PDA

View Full Version : Randi?! Kefka?! NO WAY I HAVE TO HAVE THIS! *stabs cashier with bolts of love*

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Does that title even fit? Oh well. So after buying FFVI advance, I wander into the bookstore and to my amazement, I see the Retro gaming magazine. I pick it up skim through the entire thing not paying attention to much, then go back to the begining. Page like.. 5...

Book:
"Hero of the month: Randi"
Me: OH NO WAY!
"Appears in: Secret of Mana
Common Features:
Followed by Sprite Child and Spell-casting Woman.
Most likely too: find mana tree and sword
Least likely too: Reapear in the Secret of Mana sequal
Random facts: The only time the characters are actually named are in the starter guides, no name is given with in the game."
Me: Wow, I should get thi--- *turns page*

"Villian of the month: Kefka"
Me: --is.. KSANJGDLHBVJSAFC (random letters = shock) YES!!
"Appears in: Final fantasy VI
Common Features: Creepy laugh
Most likely too: Plunge the world in ruin"
Me: Oh mittens I love this magazine.
"Least likely too: Nuture an injured puppy"
Me: *loving*
"Random facts: One of the very few villians to actually suceed in destroying the world"

Me: OH MY GOD, I have to get home and get on EoFF now and hope that darn "Sephiroth is the best villian ever" thread is still there"

Needless to say, nothing else appealed to me in that magazine other than that, so I bought it.

Who else tends to buy things be it movies(like it has your favorite actor but the movie actually stinks) or books or magazines because of a couple little things? Would that make you an impulse buyer? Speak!
:razz:

Agrias
02-07-2007, 12:44 AM
zzzomg! kefka was also the only villain in that vg era to be given an evil laugh that is audible to the gamers. :O
plus kefka is just so damn cool, i luff him! i was waaaaay into playing twilight princess on my friends wii, so i went all out and bought an ocarina...lol, its blue and has the triforce symbol right above the mouthpiece like the original ocarina given to link by zelda. haha...yuuuup :kaolove:

Avarice-ness
02-07-2007, 12:47 AM
zzzomg! kefka was also the only villain in that vg era to be given an evil laugh that is audible to the gamers. :O
plus kefka is just so damn cool, i luff him! i was waaaaay into playing twilight princess on my friends wii, so i went all out and bought an ocarina...lol, its blue and has the triforce symbol right above the mouthpiece like the original ocarina given to link by zelda. haha...yuuuup :kaolove:

PLAY THE SCARECROW SONG FOR US!

I've been tempted to buy an ocarina because of Zelda.. I never went through with it though. I think it'd be fun to play Saria's theme on it. :razz:

Agrias
02-07-2007, 12:52 AM

PLAY THE SCARECROW SONG FOR US!

I've been tempted to buy an ocarina because of Zelda.. I never went through with it though. I think it'd be fun to play Saria's theme on it. :razz:
:kaodizzy: Saria's song is aaaa lot more harder than you'd think! reaaally..and there's several different variations! I'd have to look up the notes for the scarecrow song, lol. iii really wanna learn saibara's song..thats the name of the owl right? i think its saibara...:kaodrop:

oddler
02-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Kaepora Gaebora is the name of the owl, considering you're talking about the Ocarina of Time.

I'm a big fan of M. Night's movies. If one came out that I'd never heard of and I walked by it, I would probably pick it up.

Agrias
02-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Kaepora Gaebora is the name of the owl, considering you're talking about the Ocarina of Time.

YESH! :kaodrop: wtf how in the hell did i get saibara? lol! thanks for the correction :kaolaugh:

Freya
02-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Who else tends to buy things be it movies(like it has your favorite actor but the movie actually stinks) or books or magazines because of a couple little things? Would that make you an impulse buyer? Speak!
:razz:

I'm a sucker for those entertainment magazines. I just have to know what's going on in Brad Pitt's life! But then they turn out to suck but I continue to buy them anyway.

Tasura
02-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I am a hardcore impulse buyer "Ooooh dice *buys* Oooh, more dice *buys* oooooh pocky *buys in bulk* Ooooh something that I have no idea what it is *buys*" Yea, if I have money I buy stuff just for the sake of buying stuff.

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm a sucker for anything with David Bowie:love: involved with. I watched a crappy movie about a boy dying from cancer just because David Bowie was in it. I'll probably watch that new CG movie cause he plays the villain.

At conventions, I grab anything associated with FFVI (clutches art books:shifty: )

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Theres this Game where you farm. *Buys*

Xander
02-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I used to buy any magazine with even a small mention of Final Fantasy in it. I'll buy a magazine now on the odd occasion for something to do with Kingdom Hearts/some other game I like. Movies, I don't really buy, but I'll watch something if Thora Birch is in it :p

It would definately make me an impulse buyer with magazines and possibly other things. Though I've stopped lately. I was going to spend 5 quid on a magazine cos they had some retro article with sam and max, day of the tentacle, etc. It was a pretty cool cover. But I just read it in the shop instead hehe.

Iceglow
02-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Sometimes if I see a review on a magazine that interests me, such as the ff12 one on official uk playstation 2 mag. I'll buy it but in general I don't. I'm an impulsive person and if I see something I like the look off then I buy it regardless of the cost, "oooh nice coat, £120 I like it though...Sure why the hell not" I'm also pretty generous and if people really need something or if someone I truly care for wants something I will buy it for them no matter the cost if they can't or sometimes can get it for themselves I know that unfortunately some people have taken me for granted when it comes to this and when they do that I generally stop doing it.

Martyr
02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I impulse buy new types of candy bars.

I've bought random magazines with articles on Bobby Fischer, and also Sandra Bullock.

I Took the Red Pill
02-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I have to watch all Martin Scorsese films.

o_O
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I buy far too many CDs. I'll be looking for a specific album, and I'll see another three that look kind of cool, and buy them. It doesn't help that the biggest music store in the country is 50 metres from my workplace.

kikimm
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Anything to do with Nirvana. Especially Kurt Cobain. :-*

Also, Drakengard. But there isn't too much of that stuff floating around. Sigh.

Roto13
02-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I bought an EGM because it had Soul Calibur II on the cover. That's it.