PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of LOST and Beyond

Pages : [1] 2

Laddy
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Okay, today/tonight LOST starts back, and this is just a thread about the next part of Seanon 3. So, post away! Oh, I'm excited! :D:D:D:D:D

Kirobaito
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Someone's gonna die.

Roto13
02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
The episode tonight is about Juliette, right? Damn, it comes on at 11:30 here. :/

blim
02-07-2007, 11:11 PM
missed half of season two and not sure when we get season three over here, sod it i'll not watch it and get the dvds

Laddy
02-07-2007, 11:14 PM
missed half of season two and not sure when we get season three over here, sod it i'll not watch it and get the dvds
Good idea, that's a good example for missers.

Kirobaito
02-08-2007, 04:33 AM
I have no evidence to support this, but about a week ago I changed my death call from Ben to Danny. I'm so awesome.

Moon Rabbits
02-08-2007, 05:34 AM
First Lost episode I've actually enjoyed in a long time.

When Sawyer tackled that guy guarding the Hydra, they did that scene SO good. I winced when the poor guys head slapped off the floor.

Anyways, not ALOT was revealed, but I like Juliet more and more~ Also, the room they were holding Alex's boyfriend in (I forgot his name) made me laugh so hard, yet it was ridiculously creepy.

Del Murder
02-08-2007, 05:50 AM
I hope ABC loses a lot of viewers due to the new time and large gap between episodes and they switch it back to 9:00. 10:00 is too late for an old man like me.

Laddy
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought it was pretty good... next episode looks fantastic.

McLovin'
02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Flashes Before your Eyes (the next episode) looks really great.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow, I thought this latest episode did a lot to improve things. It seems like the series is actually beginning to move forwards again in terms of plot.

Dreddz
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Episode kinda sucked. Maybe Im finally realising that Lost is a complete waste of time.

Del Murder
02-10-2007, 01:46 AM
I didn't think it was very good, but at least stuff is happening. No more JKS episodes please.

Rye
02-10-2007, 01:50 AM
I couldn't even bother watching it, I lost all my passion for Lost. House now, imo. ;o

Psychotic
02-10-2007, 02:47 AM
I didn't think it was an especially poor episode, and I liked the scenes with Kate, Sawyer and Alex, as well as Jack and Tom. However, Juliet's flashbacks were just tedious, and not even Ethan could save them.

I agree with the others who have said the next episode looks like it could be a good one. Here's hoping.

Leeza
02-10-2007, 02:51 AM
I think every episode is great. Some are just greater than others. Ha! No pun intended. :)

Laddy
02-10-2007, 06:45 AM
I wonder who'll die...

McLovin'
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Paulo I bet.

Madame Adequate
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I hope ABC loses a lot of viewers due to the new time and large gap between episodes and they switch it back to 9:00. 10:00 is too late for an old man like me.

What are you, Raistlin? :p

Anyway I thought this was a pretty great episode, the best of season 3 so far. But as I've said before, I bet Lost will look much better in retrospect when people don't have to wait a week for the tiny bit of plot that gets revealed each time. Still, even without those revelations the episodes are good enough within themselves to keep me hooked. Besides, I've already invested plenty into Lost, so I'm going to want to stick with it just to validate said expendeture.

Del Murder
02-10-2007, 05:29 PM
What are you, Raistlin? :p

I know I think I'm smarter than I actually am, but not by <i>that</i> much.

Levian
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I want to discuss Lost but you sillies are ahead of Norway, so I can't read this thread and it's killing me. :(

Episode 5 next wednesday~

Vincent, Thunder God
02-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Positive Comments:

First Lost episode I've actually enjoyed in a long time.

When Sawyer tackled that guy guarding the Hydra, they did that scene SO good. I winced when the poor guys head slapped off the floor.

Anyways, not ALOT was revealed, but I like Juliet more and more~ Also, the room they were holding Alex's boyfriend in (I forgot his name) made me laugh so hard, yet it was ridiculously creepy.

Wow, I thought this latest episode did a lot to improve things. It seems like the series is actually beginning to move forwards again in terms of plot.

Negative Comments:

Episode kinda sucked. Maybe Im finally realising that Lost is a complete waste of time.

I didn't think it was very good, but at least stuff is happening. No more JKS episodes please.

That's quite the controversial episode. I didn't think it would receive such mixed reviews.

Moon Rabbits
02-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Really? I didn't think it looked that interesting. Oh well, at least it's a break from JKS. If they had cut out the INSANE amount of unneeded parts in the JKS episodes, I wouldn't mind still watching them. The last episode, while good, was too little too late, and I'm still kinda sick of JKS+Others episodes.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Really? I didn't think it looked that interesting. Oh well, at least it's a break from JKS. If they had cut out the INSANE amount of unneeded parts in the JKS episodes, I wouldn't mind still watching them. The last episode, while good, was too little too late, and I'm still kinda sick of JKS+Others episodes.

Yeah, same here, but it least the whole situation has been partially resolved last episode. They did drag it out, but they could have dragged it out much longer. I'm grateful that it has been resolved sooner.

Miriel
02-12-2007, 03:52 AM
I had a chance to do a Q&A session with a couple writers who used to work on Lost (now work on Heroes) and they admitted that they've made mistakes with Lost by dragging out the "mysteries" and not resolving things in a timely manner.

I think that's the main problem with Lost. It takes ages and ages for it to get anywhere. And once they do give explainations about certain things, the explainations aren't really that great.

In any case. I didn't watch last Wednesday's episode. I figure I'll watch it all online eventually. I've just sorta lost interest.

Laddy
02-15-2007, 02:40 AM
A new episode's coming soon, oh, I can't wait.

McLovin'
02-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Ohhhhhh that was SUCH a good episode.

Look like we know who is gonna die next then eh. :) There is some Final Destination logic in there too.

Still...we really don't know how Desmond can see the future or if he really did time travel OR why he woke up naked in the jungle.

But this is how I see it:

Desmond said the flashes never stopped and we know that he can interact with his flashes. So had a "flash" when he turned the key and didn't know how to react to it so he interacted with it ya?

I think the writers may have just given us a big clue as to how the series might end.
So maybe Desmond somehow ends up back in the hatch with Kelvin, just before he followed him to his boat and killed him, maybe he decides not to follow and pushes the button instead. Disaster averted, plane doesn't crash.

Also remember how Des kind of predicted to Jack that Sarah was gonna be okay? Well what if that was all just another flashback that he interacted with!?

Time travel really does give you headaches. :/

Roto13
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
If Charlie dies I'm going to start punching people.

McLovin'
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Charlie probably will die on his flashback episode.

Which I believe is Episode 17. So we have awhile to wait. :)

Laddy
02-15-2007, 10:11 PM
This is my thought...

Desmond can time travel, and he change people's fate at a temporary fate, but it WILL come.

I believe people die when they overcome something(s) Examples...

Boone-He got over his sister and gained self-confidence.
Eko-He realized a lot of his acts were not entirely wrong.
Shannon-She started to love others, and receive love in return.
Charlie-No more drug addiction and he starts to regain faith.
Ana Lucia-She had an open option to kill Henry/Ben like she's done in the past, but decides no too.
Libby-Don't know enough about her.

