's not exactly the same thing. It's not a matter of Uptight culture more than it is a very important matter at the actual time in Japan and a very big deal, so every medias are asked not to shock the population more than it is too much.

If you recall, similar censor happened after the events of the World Trade Center for example, where a few movies, Spider Man for example, were asked to delete scenes including things crashing into the towers as the nation was pretty shocked by the events already.

The scene that was removed from Spider-Man was a helicopter getting caught in a web that was a placed in between both towers. I found that just as stupid as I find this. And yes, I find them on the same level. Form of censorship and all that.

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Before I forget, morph is now Trance.

Jowy
02-08-2007, 04:27 PM
LAME

Mirage
02-08-2007, 04:30 PM
LAME

Bunny
02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
AWESOME

i mean lame

Zeromus_X
02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Well, that's what it was originally called.

Ugh, I need to catch up. I want to read the Relm hilarity with my own eyes. Pictomancer. <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit: Recalling the Rage issue Fuuinashi mentioned, you can fight every enemy in the monster rush later in the game. Though, this doesn't solve all the problems with Rage...

Alexander
02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
LAME Trance isn't bad. Seriously. =P

About the censored scene. Okay, it looks horribly lame, but the problem isn't the censorship per se (seriously, it's completely understandable that it's censored in Japan). My problem the fact that SE was lazy and kept the scene like that in the American release. @_@

About the other changes... yay no more Vanish/Doom yay no more MBlock% bug yay no more Psycho Cyan onoes idiot Rages are still there sandworm < submariner I'm glad that the names are still there. Sabin > Mash, Terra > Tina. The others changes are also nice (Pictomancer > j00).

and... yay no more Vanish/Doom @_@ *shot*

Jowy
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
We can still rig Joker Doom in our favor though. ;D

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Kefka's hate lines were replaced with a string of Insults at Celes. Hate was better, but it still works.

And Merton was replaced with MeltDown.

I'd also like to say I'm happy they kept one of my a favorite lines from Sabin, "Did you really think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in?"

KoShiatar
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
LAME Trance isn't bad. Seriously. =P

About the censored scene. Okay, it looks horribly lame, but the problem isn't the censorship per se (seriously, it's completely understandable that it's censored in Japan). My problem the fact that SE was lazy and kept the scene like that in the American release. @_@

I still have a feeble hope for the European release, but...

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Upon Entering Nikeah, you immidiatly here of 4 Espars that escaped from the Magitek research facility before you infultrated it.

Also, in Figaro castle, Talk to the soldier at the top left watch tower. He says this

"I hear some fanatical members of the Cult of Kefka insist on spelling Kefka's name with Cs instead of Ks. That just seems silly to me. Kefka's Kefka. He's still the same villian, no matter how you spell his name."

Fuuinashi
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
"I hear some fanatical members of the Cult of Kefka insist on spelling Kefka's name with Cs instead of Ks. That just seems silly to me. Kefka's Kefka. He's still the same villian, no matter how you spell his name."

Are you Serious ?!

That's so pretty friggin' awesome !!!! <333:love::love::love:

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Yes, There really is a guy in Figaro who says that. I loved it.

Zeromus_X
02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Since some of you are already in the World of Ruin, here are the locations of the four new Espers, if anyone wants to know:

Sabotender (Cactuar?): Kill at least ten Cactuars in the desert south of Maranda. Step on the panel indicated here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kQUybal8uI) to fight Jabotender (Jumbo Cactuar, possibly?).

Gilgamesh: Bid on the Excalipoor item in the Jidoor Auction House. You may need to farm Gil south of Miranda for awhile, for the total cost will be 500,000 Gil (possibly as a joke since we could never beat that one old man before). Bet the Excalipoor in the Coliseum and fight an easy enemy there to fight Gilgamesh.

Leviathan: Ride the boat in Nikeah. I'm not sure if Locke needs to be in the party or not.

