PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear XX# Accent Core...

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Will arrived in america on the Wii in July.

OH THANK HEAVEN FOR THE WII!

JKTrix
02-07-2007, 12:42 PM
...wut?

Edit: GRAIN OF SALT (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165427.html)

Note the note at the bottom of the article.

MecaKane
02-07-2007, 01:16 PM
...wut?

Edit: GRAIN OF SALT (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165427.html)

Note the note at the bottom of the article.

Um guy, Joel thought Namco X Capcom was coming out when people were explicitly stating it wasn't, this isn't going to do much to change his mind.

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2007, 04:28 PM
The release is pretty much set in stone now. I mean there's a page for the US release on Game FAQs, you can preorder/rent it on gamefly.com, and I think sites like 1up and gamebrink are having official info reguarding it.

black orb
02-07-2007, 06:02 PM
>>> Finally a decent game for the wii..

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Uhh, the Wii has had good games on it for awhile, Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, it's jut that THIS ONE will kick all of their asses.

Dreddz
02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks Nintendo for ruining one of the greatest gaming franchises out today. I can only hope this is complete BS. If not. Worst news ever.

black orb
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
>>> I know Twilight Princess is a good game, its just that I`ve never been able to like Zelda games..
Good thing that the wii has that other controller, it would be truly a pain to play a game like Guilty Gear with the Wii remote..

JKTrix
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Nintendo for ruining one of the greatest gaming franchises out today. I can only hope this is complete BS. If not. Worst news ever.

I don't see how it's ruined. Just use a normal controller, won't be a big deal. Not every Wii game has to exclusively waggle, get it through your head.

Besides, I still don't see this 'confirmed' on any legitimate game site. As it says on that Gamespot article I linked to:

"Please note, while retailer listings frequently jump the gun on publishers' product announcements, they should not be taken as final confirmation of a game's existence; nor should the absence of a listing be considered as proof that a game isn't coming to a given platform."

Also, Red Steel is NOT 'Good Game'. Neither is Excite Truck. There are other 'Not Zelda But Good' games out there. DBZ is one of them (which also has 'normal controls'), but the game is actually enhanced with the waggle.

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Dreddz, put your Wii hate aside for a minute, they can't "ruin" a franchise just by putting it on a specific console, unless the console is actually bad that is. I doubht GGXX#AC will use the motion sensitivity anyway, it might let you play with the Virtual Console controller, or a gamecube controller, or probably let you play by holding the Wiimote sideways.

Dreddz
02-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Dreddz, put your Wii hate aside for a minute, they can't "ruin" a franchise just by putting it on a specific console, unless the console is actually bad that is. I doubht GGXX#AC will use the motion sensitivity anyway, it might let you play with the Virtual Console controller, or a gamecube controller, or probably let you play by holding the Wiimote sideways.

The Gamecube controller is horrible for fighting games, as is the Virtual Console controller. The limitations on the Wii are also a downer. Online was what I was hoping for in AC, but it seems very unlikely now its on a system with little to no chance of giving GG online play. Graphics arent that important, but on one of the two other consoles, the game would look amazing. People seem to look at 2D graphics as dated, but GG certainly proved everyone wrong on the PS2. It could of done the same on the 360 or PS3. Not the Wii.

While its unlikely, if they do happen to put any motion sensoring into GGXX#AC , I'd personally hunt down Reggie Fils-Aime myself and dangle him off Nintendo's headquaters in Kyoto with the Wii nunchuk around his throat choking him to then let go and watch him fall to his death just to express my hate towards the Wii, motion sensoring and everything Nintendo.

Im bummed out, but thank god it isnt X3.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Actually the VC controller looks like it can be a fighter's dream controller. It's basically a SNES controller with thumbsticks. Besides who says the Wii's not gonna have online multiplayer? It may not have any online games yet but if it has wifi and internet connectivity then it will eventually have online play.