Just me, though.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I believe people die when they overcome something(s) Examples...

Boone-He got over his sister and gained self-confidence.
Eko-He realized a lot of his acts were not entirely wrong.
Shannon-She started to love others, and receive love in return.
Charlie-No more drug addiction and he starts to regain faith.
Ana Lucia-She had an open option to kill Henry/Ben like she's done in the past, but decides no too.
Libby-Don't know enough about her.

Just me, though.

That's a good point because it could be the Universe self-correcting, as the woman said in Desmond's vision, and as he said himself.

If they hadn't landed on the Island, none of those people would have come to their realizations, and to the transformations that would change their lives and fix all their problems, just like Desmond was trying to do but couldn't.

McLovin'
02-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I think you are wrong that he can time travel.

I think he has already lived EVERYTHING on the island from the moment the failsafe key was turned.

Think about it this way.

Des turned the key. His "life" flashes before his eyes right? Well also what flashes was an alternate reality where he didn't turn the key. So when he goes about on his days he see's differences in this alternate reality and present reality (ie Desmond saw that in the alternate reality lightning struck Claires tent killing Charlie so he changed it.) That is how he can "future see" and that is why the "flashes never stop."

Tell me what you think.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-15-2007, 11:46 PM
I think you are wrong that he can time travel.

I think he has already lived EVERYTHING on the island from the moment the failsafe key was turned.

Think about it this way.

Des turned the key. His "life" flashes before his eyes right? Well also what flashes was an alternate reality where he didn't turn the key. So when he goes about on his days he see's differences in this alternate reality and present reality (ie Desmond saw that in the alternate reality lightning struck Claires tent killing Charlie so he changed it.) That is how he can "future see" and that is why the "flashes never stop."

Tell me what you think.

Well, that's exactly what I thought too at first (I kept trying to convince my sister of this until the end of the episode) but I think now that the whole vision was just the Island telling him that things couldn't have turned out well no matter what he would have done to keep his relationship with Penny.

The flashes are merely coming every once and a while as a symptom of him using the failsafe key, but he hasn't lived through all that.

Moon Rabbits
02-15-2007, 11:59 PM
I think it was silly of the writers to introduce something like time travel into a storyline that already makes little to no sense.:greenie:

As for the episode, it was too much Desmond not enough on the island.

On the Charlie thing: YAY! I hate him so bad.

McLovin'
02-16-2007, 12:01 AM
How the hell are they gonna scientifically explain this?

MecaKane
02-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't think Charlie's going to die, the island already saved him once! He was totally dead after Ethan hung him, so maybe the island gave Desmond the ability to see the future so he could protect Charlie, because the island operates outside the rest of the world anyway! Or something. :love:

Vincent, Thunder God
02-16-2007, 12:24 AM

They won't. It's not like they've been trying to keep the show scientific. They had polar bears on a tropical island, for one. And most of their medical scenes are completely innacurate.

Madame Adequate
02-16-2007, 09:24 AM
As for the episode, it was too much Desmond not enough on the island.

On the Charlie thing: YAY! I hate him so bad.

There's no such thing as too much Desmond.

And Charlie is great.

I'm pretty sure they're not angling for being published in Nature here.

McLovin'
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Uh actually the shows producers said that everything will be explained and it will be explained SCIENTIFICALLY.

As for the polar bear: Don't you think that they were shipped in and then studied? Got used to the terrain? When DHARMA left the Polar Bears ran free?

MecaKane
02-16-2007, 01:14 PM
They can just say he's got a brain thingy like on Medium, if scientific explanations are in order I'd be more concerned with Locke's walking, and the black old lady's curing cancer. :eek:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Holy frak what an interesting episode!

Someone made some theory about the flashbacks...like what if they actually are occuring at the 'lost' time like desmond, the people actually go back to that specific time and relive that moment...only they dont know it yet! I guess thats what he was talking about when his life 'flashed' before his eyes!?

And psh charlie wont die....atleast i hope not...his episodes (atleast since season 2) has not done him or his character justice!

Laddy
02-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Charlie never was the BEST character for me. I don't hate him, I actually like him, put his death will probably only provoke a tear or two. The again, that's probably my universal feel for every meh-they-are-pretty-decent-character in LOST.

McLovin'
02-22-2007, 05:11 PM
This episode was crap. Sure we got to see that the kids were doing alright and the Other's have a utopia type thing going on but really...Jack's tattoos...yay...

MecaKane
02-22-2007, 10:48 PM
The asian bitch was deadly, I think she fucked Vince Chase in Entourage! :love:

Laddy
02-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Meh, alright. I just hope we have some decent things go on here...

Moon Rabbits
03-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Was it my T.V. ... or did they just make an entire episode about a car? :Oo:

Del Murder
03-01-2007, 05:24 AM
Oh Lost, you used to have something going.

McLovin'
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I think it was a nice episode. Mainly to get away from DHARMA and the Others for a bit.

However this episode didn't answer much but a new jigsaw puzzle about Lost was solved that relates to the blast door map! Read about here:
http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2007/02/jigsaw-puzzle-decoded.html

And here is a link to the blast door map if you want to see how the words match up in the sentences:
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x17/blastDoorMap.jpg

Laddy
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow, that's interesting...

Miriel
03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
If anyone is interested, I got to be a part of a Q&A session with the executive producers of Lost. It's long, but it's pretty interesting, especially because they didn't censor themselves. They weren't talking to the media, just to a classroom of film students so they were pretty open and frank about everything.

There is one major spoiler that they revealed but it's not something that couldn't be guessed, and it's already circulating on other Lost-centric sites, so yeah.

Also, I was trying to type as fast as they were talking, so it's a bit jumbled up. There were times when I wasn't sure who was saying what, but I tried to credit the answers to the right people.

Q: New york times article, both Heroes and Lost provide an alternate reality for those who don’t fit comfortably in there own society.

A (Damon Lindelof): Yes absolutely. Most of the characters are uncomfortable in their own skin. Scared, ambivalent, angry. Interesting to watch on tv. A departure from the lawyer, cop, television shows. We have characters who have this feeling that they are different from other people. What makes you essentially smurfed up makes you interesting to watch on TV.

Q: Originally, this concept came from someone at NBC and they brought you in. So what you’re doing today, are you going in a different direction from the original idea, or the same direction?

A: The show has come significantly further than the original concept of people stuck on an island. How to make “survivor” a TV drama. Idea came from the head of ABC. I don’t think we would ever have come to a network with the idea of a plane crashing on an island.

Q: Flashbacks, do you always envision flashbacks in the future of the show? How did you overcome the flashbacks stopping the action?

A (Carlton Cuse): The flashbacks are very liberating. We see them as little short films. We’re telling a character story every episode, and making it character centric. The flashbacks also allow a new viewer to come in and see the flashbacks as self-contained stories.

Q: Hurley's flashback in this episode

A (Carlton Cuse): Hurley needed hope, and he saw completion on the island that couldn’t have been resolved back in his old life. We see the island as offering the characters tests and resolutions.