Diabolos: Clear the bonus dungeon, the Dragon's Den, and defeat Kaiser Dragon. This dungeon will only open up after you've defeated the eight dragons (and, by then, you may as well have beaten the main story too).

:cat: :love:!! xD

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Jumbo Cactuar is true. I'll Check the others when I can.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
that's great you've listed the locations... but what spells do they teach and at what rate? Also, what are the stat bonuses at level? That's what really interests me

nvm I checked gamefaqs... and it seems that Cactaur is the only new summon without a unique spell, but it gives the stat bonus of Speed plus 2, so I guess that's what it's good for...

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Jumbo Cactuar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kQUybal8uI)
Leviathan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmLfm8lVAmI&mode=related&search=)
Gilgamesh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMq_ouanMUw)
Diabolos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-v1qjX4to)

May contain spoilers as to the new content, but all the spell/stat boost info should be in there.

Jowy
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Leviathan:
Effect: Deals water-elemental damage on all enemies
MP to Summon - 100
Spells and Rates-
-Flood x2
Bonus from Level Up: N/A

Cactuar:
Effect: Deals 1000 damage on all enemies or inflict 9999 damage
MP to Summon - 100
Spells and Rates-
-Teleport x20
-Vanish x10
-Hastega x5
Bonus from Level Up: Speed +2

Gilgamesh:
Effect: Uses Excalibur, Excalipoor, Masamune, or joined by Enkidu
MP to Summon - 90
Spells and Rates-
-Quick x1
-Brave x5
Bonus from Level Up: Strength +2

Diablos:
Effect: Reduces enemy hp to 1/16 and inflicts Seizure
MP to Summon - 150
Spells and Rates-
-Gravity x20
-Graviga x10
-Gravija x5
Bonus from Level Up: N/A

TIME PARADOX

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
A new Book in Cyans chest on Mount Zozo.

"Bushido in the Bedroom"

The Relic ring which made you undead is now a Lich Ring.

Avarice-ness
02-08-2007, 11:01 PM
A new Book in Cyans chest on Mount Zozo.

"Bushido in the Bedroom"

How did he get that out of my personal library!

Nevermind that. You guys are way ahead of me, so I'll just grab what you may miss. :razz:

NeoCracker
02-09-2007, 12:33 AM
The earth Espar from the NArshe Caves is now Midgardsormr
The Esper from Owzners manner is now Lakshmi
The Tritoch is now Valigarmanda

Gigantar is a pain. Make sure your party has a lot of health Sabins Phantom Rush is very effective if you've been boosting his Magic up.This dude will hit with 9 1000 needles at death. Make sure you are fully healed the whole fight.

Leviathan is a pussy. Thunder MAgic and keep healed.

Zeromus
02-09-2007, 05:09 AM
I don't like the Merton and the Kefka Hate changes T.T...

:cry:

But... I'M HAPPY!!!...

Guess what!... :hahaha:

I finally have the rom!!!:hyper: :hyper:

I'll be commenting my apreciations with u soon!

(So sad it is not an original copy, but i'm anxious anyways! =) ...)

NeoCracker
02-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I dont' remember what Relm says when you talk to her aboard the Falcon in the original version, but now she will say "Come on! Lets go knock the crazy right out of that guy!"

Also, so far no major changes. All thats left to do is Get Locke, Doma Castle, Magi Tower, fighting Hidon for Strago's quest, finishing off the dragons, and meating Gau's dad. I'll update any of these of its worth it.

Also, getting Gilgamesh.

For those who didn't watch the videos posted, the Gilgamesh Sprite looks exactly like FF V's Gilgamesh.

Zeromus_X
02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Well, and the whole bonus dungeon and everything.

At least they resized Gilgy's sprite. :p

I just got to the World of Ruin.

"Come on! Lets go knock the crazy right out of that guy!"

:cat: :)

Jowy
02-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm going to the Cave to the Esper World.

Man, you guys are a lot farther ahead. :(

NeoCracker
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Don't worry Jowy, You'll get there.

