PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite series?

Timster
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Alright, I wanted to make this thread to see what kind of TV-series you all watch (:rolleyes2 duh!). I think that I got most of the popular ones in the poll but if I missed your favourite, just post it!:p

Personally I like Friends the most!:) In fact!...the others don't even come close to being as good as friends. I just love Ross, Phoebe, Rachel, Joey, Chandler and Monica, there's not a single episode that's boring. Too bad they quit making new episodes...:cry: :(

But anyway, what's your favourite?

Kirobaito
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I put "Other", because my favorite TV show is <i>Lost</i>.

ama124
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Grey's Anatomy, i love that show. I'm totally addicted :)

escobert
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Other: Scrubs.

Drift
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
"Never mind the Buzzcocks" and "Mock the week" both british and great for once :]

Breine
02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
My all-time favourite is definitely Buffy, the Vampire Slayer. But I also love the following shows (random order): Angel (duh), Friends, Will & Grace, South Park, The Simpsons, Alias, Scrubs, Firefly, Xena, Drawn Together, Family Guy etc.

Sadly, many of my favourites have been taken off the air.

Bunny
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Veronica Mars. ;_;

Timster
02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I knew that i forgot some series, i was going to put up lost, veronica mars, scrubs and will and grace, but my computer screwed up so i had to redo the poll, and i forgot those series... well anyways it's fun to see what they are, though i'm hoping that friends will get more votes:p

EDIT: You know... somehow it feels like the "Other" option is going to win, win BIG...

Zeldy
02-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Hollyoaks, desperate housewives & friends.
Hollyoaks is my favourite though.

Timster
02-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Ahhh MAN! I forgot desperate housewives too!!!!!!!!!!! you know I almost don't wan't to see the post because i keep remembering which options i forgot:p

EDIT: YOU KNOW I'M GETTING A BIT PISSED OFF, i just remembered that i forgot OC and One Tree Hill too, but i think that those were the last that i forgot... hopefully they were...

Vermachtnis
02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Seinfeld, Scrubs, Family Guy, Boston Legal, those kinds of shows.

Raistlin
02-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Other: House, Colbert Report, Daily Show, South Park

Dreddz
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Out of the shows listed, I'd pick The Office. But not the sucky American version, the superior British version.

MoonsEcho
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Out of the ones listed, CSI is by far my favourite. I don't have just one favourite show, though; I also love Scrubs, One Tree Hill, Smallville, ER, and House. Especially Scrubs and House.

NeoCracker
02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Daily Show, Colbert Report, And I used to watch a lot of The Drew Carry Show and Whose Line is it Anyway? when they were still on.

Laddy
02-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I put "Other", because my favorite TV show is Lost.
QFT, Genius.

Polaris
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I like CSI, The Simpsons, Family Guy and Friends.... arghhhh it's to hard to pick :cry:

Chloe.
02-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Ummmm, I'm going for...Friends. :bigsmile:

chrisfffan
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
you should put the sopranos on here! thats mine

Hazzard
02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Well at the moment, what im watching is: desperate housewives, prison break, ugly betty and i dont know if people know this show but its called Shameless

chrisfffan
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
that’s sick humour don’t go to the north of England that’s all i will say ha ha

4evarisha
02-07-2007, 10:09 PM
All the way Charmed best show I love it!

Rocket Edge
02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Out of those, The Simpsons & Friends. Lost & The Soprano's are my favourites though.

blim
02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
QI for me, most tv is terrible for so many reasons

Dr Aum
02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't watch TV, but the original Star Trek series is a classic that will always make me feel warm and fuzzy, not unlike a microwaved guinea pig.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I cannot believe the omission of Battlestar Galactica.

Miriel
02-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Right now, it's The Office and Grey's Anatomy.

The Office is probably the best show on television right now (network at least) and certainly be the best comedy. Grey's Anatomy may be silly and soap opera-ish but I loves it. I really do.

blim
02-08-2007, 01:45 AM
US version or english Office

Venom
02-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Family guy.

Slothy
02-08-2007, 02:38 AM

Agreed. The fact that it's not on the list makes me want to cry. I voted other, and of course by other I mean Galactica. Best show on TV. Don't believe me? Just put "best show on TV" into google and hit "I'm feeling lucky." I may spout lies like a major artery does blood when cut, but google wouldn't lie.