A (Damon Lindelof): We attack a story by using flashbacks and basically “activating” a character. During the writing process, we decide what is going to be in the flashback first and then find a way to tie it in with what is happening on the Island. Without the flashbacks, you’re not getting the real thematic, character, elements of the show. We get our chops busted a lot, (nothings happening, story isn’t advancing) but for us, the show IS the flashbacks, all the dharma stuff, the island stuff is secondary. What’s priority for us is understanding why the characters do what they do. The advancement of the mythology of Lost is secondary to the characters.

Q: To the composer, what is the process for scoring Lost

A (Michael Giacchino): In a sense, I feel like I’m writing an invisible script. Writing something that supports what they’ve done. It’s very operatic. All the characters have a theme, some have multiple themes, like Hurley. Those themes come and go as the characters act a certain way. For me it’s about building these thematic moments that match with the story.

Q: Should we as viewers be conscious of the music?

A (Michael Giacchino): Well the way I write the score is that I don’t watch the show the whole way through. I go scene by scene and react to the scene, stop the show, and write for that scene. This way I can get the true emotion of that moment.

A (Damon Lindelof) : I think the music sounds very different from everything else on TV. He does it with a live orchestra that’s rare in Hollywood these days. There’s real resonance there. Michael is making it up as he goes along. Beautiful organic quality to it.

Q: Biggest mystery to lost is whether the writers of lost are making it up as they go along.

A (Carlton Cuse): We do have a super structure for Lost, but we don’t know how much longer lost will go on. Two seasons, three seasons, we don’t know. And it would suck to plan everything in advance and not go with the flow of the writing process. We like to react to everything that happens during the writing and shooting process. Desmond is an example of that. He was only supposed to be in a few episodes, but we loved the actor so much that we kept him around and wrote a whole story around him. Why would you want to limit yourself to a strict plan?

A (Damon Lindelof): The big picture has all been laid out, the question is when to reveal these parcels of information. And hopefully the studio lets us end the show when we creatively want to.

Q: Composer, do you ever write something that you feel is too over the top?

A (Michael Giacchino): Yeah, sometimes. The feeling on Lost is that less is more. The story is so good already that I don’t need lay it on too thick. Sometimes I’ll have just one note on a harp. But other times like the launching of the raft, you can just pour it on.

A (Damon Lindelof): There’s a mysterious sonic quality to lost that transcends whats on the written page.

Q: Sometimes you keep characters on longer than you intend, and others who leave sooner than you intend. I’ve read quotes about mistakes you felt you might have made like with Eko. True or no?

A (Damon Lindelof): It's funny how you get quoted sometimes. Essentially what I said was that I wanted Eko to have died differently than he did. Real life intervenes and with Eko, we were the victims of circumstances that we can’t control. The only regret we have is that eko didn’t sign on for more episodes and because he didn't sign on for more, we didn’t get to play things out like we wanted and write the death the way we wanted.

Q: Influenced by things online, fans.

A (Damon Lindelof): We are cognitive of which characters are popping and which aren’t. Boone and Shannon were the first casualities of Lost, because in the writing room, we had a harder time writing for these two younger characters. We have Shannon who is essentially the Paris Hilton character, and Boone who is just this pretty boy guy. And because they were younger characters, they didn't have the depth as the older characters. So it was harder to write for them. What we eventually did was tie them in with the older characters. Boone became Locke's acolyte and Shannon got tied in with Sayid. So when she died, it opened up the things we could do with Sayid's character. We haven't killed people off because the fans demanded it, but for the first time this season, we had characters that fans really weren't happy with. And so our decision to kill these characters spectacularly was based on the viewers pure hatred of these characters.

Q: How much do you have to do with all the products outside of lost but are tied in with lost, books, online material, etc.

A (Carlton Cuse): All that stuff stems from us, but we actually have specific people whose sole job is to deal with all the additional material. We have to make sure that everything outside the show is still canon with the show.

A (Damon Lindelof) : Part of the evolution of what’s happened is that all the studios are out to be the first to conquer the digital domain. So there’s all kind of pressure to come out with things like webisodes and stuff for mobile phones. For us, our concern is to make sure that the stuff that comes out with the Lost brand doesn’t completely suck. There’s enormous market for this. The studios and everyone recognizes that this is going to be a future market.

Q: Can this shape how you design or execute the series?

A (Bryan Burke): I think ultimately on a creative level, it’s a weird thing to have so many off shoots of the mother ship. I think that immediately when a show begins, there has to be someone assigned to creatively take charge of all these off shoots so that it stays consistent with the big picture.

A (Damon Lindelof): I think the bigger issue is that people don’t like to be told what’s cool. People like to discover something, decide they like it, and ask for more. We don’t want to force anything down anyone’s throats. People started demanding webisodes etc. rather than us introducing it ourselves.

Q: Criticsms of promos promising more than the episode itself can offer

A (Carlton Cuse): It’s a very sore subject. The promo last week was ludicrous, I sent out a lot of angry emails. It was a real oversell.

A (Damon Lindelof): It was pouring gasoline on the fire of discontent. People are already discontent that we don’t answer enough questions, so we don’t need promos that promise things we can’t deliver. “I HOPE YOU WEAR A fucking DIAPER CAUSE YOU WILL :skull::skull::skull::skull: YOUR PANTS OVER THIS EPISODES!” I mean, Hurely finds a bus. That’s it. I mean, as a show watcher itself, I take issues with the promos of 24, which show only the last minute of 24. The promo guys, their job is to get people in the seats.

A (Carlton Cuse): I was listening to KROQ and people were just ragging on the promos, it sucks.

A: Heroes really stepped up with the promos game (and they’re actually delivering on those promises) and ABC is playing catch up. Since Heroes has done so well with their promo campaign, with all these promises of something big happening, and something big does happen because they're in their first season and they're able to carry through, ABC saw that and just made the assumption that they need to make the Lost promos bigger and more explosive, even when the epsisodes don't reflect that. The next episode with Sayid is HUGELY revealatory but by the time we get to that, people might not believe the promos.

Q: Mythology, genre

A (Carlton Cuse): We do dip into the well of the ‘jouney’ story.

Q: Nikki and Paulo why did they appear out of nowhere?

A (Carlton Cuse): There was a lot of drugs involved during the writing of that show.

A (Damon Lindelof): You know when you get really hungry and you go to the super market and you buy a bunch of food, and you eat one snack and by the time you get home you find that you're not hungry anymore? We had really good intentions with Nikki and Paulo, but when we brought them on the show, we found that we were full. We intended to show these other characters who we haven’t heard from before. Another beach community that lives apart from our main characters. Nikki and Paulo would be members of that group. But because we tried to shoe horn them into those first few episodes where there was already a lot going on. As soon as they appeared on the screen, viewers had a violent reaction to them, who are they? How DARE they speak on this island when we don’t know who they are? We got a very vitriolic, negative reaction to them. Thus the spectacular deaths. So, lesson learned. When you do any serialized show, there’s gonna be missteps. If there aren’t mistakes, the show isn’t being bold enough.

Q: Ana Lucia, Libby deaths why were they killed off so suddenly? Did it have to do with outside forces?