Eventually.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

The New names of the Three Dream Stooges are as followed
Laragon
Curlax
Moebius

WTF?

Crossblades
02-10-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Humpty Dumpty" skit :/

NeoCracker
02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Also, for you rage fanatics. ORginally the Second form of King Behemoth, As you know it Sir Behemoth, he would appear alone. This time the first form appears, and when you beat it the second one come out. However, if you jump on the first one you learn nothing, so to get it you need to defeat the first form and leap on the second.

Sephex
02-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Well, I caved and I bought it. I like the script chaanges and the music isn't as bad as I heard it was. The normal battle theme kind of weirded me out at first, but I am getting used to it. I like the added portraits, like the other FFAdvances, especially portraits of characters that you didn't see in the original. I remember hearing that Kefka's laugh was bad, but I think it's fine. I don't know, I expected music and sound effects to be dumbed down, so that's why I don't really care.

The edited torture scene kind of disappoints me, but since someone here explained why they did it, I understand very much. It's not like it was a key plot point or something anyway. Overall, I am happy with what I see so far!

NeoCracker
02-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Econimizer is now Called Celestriad.

Zeromus_X
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
What was wrong with Three Stars? xD Well, I guess that's kinda catchy too...

Laragon
Curlax
Moebius

And after Roogle helped me figure out what their real names were. :( But you can see where the inspiration is from, no?

Cat Hood is now Cat-Ear Hood. :cat: :love:

In addition, the imp equipment that I've found so far are: Tortoise Shield, Saucer (helmet), and Reed Cloak (armor). Edit: Imp Halberd is Impartisan. xD

abrojtm
02-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Humpty Dumpty" skit :/

Seriously. Me too.

Dancer: "Hey, do you like these? I call this one Humpty, and this one Dumpty!"

Sabin: "Cyan, you're too easy!"
Cyan: "Th-thou art unaffected by these...charms?!"
Sabin: "One of the benefits of all my years of ascetic training!"

Purple tanktop...no interest in women... xD

Zeromus_X
02-10-2007, 11:56 PM
I...forgot about the dancer. ;__;

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM
I'll update on the Bonus Dungeon when I do it. For now, here is the final speach before the last battle with Kefka. All Kefka's lines are bolded and you're party's lines in quotes. I've included actions that happen during it as well. Consider this your spoiler warning.
Kefka:

Welcome, Friends!
I knew you'd come, so I've been
practicing my greeting!"

"How much do you have to destroy
before you'll have had your fill, Kefka!"

Kefka:

I've Acquired the ultimate power!
Observe...
*Lifts Edgar and Terra into the Air*

Such Magnificent power! You're
Nothing more than fleas compared to me
now!
*Throws Terra and Edgar off screen*

Embrace your destruction...
It is the fate of all things.

*Cyan Steps Forward*
"To be destroyed? Maybe it is! But
people can always rebuild, and new
lives will always be born!"

Kefka:

And Time will destroy all those as
well.

Why do people insist on creating things
that will inevitably be destroyed?

Why do people cling to life, knowing
that they must someday die?

...Knowing that none of it will have
meant anything once they do?

*Terra Climbs back up to the right side of were Kefka is standing*

"Because its not the end that matters!
It's knowing you have something to live
for right now, at this Moment!

Something you've worked for...
Something that's worth protecting!

*Terra is flug by kefka's magic to the other side of the screen*

As long as you have that... that's enough!"

Kefka:

[/B]And did you all find your
"Somethings" in this broken world
that just won't die?[/B]

*Terra Stands Back up*

"Yes!"

*Terra Jumps back down to the rest of the group, who has
been rejoined by Edgar*

Terra: Love!

Locke: A person worth Protecting!

Cyan: A wife and a child who live on with me!
Shadow: Friends... and a family.

Edgar: A peaceful kingdom.

Sabin: A Loving brother who always

looks after me! Gah-ha-ha-ha!

