PDA

View Full Version : Would you like an FF game with real-time battles?

Peter_20
02-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I've discovered a new favourite genre, Action RPG's. :love:
I've also realized that FF games would probably become even better if they featured the real-times sometime in the future.

How do you like that? :)
To me the biggest chore in FF games always seemed to be the slow ATB-battles.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
IF they did it right sure. Doesn't really matter if they do or not as long as its quality.

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, ATB battles aren't slow if you set the battle speed to the fastest setting...

Regardless, I would adore an action-RPG Final Fantasy.

Peter_20
02-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, ATB battles aren't slow if you set the battle speed to the fastest setting...Try FF9, the battles are horribly slow no matter what you do.

Regardless, I would adore an action-RPG Final Fantasy.So would i! :D

Darth Anarcus
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes.

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
What about FF11? Or FF12?

Bunny
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
FF12 still has hints of the ATB system.

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it was for one or two games (If Squenix wants to make me happy with Action RPG's keep Star Ocean and Seiken Denetsu coming;) ) I don't think I would like the whole series to switch over to it permanently. I find most ARPG's lack real strategy and eventually devolve into button mashing by the end of the games. I'm willing to see Squenix do more with the system though.

UltimaMasamune
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
FF versus XIII is an ActionRPG and look pretty promising (Nomura FTW)

Rikku X-2
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
that would be cool,but i don't want square enix making a new final fantasy after 13... they can re-make a final fantasy and probly do something like that....or a movie....

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
The whole action RPG thing sounds very cool...

aquatius
02-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I Heart the ATB and despise action battle.

Laddy
02-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Depends if it's good for an FF game, also, as long as it's still an RPG.....

Takara
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I can hear all the annoying fans bitch if they ever released another FF game that wasn't using ATB. Just look at all the complaining that ensued when SE dared to modify the battle system for FFXII.

Personally, I'm all for changes. As long as someone makes the annoying fans shut up.

Little Blue
02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Depends if it's good for an FF game, also, as long as it's still an RPG.....

I Heart the ATB and despise action battle.

I agree with these people. I answered yes as I would still buy it, but given that I'm not fond of action based games I would probably hate it and never play it again.

Zeromus
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Doesn't anyone ever remember the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games, those ones are action RPG...
And between the old black&white GB Final Fantasy games, the Final Fantasy adventure game was action RPG too... (i don't remember well if one of the FF legends series was this genre too, but the FF adventure of course it was!)

So i don't understand why making a thread about if we would like action-RPG FF when there already exist FF games with this battle system.

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Final_Fantasy_Adventure_GBC_ScreenShot4.jpg
http://www.kukman.republika.pl/FFNEW/FFAGB.3.jpg
http://www.goodgame.se/upload/gameguide/games/GC/finalfantasy-crystalchronicles/screenshots/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles6.jpg
http://www.thebuttonmasher.com/images/ffcc.jpg

Little Blue
02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Might be because those games aren't neccessarily part of what people may consider the "Mainstream" series (put in "" to emphasize that this is a subjective definition), in the same way that some people ignore the Classic FF's when they talk about VII or above.

Just a thought...

Zeromus_X
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Final Fantasy Adventure is actually the first Seiken Densetsu (___ of Mana) game.

Zeromus
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Might be because those games aren't neccessarily part of what people may consider the "Mainstream" series (put in "" to emphasize that this is a subjective definition), in the same way that some people ignore the Classic FF's when they talk about VII or above.

Just a thought...

yeah... i think... but i think people who consider theirselves FF gamers should know those games exists and of course have played them (i'm talking about the old ones)...
Why does almost everyone just play the new games only and they say they are gamers???

Sorry, this doesn't have to much connection with the thread, but wanted to put it... =P ...i don't want to offend no body...

Final Fantasy Adventure is actually the first Seiken Densetsu (___ of Mana) game.

Yeah... if u play it, u notice that this one has a lot of the Mana series, and also, the japanesse name (i don't remember it well) it was a FF and Seiken Densetsu related tittle. But anyways it's an FF game...
If the people at Square later considered they could make a great series aside the FF series from this game, it's just a great thing apart...
But it was an FF game at the beggining and with that tittle it was released by Square to us (Square can not make mistakes on things like that, it was their idea then).