A (Carlton Cuse): DUIs? No. That’s not the reason we killed them off. Michelle came on with a one year deal, and so we already knew we were gonna kill her off. And we didn’t want to do it on the season finale. We wanted it to be before the finale so we could play off their deaths prior to the finale. We had the feeling that Ana Lucia’s character wasn’t beloved enough that her dying wasn’t going to be powerful enough on its own, so we added Libby’s death (a sympathetic character) to make it more emotionally powerful.

Q: Why do you think your ratings our down?

A (Carlton Cuse): It’s a mystery based show, and a lot of people won’t stick around when there’s no specific end point in sight. We don't know when the series will end, so we don't know when the mysteries will come to an end. And secondly, once the immediacy of “WHATS IN THE HATCH?” question was answered, viewers slowly petered out.

A (Bryan Burke): It’s also a show that started at 8, then 9, now it’s at 10. Two hours later is late. What was great about the 8 oclock time slot was that parents could watch this with their kids and so we had a much younger audience tuning in the first season.

A (Damon Lindelof): A big factor is a factor of commitment. Lost is essentially someone who you have a crush on who will not commit to you. They’re fun to date for awhile, but eventually you’re gonna sit them down and ask them where it’s all going, and if the show looks at you and says “hey, you just gotta stick around and more good times and see where this goes” you might not stick around. But the show owes it to you to make a commitment and say exactly where it’s going. The fans are owed that. I hope we CAN find out from the network when lost will be kept until so that we can start making plans and making that commitment for where this is all going.

Q: Casting

A: We reverse engineer casting. 3 years ago today, we didn’t have a cast. And we were sorta making up roles and people came along and auditioned. Yun Jin, came in and auditioned for Kate, and we loved her so much that we created a character for her. Same with Hugo and Dominic.

A (Damon Lindelof): Quite simply, when you’re casting a show, you’re building a team. We wanted a really great cohesive team. Like when casting with Juliet, we wanted her to be threatening as an other but also vulnerable, and most importantly, we wanted her as a love interest for Jack. So when we were casting for Juliet, we saw a lot of great actresses but we really needed someone who would work well against Jack's character.

Q: Are you just trying to put out a great show or is there some great cosmic message to lost.

A (Carlton Cuse): I think we use the show to explore issue in our own lives. Issues of faith, etc. But I don’t think we’re pretentious to say that we’re trying to deliver a message. I was once in a film class where a student was asking a director about all the symbolism of a piano that kept appearing in his movie, and he pauses, looks at the student and says, “It’s a smurfing piano”. I think it’s great that people blog and theorize about things but our IQs aren’t that high to be credited for all these little meanings that people find.

A (Damon Lindelof): Sometimes a boar is just a boar on the show. But we do add easter eggs for fans to find. We don’t want to force our meanings onto the show, we want it to be subjective and different for people.

For all you tl;dr people, I bolded the most interesting parts. At least, the stuff I found to be the most interesting.

Laddy
03-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Ooh, that sheds some light on some reasons for things...

Vincent, Thunder God
03-04-2007, 05:38 AM
I thought the last two episodes were filler. The first 2 episodes were great because a lot was happening and there was a fair amount of action and suspense. However, in the last 2 episodes nothing happened ! I hope they're not reverting to main problem with Season 2 - the feeling that the story wasn't moving forward enough.

Laddy
03-04-2007, 05:45 AM
I agree, I like some themes of episodes, or, at least, make the episodes more interesting. Make the last episode less about a car and make you feel more for Hurley's determination and quest for hope.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-05-2007, 04:45 AM
I agree, I like some themes of episodes, or, at least, make the episodes more interesting. Make the last episode less about a car and make you feel more for Hurley's determination and quest for hope.

I understand that it was an important theme for Hurley's character, but the writers didn't have to make the whole episode about that, or the entire last episode about Jack's tatoo. Both episodes could have combined, and even more could have happened if they kept it short, and had flashbacks for more than one character in an episode.

Laddy
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
I agree, it's a shame. Oh well, we get to see Sayid's flashback, so, I'm excited!

Del Murder
03-08-2007, 02:40 AM
According to hannah's interview, this episode is supposed to be highly revealatory. So we'll see what their definition of that is tonight.

Laddy
03-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Oh God, please be. :)

Moon Rabbits
03-08-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm alright with what was revealed tonight. HIGHLY revealatory? No. Fleshing out things we already knew? Yes. Meh, Heroes paces itself so much better.

Oh, and they killed Ms. Clue. This is so NOT valid. :mad2:

Vincent, Thunder God
03-08-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm alright with what was revealed tonight. HIGHLY revealatory? No. Fleshing out things we already knew? Yes.

Agreed. Still, it was a large improvement on the two episodes before it. Still not as good as the two episodes that kicked off the season, but a fairly good episode all things considered. Also, the flashbacks with Sayid were great. The revealed something that was important, whereas previous flashbacks have been somewhat pointless (i.e. Hurley's flashback, Jack's flashback).

Miriel
03-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm alright with what was revealed tonight. HIGHLY revealatory? No. Fleshing out things we already knew? Yes. Meh, Heroes paces itself so much better.

That's because Hereos is structured in a completely different way than Lost. Different, even from every other show out there. Heroes is structured to be shown in volumes as opposed to seasons.

The real test for Heroes will come next season when characters from this season won't be making a return. I can already see the kind of fan outrage that will ensue. :o

McLovin'
03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
So...the DHARMA Initiative is really all gone...

Ben and the Other's are all the "hostiles."

The Flame was useless since all the equipment was broken and none of the numbers were functioning so I guess entering 77 was good because now the Others can't communicate with the outside world either.

Laddy
03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
I guess it is...

Moon Rabbits
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
No one is as outraged as I am about Ms. Clue's death?

Laddy
03-11-2007, 02:23 PM
No, I am not as outraged as you.

Madame Adequate
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I was quite pleased with her death :jess:}

And come on, Mikhail Bakunin.

Del Murder
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I finally caught up with the last two episodes. Watching episodes online is awesome.

The bus one wasn't that bad, it was at least better than Jack's tattoo episode. The Sayid one was good too, though as usual his flashback didn't really develop anything. It wasn't 'highly' revealatory but it at least moved the story along.

Leeza
03-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Now they're bringing the Russians into it. That was not expected for me, unless I missed something.

Del Murder
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I think the guy just happens to be Russian.

Leeza
03-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, Ms. Clue also seemed to know it well and she didn't need to if they both spoke English.

Laddy
03-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Good point.

Kirobaito
03-15-2007, 06:12 AM
No talk about an excellent episode?

I recall saying, oh, almost a year ago that Jack and Claire were siblings. It feels good to be right about something like that.

Can't wait for next week. We finally get to find out why Locke is paralyzed!

Roto13
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Locke cooked a dude from the inside out.

Friggin' right.

Laddy
03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I feel identical to Kirobaito. :)

Madame Adequate
03-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Friggin' right.

That was severely badcore.

Del Murder
03-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Jack playing football was hilarious.

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Okay, the last episode was so fucking good. SO FUCKING GOOD.