Celes: Someone willing to accept me
for Who I am.

Strago: An adorable little Grand Daughter.

Setzer: Wings from a dear old friend.

Mog: New Pals, Kupo!

Gau: These people! All them! Uwaooo!

Kefka:

Bleh! You people Make me Sick!
You sound like lines from a self-help book!

IF thats how it's going to be...
I'll snuff them all out!

Every last one of your sickening, happy
little reasons for living!

"No! Kefka, Stop!"
*Missed a line here*

Kefka:

You may as well be the dirt on the
bottom of my boots! Or the dirt stuck
to the bottom of that dirt!

*The Ground Beneath Kefka errupt from the groud carrying
high into the sky*

I'll Destroy everything!

I'll create my own empire... of Death!

*A pillar on the right rises up, with Terra standing on it*

"You can't destroy everything!
People will always have Dreams!"

Kefka:

No! I'll destroy the entire world!
There won't be anything left to dream about!

*A pillar on the right with Locke raised up*

"We won't let you hurt any more people!"

Kefka:

Hee-hee-hee!
But what fun is destruction if no "precious"
lives are lost?

*Kefka summons a powerful beam and fires it through the waters
towards a town*

"It ends here, Kefka!"

*Final Battle Begins*

Also, could someone post Gogo and Relms lines? Since i didn't use them, I didn't see their dialogue.

The Bunus Dungeon will be my last update.

Alexander
02-11-2007, 02:22 AM
They kept the self-help booklet. I can sleep now. :love:

Btw... WTF Valigarmanda means? @_@

Zeromus_X
02-11-2007, 05:50 AM
If any of you need help on the bonus dungeon or the bosses, I'll try to help to the best of my ability.

Edit: Corncracker, what was Heartless Angel/Fallen One translated as?

Here's the new weapons info, from Gamefaqs:

Oborozuki
Strength: +7
Speed: +7
Stamina: +0
Magic: +0
Attack: +225
Defense: +0
Evasion: +50
Magic Defense: +0
Magic Evasion: +10
Runic, 2-Hand OK

Zwill Crossblade
Strength: +3
Stamina: +3
Attack: +220
Evasion: +30
Magic Evasion: +20
Runic, 2-Hand OK
Special effect: Randomly casts "Sleep".

---

Apocalypse
Speed: +0
Magic: +7
Attack: +250
Evasion: +20
Magic Evasion: + 20
Bushido, Runic, 2-Hand OK
Special effect: Consumes MP to perform critical hits.

Save the Queen
Strength: +0
Speed: +4
Attack: +240
Evasion: +40
Magic Evasion: +40

---

Longinus
Speed: +3
Attack: +235
Evasion: +0
Magic Evasion: +0
Runic, 2-Hand OK

Gungnir
Stamina: +7
Attack: +240
Runic, 2-Hand OK

---

Zanmato
Attack: +245
Evasion: +30
Special effect: Randomly casts "Holy".

Godhand
Speed: +3
Attack: +220
Special effect: Randomly casts "Holy".

---

Stardust Rod
Stamina: +4
Attack: +180
2-Hand OK
Special effect: Randomly casts "Meteor".

Angel Brush
Attack: +170
2-Hand OK
Special effect: Randomly casts "Confuse".

---

Scorpion Tail
Strength: +4
Magic: +4
Attack: +225
Special effect: Randomly casts "Bio".

Final Trump
Strength: +3
Attack: +215
Special effect: Consumes MP to perform critical hits.

---

Dueling Mask
Strength: +6
Speed: +6
Stamina: +6
Magic: +6
Attack: +0
Defense: +40
Evasion: +10
Magic Defense: +40
Special effect: +25% HP.

Bone Wrist
Strength: +5
Speed: +5
Stamina: +5
Magic: +5
Attack: +0
Defense: +10
Evasion: +10
Magic Defense: +10
Special effect: +50% Strength, +25% HP, +25% physical damage.