Roto13
02-08-2007, 12:14 AM
*pops popcorn*

Markus. D
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
MITTO!

you must get this game !!!!!~~~

edit: and Dreddz... have you actually played a Wii? whats with all the anti-fandom. you remind me of a more appropriote version of a certain indavidual.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Anyway, on the game, HOLY ORDER SOL!

Slicksword45
02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
It would be funny if they came and all of a sudden said it wasen't coming

*Joins Roto in poping popcorn*

Markus. D
02-08-2007, 03:14 AM
I hope they build on the Isuka gameplay... I really liked that style.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Isuka gameplay? Dude, what are you smoking and where can I get some? Isuka had the most godawful gameplay a fighting game can ever want. Pressing R2 while standing still to.... TURN AROUND, standing still and pressing a button for turning around does not work in a game like Guilty Gear.

JKTrix
02-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Isuka was more of a 'Ruining' factor for GG.

Online play in fighters isn't all it's cracked up to be. The game that does it the best is DOA4 which slows down the action if there is lag, but then it becomes really easy to do the reversals and stuff. In the 'DOA community', there is a distinct difference in strategy between online matches and offline matches.

Pop online on Bleach DS (at least with me :P) and the action of the other character will often be so jumpy. If both ends have T1+ speeds or something, perhaps there would be less lag, but it's not often that you will match up like that.

Lag+fighting games does not mix as well as you might expect.

This is just limited to console online fighters, but even MAME Netplay is laggy. It's still great to be able to play with other folks, but if you were ever considering 'serious' play with these folks, online isn't ready for that yet.

Still, there is no official word that this is coming. The company, 'Aksys', that this has been linked with doesn't know anything about GG.

Dreddz
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Guilty Gear on the Xbox had online, and it worked fine.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I heard fighters like Guilty Gear XX#reload and Capcom VS snk 2 played well on XBox live. The biggest problem it had was that occasionally lag makes button presses time out, like you press the punch button and your character only punches about a second later.

Dreddz
02-08-2007, 09:35 PM
To think, if the Xbox versions of the games only encountered a few occasions of lag, then im sure a 360 version will be able to run a 2D fighter perfectly.

Were at the stage where all 2D fighters should be able to run 100% perfect. Its just tackling 3D fighters that is the problem ( which Im sure will be fine in the next few years ).

Lionx
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
From what i hear, Net code is what makes games online games lag.

Anyway i am extremely excited that GGXX:AC will be on the Wii, and unlike Slash be released here in USA and playabe with GC Controller, in which that case, its time to mod the joystick i have to connect with GC as well...in which i probably should mod it more for DC too.

Cant wait to actually have an hands on playing experience with the game outside other people living in Japan and get myself behind Ky, Sol, and the new beefy Order Sol.

Markus. D
02-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Isuka gameplay? Dude, what are you smoking and where can I get some? Isuka had the most godawful gameplay a fighting game can ever want. Pressing R2 while standing still to.... TURN AROUND, standing still and pressing a button for turning around does not work in a game like Guilty Gear.

it does 4 people in the one arena... thats what I meant about building on it. fixing and tweaking.

I will NOT let my GG turn into the DQ of Beat 'em ups where the gameplay stays the same!

Lionx
02-09-2007, 11:35 AM
The gameplay does not stay the same, there are new things added into each game that drastically affect tier listings and plalystyle. Isuka's style was just cumbersome...it was more of a party game than an actual fighting game. No one takes Isuka seriously...i mean really theres alot of bs in that game.

On that note, anyone seen the new Grave Digger loop? XP Testament toptier now.

JKTrix
02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Guilty Gear on the Xbox had online, and it worked fine.

If both sides had good connections. My connection is pretty good, but considering my distance to the rest of the world, my matches were always laggy. Same for Cap vs SNK2.

I'm sure it'll work better if people are geographically closer to you, which is what Xbox Live does. It tends to match you up with the best pipe you can get.

1 second lag is 60 frames. If that means anything to anyone.

Still... people don't get your hopes up yet! IT IS NOT CONFIRMED