I, like many others, totally called the Claire = Jack's half sister thing. The security parimeter around the Others' camp was so badass <3 So was Mikail's death, even though he was damn fine~

Claire breaks my heart, especially when she was crying in the end. I was all :(

I still hate Charlie and Desmond.

And Jack playing football was indeed roflwaffles covered in lolsyrup.

Levian
03-18-2007, 02:21 AM
Oh my god, that was so exciting. I thought I was just going to die when they climbed over the fence. My sweet little Kate can't ever die! and it was fun to see some guy riding on a bike there. xD Also exciting the whole Charlie thing, despite the supernatural parts of it. I've always liked the Final Destination movies anyway.

There's one thing I wonder, though. I've asked this question to the ones I live with, and they're all split on this:

Who's your favorite character?

Mine is Kate and Sawyer, interesting characters with interesting flashbacks, in my opinion. Charlie & Jack in a close second, I guess. Good characters, but rather boring flashbacks.

Kirobaito
03-18-2007, 03:29 AM
Oh my god, that was so exciting. I thought I was just going to die when they climbed over the fence. My sweet little Kate can't ever die! and it was fun to see some guy riding on a bike there. xD Also exciting the whole Charlie thing, despite the supernatural parts of it. I've always liked the Final Destination movies anyway.

There's one thing I wonder, though. I've asked this question to the ones I live with, and they're all split on this:

Mine is Kate and Sawyer, interesting characters with interesting flashbacks, in my opinion. Charlie & Jack in a close second, I guess. Good characters, but rather boring flashbacks.
It used to be Locke, but his season 2 wack-out turned me to Sawyer, for his nicknames alone.

Speaking of Sawyer, here's another theory to connect two characters: the "real" Sawyer is Locke's father.

Roto13
03-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Didn't we see the "real" Sawyer in one of his flashbacks? Working a taco stand or some junk?

Vincent, Thunder God
03-18-2007, 04:22 AM

Friggin' right.

That was severely badcore.

Locke must have had some reason for doing that. He's been making a lot of wierd decisions for quite a while, and it's been making me wonder what his plans are - part of me wonders if this whole "Sacrifices for the Island" thing isn't getting a bit out of hand. In Season 1 he was a kind, fatherly figure with good advice and a great influence - epsecially towards Charlie, but now he's starting to seem as if he's scheming and plotting at the expense of the others.

It used to be Locke, but his season 2 wack-out turned me to Sawyer, for his nicknames alone.

Yeah, seriously... he completely changed in Seasons 2-3, and I agree, in Season 1 he was my favourite character, but now he's just starting to seem overly supernatural and mystical - he's no longer kind, insightful and down-to-earth. He also seemed wise, and was the one with survival experience in Season 1 - now he's just lurking in the background as the advocate for the Island.

For a while he had given up on the Island and was trying to destroy the hatch - I thought that, along with his return to Charlie's conflict with drugs, might be a return to his old character, but now Eko, one of my favourite characters, is gone, and Locke thinks due to the implosion of the hatch and Eko's death that the Island is once again the be all and end all to his motives. :eep:

I've grown to like Sawyer more, now that I understand his character more - I like Jack less, and characters like Kate, Sayid, Charlie - they're about the same.

I really thought that some of the new Season 2 characters like Lizzy and Eko had a lot going for them, and I think they could have developed into great characters if they hadn't been killed off. It was pointless to go to all the trouble of introducing members from the other end of the plane just to kill them off, especially when they had so much to offer - especially Lizzy, who appeared in Hurley's psych ward. That would be such a cool connection to explore further.

Kirobaito
03-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Didn't we see the "real" Sawyer in one of his flashbacks? Working a taco stand or some junk?
No. I don't remember the names, but there was a mobster-like character that had told James Ford (our Sawyer) where to go to find the "real" Sawyer, but after he shot the man described (who worked at a shrimp stand), the man said something like, "I was going to pay back [name of mobster-like character]." In other words, James Ford had been conned into being a hitman for this mobster-like character, and the man he had shot wasn't the real Sawyer at all. I hope that makes sense.

The real identity of "Sawyer" is still unknown, and just like Jack and Claire being siblings, the "con-man" similarity between the real Sawyer and Locke's father, Anthony Cooper, is too coincidental to just be that - a coincidence.

Leeza
03-18-2007, 05:51 AM
My favourite character would have to be Sawyer as he is never boring and has something going on... followed by Hurley. :cat:

Levian
03-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Did they ever find Jack's father's corpse on the island? I need to watch season 1 again soon.

Kirobaito
03-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Did they ever find Jack's father's corpse on the island? I need to watch season 1 again soon.
They did not. By now, it would have been pretty awfully decomposed.

Maxico
03-18-2007, 11:02 PM

I gather it's pretty standard proceedure to do that whole embalming and preserving deal before they put the body in the coffin.

Del Murder
03-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Jack's father better the hell be dead, because that episode looked pretty definitive. If they bring him back I don't know how they could explain it.

Laddy
03-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I like Sayid, Kate, and Jin. :)

I realized, every time a hallucination of someone is on the island, the body's usually on the island as well.

Ex. Walt, Yemi, Christian

Levian
03-19-2007, 02:06 AM

unless it's stuck underwater! :D

Thanks for clearing up, fellow crazed Lost fan. :mog:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-19-2007, 12:36 PM
as the eps go im lovin lost more and hating locke more!

what the hell is he thinking? has he gone completley bonkers imean seriously around episode 3 of this season when boone sent him on his mystical hallucination journey i was like oh cool "season 1 locke's" back but now his just a plain fool his endgame better be good and his paralysis story better be good too!

saying "oops" after killing a guy....seriously!?

i love the whole sayid, kate, danielle (meh and locke) team up though

and whats up with jack!? and the twist, though expected about claire and jack was great

Madame Adequate
03-19-2007, 09:26 PM
saying "oops" after killing a guy....seriously!?

It was pretty clear that Mikhail knew plenty about Locke - more than Locke wanted him to know. It wasn't just a 'random Other' Locke got rid of.

McLovin'
03-20-2007, 06:44 PM
We have been led to believe that when the monster manifests itself into some form that form is usually dead and once it has been manifested that form (body) usually disappaears. (ie Christian's body, Yemi) I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up Ana Lucia's grave and found that she was gone...

Also I have a theory for those who are not scared enough to read about how John got paralyzed and how Patchy (Mikhail) knew him.

The Man from Tallahassee is the name of the surgeon that diagnosed Locke's paralysis from the waist down. Locke is paralyzed in a confrontation with one of the followers of his father. Anthony Cooper murders Helen after she threatens him with telling the police of his position. Anthony Cooper has been calling Locke and asking him to cover it, with threats.

In revenge Locke pursues his father in his car, Cooper escapes but John continues and crashes into a crag. He survives but he remains paralyzed. Also Mikhail Bakukin was one of the witnesses of the accident which is why he knows Locke.

Sergeant Hartman
03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I can't believe they killed that Russian dude :(

'Why are we continuing to play this little game, when it has already gone to the next stage!'
*throws jar of ice tea*

Kirobaito
03-21-2007, 12:11 AM
We have been led to believe that when the monster manifests itself into some form that form is usually dead and once it has been manifested that form (body) usually disappaears. (ie Christian's body, Yemi) I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up Ana Lucia's grave and found that she was gone...