Apocalypse: 150 Accuracy
Zwill Crossblade: 180 Accuracy, attacks with Wind Element
Zanmato: 150 Accuracy, attacks with Holy Element, does not randomly cast Holy
Oborozuki: 180 Accuracy
Longinus: 150 Accuracy
Godhand: 150 Accuracy, attacks with Holy Element, does not randomly cast Holy, cannot be Thrown
Save the Queen: 150 Accuracy
Stardust Rod: 135 Accuracy
Angel Brush: 135 Accuracy, cannot be Thrown
Final Trump: 230 Accuracy, same damage from Back Row
Gungnir: 150 Accuracy
Dueling Mask: As noted by crazylegsryan, it resists all Elements
Scorpion Tail: 150 Accuracy, same damage from Back Row, 2-Hand OK, attacks with Poison Element, cannot be Thrown
Bone Wrist: +50% HP, +25% Magic Damage, Perfect Hit Rate, incompatible with Merit Award

Coliseum:

Oborozuki -> Zwill Crossblade Vs Outsider
Zwill Crossblade -> Oborozuki vs Tonberry

Apocalypse -> Save the Queen vs Fiend Dragon
Save the Queen -> Apocalypse vs Brachiosaur

Longinus -> Gungnir vs Prometheus
Gungnir -> Longinus vs Muud Suud

Zanmato -> Godhand vs Yojimbo (instadeaths)
Godhand -> Zanmato vs Great Behemoth

Stardust Rod -> Angel Brush vs Dark Force
Angel Brush -> Stardust Rod vs Gamma

Scorpion Tail -> Final Trump vs Vector Chimera
Final Trump -> Scorpion Tail vs Ahriman

Dueling Mask -> Bone Wrist vs Daedalus
Bone Wrist -> Dueling Mask vs Duel Armor

Here's all the videos of the bonus bosses, and explanation of how to defeat them should be in the video description:

Upgraded dragons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wUYGTWL0A Upgraded Ice Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ZJzJbXg_4 Upgraded Storm Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRewQBa395M Upgraded Blue Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oChIsY8nNCQ Upgraded Earth Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-lM7jumagQ Upgraded Skull Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4o_dc9nEA Upgraded Holy Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTT2HM5mydo Upgraded Red Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPN8qC128U Upgraded Yellow Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbkwQHANbeA Kaiser Dragon (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R-v1qjX4to Kaiser Dragon (2)

Monster Pit bosses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMczq11AxZM Earth Eater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPL4EG-8xv8 Worst Malboros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvSx3_xOdOw Dark Behemoth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Wg3exuNZ4 Gargantua

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNRti59YCp0 Abyss Worm

No Omega Weapon video, but he isn't much tougher than Kaiser Dragon, if not having more HP.

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 12:31 PM
There was a monster in the Colleseum that used Heartless angel, as for Kefka's attacks, I have No idea. A round of Fast Ultima's killed him before he attacked.

Also I'd like to now mention the Quick Glitch. AFter using Quick, when both actions it gives you are over, your action Bar doesn't go down, and you go again immidiatly after, allowing you too repeat the Process without you're action bar ever restarting.

ljkkjlcm9
02-11-2007, 06:39 PM
btw, how do you do Sabin's moves without the X and Y buttons?

I just got the game yesterday, and I haven't played much yet

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Intead of X and Y, L and R are used.

ljkkjlcm9
02-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Intead of X and Y, L and R are used.
so uhm, instead of RL RL XY, it'd be RL RL RL for mantra?

THE JACKEL

Avarice-ness
02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
As for the ending lines, I'm not really liking them. Mostly because the original have some of my most favorite quotes.

KEFKA: I will exterminate everyone, and everything!

People will keep rebuilding the things you take from them.

KEFKA: Then I'll destroy those too. Why do people rebuild things they
know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they
know they can't live forever? Think how meaningless each of your
lives is!