Miriel
02-08-2007, 02:39 AM
US version or english Office

I don't believe the UK version of The Office is even airing new episodes anymore. Didn't the show close years ago?

Anyway, U.S. version, which is far better anyway (I've watched both versions).

Dr Aum
02-08-2007, 02:52 AM

Agreed. The fact that it's not on the list makes me want to cry. I voted other, and of course by other I mean Galactica. Best show on TV. Don't believe me? Just put "best show on TV" into google and hit "I'm feeling lucky." I may spout lies like a major artery does blood when cut, but google wouldn't lie.

I actually did this and read the article. I have now decided that I must watch Battlestar Galactica if only because it features Edward James Olmos, who played one of my favorite supporting roles in movie history (Gaff in Blade Runner).

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 03:21 AM

I actually did this and read the article. I have now decided that I must watch Battlestar Galactica if only because it features Edward James Olmos, who played one of my favorite supporting roles in movie history (Gaff in Blade Runner).

That undeniably amazing fact is about 1/8th of the tip of the icing on the iceberg-cake.

Bunny
02-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I have both the first and second season of Battlestar Galactica, bought them on a whim, but I missed so many episodes of season three that I have resigned myself to just buying or downloading the entire season when it comes out on DVD. =(

Galbadian Soldier
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Drat!! I chose 'I don't watch tv' when I should have chosen other. The only show which I thought just about every episode is worth watching... Arrested Development. It truly was/is a good show.

I was pissed when it ended.:mad:

Grendal
02-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't own a TV. Which probably seems odd to most people... It really amazes me how much time the average person wastes in front of them.

Hazzard
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Does any watch stargate SG1 as well, cause i think thats a good programme

Burtsplurt
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Out of those listed, 'The Office'. I can't believe people think the US version is better. Maybe in the same way that Frasier or Will and Grace or Ugly Betty are hilarious (they're not).

My all time favourite is Star Trek: TNG.

Timster
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I knew the "other" would win by a landslide so i've decided to leave this poll open for a bit longer and then close it and pick series which get the most votes and add a couple of new options which i missed which also got many votes (in the "other" option) to create a new poll to determine which series is THE most popular one. Any objections?

Anyway I was hoping friends would get more votes, you know... i don't know WHY people don't like friends, it's soooooo goooooood:bigsmile:? GO FRIENDS!:love: :heart:

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't own a TV. Which probably seems odd to most people... It really amazes me how much time the average person wastes in front of them.

And you play your consoles how...?

Edit: On a more on-topic note, it's not a waste of time if it's enjoyable.

GeneralSapphire
02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Does Wild at heart count? i love that, and say that my mums boyfriend will take us to Africa and we will meet a Du Plessi!yay

Slothy
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM

Edit: On a more on-topic note, it's not a waste of time if it's enjoyable.

Agreed. No more a waste of time than reading a book or something as far as I'm concerned. As long as you aren't watching stuff like Jerry Springer anyway; then, yeah, it'd be a waste of time.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I favourites include lost, greys anatomy and prison break

Im really warming up to heroes, i like house, smallville's ok and Veronica mars is good and...yea thats about it

black orb
02-13-2007, 08:03 AM
>>> Kamen Rider series, the most amazing tv series I have ever seen..

pinkmage
02-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Spaced

Hows that for a slice of fried gold?

escobert
02-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Out of those listed, 'The Office'. I can't believe people think the US version is better. Maybe in the same way that Frasier or Will and Grace or Ugly Betty are hilarious (they're not).

My all time favourite is Star Trek: TNG.

Not all of us find them funny :p

Darkja
02-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Star Trek Voyager and TNG! also arrested development.
/

Slade
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Friends. And here's proof (http://fanart.eyesonff.com/showphoto.php?photo=682&cat=500&ppuser=12679)

Grendal
02-13-2007, 12:44 PM

I don't own any consoles.

On a more on-topic note, it's not a waste of time if it's enjoyable.

I didn't mean it in that context. What I meant is that too much time is wasted on this interest which could be better invested in other things. It's fine if a person wants to watch TV, but my complaint extends to compromising your physical (and possibly mental) health in doing so.

It's just kind of creepy to me... If I had to see a person simply sit around watching TV all day, I'd feel as if they're wasting their life on something so trivial and unimportant. Yes, the same may be said about video games, but as I said in the first paragraph -- this complaint extends to people who abuse this interest. It seems like television addiction has become so casual and commonplace now that people can sit in front of their TVs for more than a third of their lifetimes without it ever crossing their minds. That scares me.