Also I have a theory for those who are not scared enough to read about how John got paralyzed and how Patchy (Mikhail) knew him.

The Man from Tallahassee is the name of the surgeon that diagnosed Locke's paralysis from the waist down. Locke is paralyzed in a confrontation with one of the followers of his father. Anthony Cooper murders Helen after she threatens him with telling the police of his posi<b></b>tion. Anthony Cooper has been calling Locke and asking him to cover it, with threats.

In revenge Locke pursues his father in his car, Cooper escapes but John continues and crashes into a crag. He survives but he remains paralyzed. Also Mikhail Bakukin was one of the witnesses of the accident which is why he knows Locke.
Well, Mikhail knew Locke because the Others know ALL of the characters - they have a huge file on Jack, about his life before he came onto the island. What's to stop them from having one on Locke, which would definitely contain the fact that he was paralyzed? I thought this fact was pretty apparent. The producers said that <i>one</i> of the Others would show up off of the island. That already happened with Ethan. I doubt Mikhail truly knew John Locke off the island.

Your story of how Locke would be paralyzed is plausible, though.

Laddy
03-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Not bad, Magus Of Zeal...

McLovin'
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I am just throwing this out there but I think Anthony is on the island with the Others.

Kirobaito
03-22-2007, 04:03 AM
That was a sweet episode.

After Locke entered the condo, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

And when Ben decided to show Locke what "came out of the box", it was pretty obvious who/what it was going to be.

McLovin'
03-22-2007, 05:13 PM
OH YEAH!!!!!!! STRIIIIIKE!

But how the hell did Cooper get on the island!?

Kirobaito
03-22-2007, 05:57 PM
OH YEAH!!!!!!! STRIIIIIKE!

But how the hell did Cooper get on the island!?
One would assume we'd find out. I'd imagine as a con-man and attempted murderer, Anthony "Sawyer" Cooper would be fleeing from the CIA and US Marshals, resulting in a lot of travel. It's not insane to assume that that would take him to somewhere in the south Pacific, and perhaps ending up on the island somehow.

Moon Rabbits
03-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Excellent episode, although I predicted all the major plot twists.

Preview said someone dies, my predictions:

Locke
Kate
Charlie

I added Charlie just because I hate him. Yeah, though, I think a major character is gonna die, as in one of the big 5 (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Sayid). I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be Locke, since he's sorta had his story fleshed out and I think he's gonna have personal closure etc. soon with his Dad on the isle and all, and the trend of those dying after personal growth/closure/etc. has already been pointed out 1000 times.

I listed Kate just because I'm getting death vibes from her :D~

But, if neither Kate nor Locke die, one of the aforementioned five will. Or Charlie, please.

And the preview with Sun saying "Then we'd have to dig another grave" and then totally owning Sawyer, it got me stoked for next week.

Kirobaito
03-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Nikki and Paulo die. They are universally hated, and will suffer painful deaths. I guarantee it.

And I've been thinking a bit more, about "The Box", and what's happened on the Island.

The Island is a place where a person can have their deepest, most heartfelt wishes granted. The Island helps people to get that.

What does Locke want more than anything else? For his legs to work again, so he can finally go on his "Walkabout" that was denied to him (NOT his father... more on that later). He has accomplished that.

What does Kate want more than anything? To be free. To be able to communicate and interact with people without the bonds of her crimes and past mistakes. The Island gives her that.

What does Jack want more than anything? (This hasn't manifested itself yet) He wants family that he can be with. He never found that with his father. What does the Island bring him? A sister that he's naturally gotten along with and cared deeply for.

What does Rose want more than anything? She wanted a healthy honeymoon with her husband, as their first one was a disaster. She got that.

Lastly... what does Sawyer want more than anything? What has he always desired? He wants to get revenge on the man who ruined his life. Frank Sawyer. What does the Island do? Brings Frank Sawyer to him. "Anthony Cooper" isn't on the Island for Locke. He's on the Island for Sawyer.

There are still other kinks to work out in this, such as Ana-Lucia, Libby, Hurley, and Eko. This might have to do with who is on "Jacob's List", or one of the "Good Ones", as Ben puts it.

Just something to ponder on.

Madame Adequate
03-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Lastly... what does Sawyer want more than anything? What has he always desired? He wants to get revenge on the man who ruined his life. Frank Sawyer. What does the Island do? Brings Frank Sawyer to him. "Anthony Cooper" isn't on the Island for Locke. He's on the Island for Sawyer.

I had the same thoughts, but you summed it up better than I could have.

McLovin'
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
But then we are going into a more "the island is magical" type explanation when it all can be explained logically (except for the connections between people, that TPTB said we don't need to explain).

Yes it is Nikki and Paolo who die but they aren't really dead:

They get bitten by spiders which paralyze them and thus the castaways bury them, thinking that they are dead.

Also its obvious why Sun is talking to Sawyer like that. She finds out about her kidnapping in Season 2 by Charlie. If she tells Jin, Jin will kill sawyer for doing that to his wife. So instead she punches him. :D

Spiffing Cheese
03-23-2007, 09:12 PM
The Kate/Jack scene was creepy. Jack is creepy and I heartily dislike him. I liked him in the first season (at least SOME of it) but eurrrrgh. He seems to completely change every episode.

Lost is kinda losing it. It's still one of my favourite shows and I'll keep watching it, but it has gone downhill.

And my favourite characters are Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Charlie. I love Charlie. :(

Kirobaito
03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
But then we are going into a more "the island is magical" type explanation when it all can be explained logically (except for the connections between people, that TPTB said we don't need to explain).

They get bitten by spiders which paralyze them and thus the castaways bury them, thinking that they are dead.

Also its obvious why Sun is talking to Sawyer like that. She finds out about her kidnapping in Season 2 by Charlie. If she tells Jin, Jin will kill sawyer for doing that to his wife. So instead she punches him. :D
Paolo will get shot in the head.

They're as good as dead.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2007, 12:40 AM

They're as good as dead.

Great.

It's just so the writers can keep up the annoying trend of introducing new characters only to kill them off shortly afterwards. Not that I like Nikki or Paulo, but I liked Libby and Eko, and they were both needlessly killed. I think it would be sort of pointless to introduce yet MORE characters in Season 3 and kill them too. They shouldn't have bothered with Nikki and Paulo in the first place.

Del Murder
03-24-2007, 04:14 AM
I thought that was a pretty sweet episode.

Spiffing Cheese
03-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The Locke back story was awesome and I liked the episode apart from the Jack parts. I wish he would die sometimes. :(

Levian
03-24-2007, 02:45 PM

How do you guys know that? Or are you just guessing?

I thought this was a nice episode, Locke's past is finally starting to get interesting. Don't know why he blew up the submarine, though. That was pretty silly.

Laddy
03-24-2007, 02:48 PM
God, don't kill Paulo and Nikki, good lord, why? Because they have an on-island flashback next episode!