TERRA: It's not the net result of one's life that is important. It's
the day-to-day concerns, the personal victories, and the celebration
of life...and love! It's enough if people are able to experience the
joy that each day can bring!

KEFKA: And have you found your "joy", in this nearly dead world of
ours?

Just wanted to say that. :p

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Chakra uses just RLRL Up down.

ANd do agree with Ava on this one, who is still on top.

abrojtm
02-14-2007, 08:07 AM
So the Dragon's Den (Bonus Dungeon) and Soul Shrine are about +10 or more hours of gameplay. Not to mention that I took this game pretty fast (20 hrs to Kefka's Tower with all WoR sidequests done).

Yuriev's ghost
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
So they changed 'monument to non-existence' to 'Empire...OF DEATH". Wow, and I was worried they would change it to something cliché and stupid; they sure showed me.

Empire of Death. Awesome.

blackmage_nuke
02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Shadow's reputation has gone soft, he is no longer known to slit his own mama's throat for a nickel

abrojtm
02-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Yea, he'd kill his best friend for the right price or something to that effect. Pretty ironic with the whole Baram/Clyde thing, wouldn't you say?

Paul
02-14-2007, 10:35 PM
why is this translation sounding so bad when 4 and 5 advances were so good :(

Mirage
02-14-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think it's sounding bad. It's just different from the rushed and compressed original English script.

ljkkjlcm9
02-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I think the translation is spelling a lot more things out clearly. Plus a lot of the townspeople are a lot more obvious with "clues" as to what else is going on and where to go. I'm actually enjoy the translation. I always found it weird how Cyan mostly only said Thou when you first got him, but he's saying it more as the game continues.

THE JACKEL

abrojtm
02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
I dont' remember what Relm says when you talk to her aboard the Falcon in the original version, but now she will say "Come on! Lets go knock the crazy right out of that guy!"

"Relm: Let's do it!
Let's go get that madman!"

Dr. Acula
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Did they change any of the character portraits? I sincerely hope that, if they did, they don't look as horrible as FF4 Advance's ones did.

blackmage_nuke
02-15-2007, 08:53 AM
I dont know if this has been mentioned already but does the piece of paper on the table in the returner's hideout (the one you can choose to toss in the trash or leave) have any significance yet? It's still there

-

Mirage
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Did they change any of the character portraits? I sincerely hope that, if they did, they don't look as horrible as FF4 Advance's ones did.
They used the old ones, except for those who didn't have any.

DarkLadyNyara
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
So they changed 'monument to non-existence' to 'Empire...OF DEATH". Wow, and I was worried they would change it to something cliché and stupid; they sure showed me.

Empire of Death. Awesome.

*smacks forehead* Oh, god, they didn't. :( Shoot me. Now.

You know what? I'm gonna find the origional script, and just mentaly substitute the parts I like. :mad:

beanbag
02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
well i heard that u can get more espers
4 more i think
dose neone no who the espers r and what u can learn from them
i really want the game but i live in the uk :(:choc2:

Mirage
02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Emulation, beanbag.

The new espers are Gilgamesh, Leviathan, Cactuar and Diablos. Cactuar teaches no new spells, but Leviathan teaches Flood and Gilgamesh teaches Valor. Not sure what Diablos teaches.

Jowy
02-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Graviga, i.e. something you'll never use.

Mirage
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
No wonder I forgot about it then!

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 12:59 AM
However, Diabolos does give you +100% of the HP you gain at level up with him equipped. Meaning, you'll get double the HP you'd normally gain from a level up.

And at least Dark Messenger looks awesome. :/

Mirage
02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
It does, but by the time you get it, it's pretty pointless :p. By that time, most characters will have either enough strength or magic to cap the damage, and still have enough levels left to max HP by using Bahamut. MP seems to get maxed naturally anyway for almost all characters.