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Final_Fantasy_Adventure_GBC_ScreenShot1.jpg

Stunt
02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
If we were still able to have all the abilities and moves we can with out real-time battles, then sure.

Remedy
02-19-2007, 09:36 AM
YEAH I trust FF games all the time
so bring the action RPG on

cloud_doll
02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
No way! i love the ff battle system! making it ARPG just wouldn't be right >.<

ljkkjlcm9
02-19-2007, 11:25 PM

Yeah... if u play it, u notice that this one has a lot of the Mana series, and also, the japanesse name (i don't remember it well) it was a FF and Seiken Densetsu related tittle. But anyways it's an FF game...
If the people at Square later considered they could make a great series aside the FF series from this game, it's just a great thing apart...
But it was an FF game at the beggining and with that tittle it was released by Square to us (Square can not make mistakes on things like that, it was their idea then).

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Final_Fantasy_Adventure_GBC_ScreenShot1.jpg

So is it FFVI or FFIII? Is it FFIV or FFII?
See you can't use that argument, because it's not true. For years I told my brother that it wasn't FFIII on the SNES but it was FFVI. He said, "It says FFIII on it, so it's FFIII." Then when I got FFIII DS, he was like, oh cool, the one for the SNES. Of course I just laughed at him and said no, cause I had explained it to him a billion times. Just because it's named something here, doesn't actually make it that.

Like the first Fire Emblem released in America was for the GBA, simply called Fire Emblem, but it was far from the original Fire Emblem.

THE JACKEL

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah, because everyone totally didn't slate Crystal Chronicles. Ungrateful curs.

"Paint me kupo!"
How could you not find that awesome?

blackmage_nuke
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Final Fantasy Adventures is not a final fantasy, they changed the name when they translated it to english to sell it more because it would have to name on it. It's original name means legend of the holy sword or something.

Anyway to me it wouldnt feel like a Final Fantasy without the ATB system. It would be cool if square made another real time rpg but i would think it better to name it something else other than Final Fantasy.

-

MikeL Valentine
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure. :eep:
I think FF12 has a really great fighting system and I also love the fighting system of Kingdom Hearts (maybe my favourite fighting system). :cool:

boys from the dwarf
02-23-2007, 10:26 PM
If FFs system became like X-men legends leveling and battle system. no i wouldn't want real time battles but FFXIIs ADB seems great and im sure FFCCs battle system was suitable for an FF.

but this is all assumptions because i've not played FFCC and not played FFXII (yet.)

Sefie1999AD
02-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I really liked the real-time action battles in Kingdom Hearts and Seiken Densetsu 3, so if done correctly, action RPG style battle systems could turn out to be very good.

sockmonkey
02-25-2007, 04:02 AM
I think it could work in FF if they were only done when a Character has to have a dramatic one-on-one storyline motivated battle.

oddler
02-25-2007, 05:04 AM
I think it could work in FF if they were only done when a Character has to have a dramatic one-on-one storyline motivated battle.

Ew. Gonna have to disagree with you there. Keep the battle style the same throughout, please. I hate style changes part of the way through games. Anybody play Sword of Vermillion? I hated how it was normally Dragon Warrior style but, at boss fights, it turned into a sideview action battle. It's impossible for a change like that to be fluid so I'd rather not have it at all. :p

The only "bad" thing about action RPGs is that you can only control one character at a time. Sure, you can set preferences but you can never truly act as two characters at once. Most Final Fantasy games would be hard to pull off without a party of some sort. From there, you get into multiple players and you just have a FF:CC all over again. If they could pull it off, of course I would like it. The idea is great.

TLOZ + FF = :love: To see a game with the puzzles and environments of Zelda with the mechanics (exp, hp, mp, magic), familiarities (chocobos, airships) and game length of FF would be a dream.

boys from the dwarf
02-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Odd Eye brought up a good point when he said you can only control one character at a time. perhaps a way to select 2 or more characters and make them attack at the same time or perform a sort of special combo.

FFXII has combos. i wouldn't know because im getting it later today but my friends brother told me about something his friend did and said he did some ridiculously high damage for the point of the game against a boss from a lucky combo.