I Don't Need A Name
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Personally I like Friends the most!:) In fact!...the others don't even come close to being as good as friends. I just love Ross, Phoebe, Rachel, Joey, Chandler and Monica, there's not a single episode that's boring good. Too bad they quit making new episodes...:cry: :(

personally, i hate every program on there, especially friends (well, Star Trek is ok, but i dont really watch it) i just put other, cos Waking The Dead obviously kains them all (SO much better than CSI)

Madame Adequate
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM

No consoles, yet you criticize others?! :p I guess that makes sense though.

I didn't mean it in that context. What I meant is that too much time is wasted on this interest which could be better invested in other things. It's fine if a person wants to watch TV, but my complaint extends to compromising your physical (and possibly mental) health in doing so.

It's just kind of creepy to me... If I had to see a person simply sit around watching TV all day, I'd feel as if they're wasting their life on something so trivial and unimportant. Yes, the same may be said about video games, but as I said in the first paragraph -- this complaint extends to people who abuse this interest. It seems like television addiction has become so casual and commonplace now that people can sit in front of their TVs for more than a third of their lifetimes without it ever crossing their minds. That scares me.

Well... yeah, that stands to reason. If you do something so much it's bad for you, then it's unwise (Arguably, but I'm not going to get into existentialism here :p). I'm still not gonna stick my oar in and comment unless my opinion is solicited, or unless I know someone personally, however. As ever I simply have no interest in how someone spends their private time. If they wanna sit in front of a TV for 8 hours a day, more power to them. Doesn't bother me, doesn't even affect me.

I Don't Need A Name
02-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I dont mean to sound offensive, but why join a forum about a series of computer games when you dont own a console, therefore you dont play them :confused: (sorry for the off topicness)

on topic:
Personally, i would probably like British Detective dramas (as i have stated) and english sitcoms (such as My Family)

Araciel
02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
hell yeah i picked star trek...cause of all the spin offs

Kyri
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Out of that list it's family guy, but my favorite tv show is The O.C.

Zeldy
02-14-2007, 12:01 AM
that’s sick humour don’t go to the north of England that’s all i will say ha ha
:mad2:

Mr. Graves
02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
I've been getting into Law and Order: SVU, Monk and Psych for the past six months from watching USA network. I'm also liking Scrubs from the reruns they show on Comedy Central.

Doomie
02-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Raistlin's got it right. House is the greatest.

Mirage
02-14-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't watch much TV, and when I do, it's some random interesting stuff on Discovery or National Geographic.

I dont mean to sound offensive, but why join a forum about a series of computer games when you dont own a console, therefore you dont play them :confused: (sorry for the off topicness)
1. He could have owned a console in the past, perhaps even his own TV.
2. Emulation.
3. All of the above.
4. None of the above.

Nominus Experse
02-14-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't watch television.

However, I do watch movies and anime series compiled on DVDs or computer files, so it's not as if the television is completely silent. Simply most of the time.

ThundagAuron
02-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Futurama FTW!

StarlightAngel
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Grey's Anatomy. Because I get to stay up an hour later than usual to watch it.

Shlup
02-19-2007, 12:55 AM
ama124, Chocobo_head*, and StarlightAngel are smart.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/b9/300px-Greystitle.jpg

Yamaneko
02-19-2007, 01:02 AM
I don't really watch TV anymore 'cause I have all the good Simpsons' episodes on DVD and a couple of Seinfeld DVDs. The shows I would normally view (24, The Shield and House) I don't have time to watch during the weekdays when they air so I'll just download them and enjoy them on the weekend.

I probably spend about a half hour to an hour a week in front of the TV.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I picked 'Other' cause my favorite show is Heroes. :D

Rye
02-19-2007, 02:29 AM
My favorite is House, but of those listed, Seinfeld. :]

Gnostic Yevon
02-19-2007, 03:16 AM
I picked "other", for Heros and Boston Legal. I like Trek, and sometimes I like Brainiacs (it's on every once in a while).

I can see the point of too much TV. I think there are plenty of addicts out there. Own your TV, instead of it owning you, and you're fine. Have a beer and relax.

Ramza Beoulve
02-19-2007, 04:00 AM
DOCTOR HOUSE!!!! :D