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 03:57 AM
Well, if you overlevel with crazy stat boosts, of course it won't be too terribly important...:cat:

Mirage
02-16-2007, 04:19 AM
That's not really important. Even if you enter with low levels, you'll want to wait until lv90 before you start boosting your HP. This is because the HP boost bonuses are percentages of your natural HP growth from one level to the next. 200% is twice the HP growth, so naturally, you'll benefit more from using this boost at high level rather than low levels, because you gain more HP per level at 90+ than you do at 50.

Stat bonuses like strength, however, are absolute. A +2 strength gained at level 50 is just as beneficial as one gained at level 90. That's why it's always smarter to do the stat boosts first, then the HP boosts. And what I said still applies, because at the end of Dragon's Den, you will most likely be lv80+ or so. At this point, your strength and magic stats will be so high that your damage maxes out, if you built your characters in a smart way. Therefore, you'll just have HP left worth boosting, and Bahamut is perfectly capable of making your HP reach 9999 before you hit lv 99. You could perhaps get there 5 levels earlier with Diablos, and thus get 10 more speed if you want, but that won't make too much of a difference anyway, as it doesn't affect your evasion or accuracy, only a small increase in atb speed.

Omega Sephiroth
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
So the text has been corrected? Sorry but there have just changed the old text and ripped off the text from SkyRender and RPGOne translation.

Also RPGOne never cut out any scenes like the Siren sprite and the Relm and Edgar scene...

Edgar"How old are you?" Relm"Ten".......Silence for about 5 seconds.....Relm" Silly randy man Relm is coming to" Edgar"Don't even think about it, its criminal"

Mirage
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
They broke the law, and instead of suing, S-E used parts of their work in an official release. They should feel honoured!

Omega Sephiroth
02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
But no credits to them? There worked and got nothing for there work...

Mirage
02-16-2007, 02:53 PM
They didn't get much for their work in the first place either, did they? Well, except being slightly known in fan-translation circles and a few gamers.

Thing is that even if some of their lines were copied into the new script, they hacked the room, changed the copyrighted material, and then released it to others.

And I mentioned in the other thread that it could have happened coincidencally, because it is a very big script, and the translators aren't writing a whole new story, they're translating what is already written, and sometimes there is one translation that just makes the most sense.

Omega Sephiroth
02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Room? You mean Rom right? Well the copy righted material was pretty crap anyway...No wonder Square(Now squareEnix) never took legal action.

ljkkjlcm9
02-16-2007, 05:12 PM
Room? You mean Rom right? Well the copy righted material was pretty crap anyway...No wonder Square(Now squareEnix) never took legal action.

Square never took legal action because they weren't selling it for money. And FFVI is hardly crap. Even if you're just talking about the text of the game, it still had memorable quotes.

THE JACKEL

Mirage
02-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes, I meant ROM, as that is what I've been using in most of my other posts.

What you think of the copyrighted material is pretty irrelevant, it's still not legal. And S-E was still making a profit off the game when the fan translations were made available, through first a PS1 port, and now a GBA port.

LoKuS
02-18-2007, 12:52 AM
I just got my copy today, cant wait to play!!

Dr. Acula
02-18-2007, 08:00 AM
They used the old ones, except for those who didn't have any.

Yay. I'm glad they left them.

02-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Also, could someone post Gogo and Relms lines? Since i didn't use them, I didn't see their dialogue.

Gogo says nothing.

Relm: An obnoxious grandpa... who I couldn't live without!

Fatkow66
03-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Idk if this has been said or if its not new but....you can run from pincer attacks once one sides gone

ljkkjlcm9
03-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Idk if this has been said or if its not new but....you can run from pincer attacks once one sides gone

you always could

THE JACKEL

Frostwake
03-21-2007, 04:14 AM
because you gain more HP per level at 90+ than you do at 50.

Actually this is wrong (unless they changed it for the GBA version)... Surprised no one mentioned it yet... The level in which you get the most HP is 70, from there on it goes downhill, and you end getting less HP at anything 80+ then you would get at 50:p

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/562865/39433

(I had so many typos in the original post.. had to edit it like 5 times LOL)