MecaKane
03-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Nikki and Paulo die. They are universally hated, and will suffer painful deaths. I guarantee it.
No!
They're only hated by teenagers with the damn "what are you doing in MY group" mentality.

Kirobaito
03-24-2007, 08:40 PM

How do you guys know that? Or are you just guessing?

I thought this was a nice episode, Locke's past is finally starting to get interesting. Don't know why he blew up the submarine, though. That was pretty silly.
Magus of Zeal is just speculating. I know because, well, I do. (I don't mind being spoiled, and spoilerfix has said spoiler on it).

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-25-2007, 12:36 AM
What an awesome episode!

i have a feeling that Sayid might die actually, his already made his peace with himself...i think

Laddy
03-25-2007, 02:55 PM
What an awesome episode!

i have a feeling that Sayid might die actually, his already made his peace with himself...i think
Me too. :cry:

Kirobaito
03-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Good call by Magus. Where did you get that spoiler? The only spoiler I found, which was obviously wrong, was from spoilerfix. Pretty sick episode. And the embodiment of a filler.

Roto13
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
So are those two actually dead now? Buried alive, eh? That's... creepy. Imagine if Hurley knew he'd accidentally killed two more people.

McLovin'
03-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok the producers said that this episode would answer a "big mythological question" about the island. Anyone catch it? I sure as hell didn't and I'm pretty pissed at how crap this episode was.

Oh and the show is definitely foreshadowing that someone is soon to die or something with the monster sound Nikki heard. Must mean the monster is coming for someone! :) Me guess it's Charlie.

Did anyone notice that Ben and Juliet did NOT climb down the hatch ladder? This also hints at underground tunnels which were technically confirmed on the Cable map Sayid got.

Oh and Nikki is hot.

Kirobaito
03-29-2007, 05:51 PM
The death is definitely Charlie. He's been rumored to be snuffing it for about a year now, and he's completed his story arch. He's got an episode coming up, too.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-31-2007, 04:41 AM
and all for diamonds lol

lol that was creepy at the end...she kinda opened her eyes last minute too! Indeed the embodiment of a filler episode...ad yea obviously the monster is comming for someone! I still think its Sayid!

and whats the deal with Kate? she chose Sawyer (remember the cage sex?!) and now shes done a 180 going back to choosing Jack again!? (well going by the promo a good cat fight is in order lol)

i was like wtf when she said fra-dazzle or something...i actually thought she was a stripper, she was hot though!?

There is one thing though....they were mentioning something like the boss she was working for was really the enemy in the show 'expose' (very alias like) it was mentioned twice (again...by hurley) maybe someone on the island isnt who they say they are (abit of a stretch)!? but meh this episode was alright...a shame Nikki and Paulo was universally disliked!

Last thing...if nikki would let the venom run its course and get paralyzed in the jungle you think their fate would've been the same?

Laddy
03-31-2007, 08:11 PM
You are acting as if you know for sure Paulo and Nikki are as good as dead. Maybe they are, but don't be so sure.

McLovin'
04-01-2007, 10:02 AM
There was a lot of foreshadowing in this episode. One VERY apparent one was that Mr. Zuckerman (the director guy) said to Nikki something then she said "you know what happens to guest stars." At which he replies "we could bring you back next season."

There you go. Nikki will be back in Season 4.

OH and aaaagggghhhhh there is going to be another Jack flashback. :mad:
Fortunately the writers have said this episode is one of those mind blowers...so....

Madame Adequate
04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Fortunately the writers have said this episode is one of those mind blowers...so....

:o We're going to find out why Jack keeps his hair short?!

Craig
04-01-2007, 12:18 PM

:o We're going to find out why Jack keeps his hair short?!

Maybe he met a mystical barber who sees into peoples minds and then cuts their hair.

Laddy
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
We'll find out why Jack has such wicked awesome facial hair, just like Jin, Charlie, Desmond, and Charlie.

Del Murder
04-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Magus of Zeal is just speculating. I know because, well, I do. (I don't mind being spoiled, and spoilerfix has said spoiler on it).
:)

I thought that episode was pretty good. I liked how they integrated those two into the past storyline. I'm pretty sure they're dead, from hannah's USC interview above the writers said they killed these two characters because fans hated them. They could be 'back' though much like other dead characters come back occasionally for flashbacks.

charliepanayi
04-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I loved Sawyer repeatedly saying "who the hell are you?!" to Nikki in the last episode XD

Moon Rabbits
04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
It's a shame that Nikki and Paulo's deaths were so awesome, because after that episode I actually didn't mind their characters. That had to have been the best death ever, much better than that Eko dribble.

McLovin'
04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
This was an alright episode, not much that made me go wow.

We learned the true purpose of the security fence when it was used by DHARMA at least. We know that the Others or at least most of them do NOT know about the smoke monster. We learned what this "white light" John saw. What is it doing, taking their pictures or what?

Spiffing Cheese
04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I love Sawyer. "I just came by to say your baby... he's not as wrinkly as he was a couple weeks ago!"

Kirobaito
04-05-2007, 09:27 PM
This was an alright episode, not much that made me go wow.

We learned the true purpose of the security fence when it was used by DHARMA at least. We know that the Others or at least most of them do NOT know about the smoke monster. We learned what this "white light" John saw. What is it doing, taking their pictures or what?
Juliet could have been lying when she said that.

Del Murder
04-06-2007, 06:10 AM
She said she was lying so that Kate would feel closer to her.

This episode wasn't very good.

Moon Rabbits
04-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I thought the episode was pretty good. Kate dislocating Juliet's arm made me squirm.

No.78
04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh my GAWWWD, Kate VS Juliet... BOTH rounds, where freekin awesome. And Juliet VS Dark Cloud Smoke Thing... BWWWWOOOOOWWWWMMM...

So yeah I liked this episode. But I was lookin forward to a Kill Bill style escape from being buried alive by Nikki, not so much Paulo, he can stay dead... (then again it was nice to see him swimming topless lol)

Spiffing Cheese
04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Nikki was insanely annoying, and I'm very happy she's dead. :)

Craig
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I know what happens in the series finale!

Or, atleast what I dremt happened:

All the losties are hauled up in a building, when they see Jack, Kate and Sawyer running towards them having escaped the Others.

Locke and his son are having an argument and his son runs out of the building. As he does this Ben and a bunch of others come round the corner with guns.

Ben shoots one of the losties (An extra) and takes Locke's son hostage with a gun to his face. Then he shouts to the losties asking for his sandwiches back, but they refuse. Jack, Kate and Sawyer climb into the building and Jack picks up a gun and points it at Ben.

Then the screen goes black and you hear a gun shot, not knowing who was shot. The episode ends.

Del Murder
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow that sounds awesome!

Creeping Death
04-09-2007, 02:26 AM
The next episode of lost is a juliet flashback that has some very important reveals that will give us a much better sense of her true intentions,and from what i read there will be a pretty major reveal in nearly every episode until this seasons finale.:)

Del Murder
04-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Is this coming from NBC or the Lost writers? Because NBC's hypes are full of crap.

Laddy
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't know. I hope it's the former.

Levian
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Kate is hot :redface: Every episode should be about Kate. Heck, they should rename the show Kate and give her something to be angry about in every episode. I like it when she's angry. :mog:

and ditto what Moon Rabbits said about Nikki and Paulo.

What was up with all those freaky dinosaur noises? This episode was like part Lost part Jurassic Park.

also the smoke monster is stupid.

Miriel
04-09-2007, 07:23 PM
You are acting as if you know for sure Paulo and Nikki are as good as dead. Maybe they are, but don't be so sure.

No, I'm pretty sure that they're dead dead dead.

That was a pretty gruesome death though, the writers really followed through on their promise. I loved it. :D

Dreddz
04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
What was up with all those freaky dinosaur noises? This episode was like part Lost part Jurassic Park.

Im sure those sounds must of been taken directly from Jurassic Park. They are exactly the same almost.

Moon Rabbits
04-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Is this coming from NBC or the Lost writers? Because NBC's hypes are full of crap.

The hype is coming from NBC, about the reveal and all. But it is a Juliet-centric episode.

Del Murder
04-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Well a Juliet episode is better than a Kate episode.

Levian
04-10-2007, 06:36 AM
is not! :shoot: The only thing better than a Kate episode is two Kate episodes.

McLovin'
04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
They still haven't revealed who will have the episode 19 flashback. Strange...

The last episode's title has been confirmed as: "Through the looking glass"

Roto13
04-12-2007, 04:45 AM

The hype is coming from NBC, about the reveal and all. But it is a Juliet-centric episode.

Why is NBC hyping Lost?

McLovin'
04-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Good episode.

The promo for the next episode looks amazing.

Moon Rabbits
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Good episode.

The promo for the next episode looks amazing.

What was on the promo? The station I watched it on didn't play it.

McLovin'
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
A lot of good stuff.

Here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1oybc_lost-3x17-catch22-promo

I suggest you pause and take a look at some of the stuff in that. Looks like Sawyer finally gets to Cooper.

MecaKane
04-12-2007, 08:42 PM

Why is NBC hyping Lost?

The cast and crew of Medium works harder that way.

Craig
04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Looks like Kate and Sawyer have sex again. When is Jack gonna hit that?

McLovin'
04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Did anyone else notice the blatant references to "time" again?

Dr Alpert was like "you will be surprised how time flies when you're there"

and there was another. It seemed WAY to weird to be put into that conversation.

Moon Rabbits
04-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Only five episodes left already? :(

This seems like a lot of hype once again, but a few things interested me:

Sun's mouth being covered (she'd better not die)
Sawyer seemingly telling someone to kill off Jack (yay!)
Desmond's "series of events"

Spoilers if you want 'em. (http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php)

EDIT: Oh yeah, a few interesting tidbits: There is a new character who is being referred to as a parachutist. The next episode is Desmond-centric.

Del Murder
04-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I like Desmond. This last episode was pretty good. Much better than that crap at the start of the season.

McLovin'
04-13-2007, 07:53 AM
At the end it looks more like Sawyer saying "Finish it" as in the letter he wrote to the Real Sawyer.

Spiffing Cheese
04-14-2007, 03:09 PM
The end of that last episode completely caught me off guard. :D

No.78
04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Sun's pregnant remember? Just thought I'd bring that up.

Its wierd how the episode moves you to Juliettes side then the final flashback turns you against her again XD I love decietful characters, Juliettes just overtaken Nikki in my favourite character rankings.

Levian
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, I guess we now know why they love kids so much. Afraid they'll die out like dinosaurs.

and I wonder if Juliet is deceitful towards Ben or Jack and the group. Only time will tell.

McLovin'
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Why does she look strangely at Desmond at the end? Anyone else notice that?

Laddy
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
No, I did not notice.

Moon Rabbits
04-19-2007, 03:51 AM
PREDICTION RIGHT HURR: The girl with the parachute totally was sent by Penny.

Charlie isn't dead yet :mad2:

Okay episode, I guess. The only reason I really liked it was because Desmond was ridiculously sexy with short hair and no beard, and the head monk fellow was quite nice to look at too.

Laddy
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Rather good episode, Lost is improving on the episode use.

Spiffing Cheese
04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
That was pretty good. I was like OMGWTFNO when Charlie "died" at the start. xD

My god, Kate pisses me off.

McLovin'
04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Nothing really big revealed...

Here's something big if you're interested Patchy is back next episode. : )

Roto13
04-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Who?

McLovin'
04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Mikhail if that melts your butter...

Roto13
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Mikhail if that melts your butter...

In a flashback? I love him. :P

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
ok episode but i thought it was going to be an episode about sawyer and locke comming back (well going by the previews)

anyways... well theres no point in me asking who the hell was that woman (even though i just did)...lol and rats i actually fell for that first "flash back" i was like OMGWTFBBQ lol

this season is better than last years though

Levian
04-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Hmm, pretty boring episode. This whole desmond thing really doesn't interest me. :D

Laddy
04-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Poor Des, he dosen't have the attention he deserves. :( So, who's the most hated character of yours?

McLovin'
04-20-2007, 11:42 PM
ok episode but i thought it was going to be an episode about sawyer and locke comming back (well going by the previews)

anyways... well theres no point in me asking who the hell was that woman (even though i just did)...lol and rats i actually fell for that first "flash back" i was like OMGWTFBBQ lol

this season is better than last years though

Thats episode 19.

Laddy
04-25-2007, 02:26 AM
I can't wait!

Levian
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Poor Des, he dosen't have the attention he deserves. :( So, who's the most hated character of yours?

I don't know about that. I'm one of the few who doesn't like him, I think. Most people love him. I haven't seen anyone else who doesn't like him anyway. The most hated? Desmond probably. Eko too, but he's not much of a problem these days.

Lost is getting too supernatural to me :/ People recovering superfast from wounds, sterile people getting fertile, and them finding 815 in a parallell reality or whatever. Pretty silly. Not that I can stop watching now, though.

Moon Rabbits
04-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Was there a new episode last night? Because it was a repeat of the Desmond one where I am.

Roto13
04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, there was a new episode.

Overall it was pretty dull. Sun should die soon. Sick of her.

But patchy came back and that makes me happy because I love him. Also, wtf at the ending?

McLovin'
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Bah she's lying. It's a mind game...

No theories on this though. =/

Levian
04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah the ending was stupid and not exciting like pretty much every ending has been up until now. Stupid alternate reality stuff. And I don't like it when dead people return from their grave. Unless they're Nikki and Paulo.

McLovin'
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
He never died. :p

There is no alternate reality! :p

also at the end Naomi doesn't say "Thank you" to Mikhail. She says "I am not alone."

Now THAT is the better cliffhanger. :)

Levian
04-26-2007, 08:49 PM
So he faked blood coming out of his ears? :D

and that is indeed a better cliffhanger :mog:

McLovin'
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
He was a soldier once. They do learn how to play dead...

Also he may have just stayed within the fence long enough to foam and bleed enough so that he became "dead-like."

Moon Rabbits
04-27-2007, 12:33 AM
I just watched the episode. I love how I can't figure Juliet out. I don't like Sun as much as I used to. Patchy is sexy except he needs new teeth. Naomi's not alone? :cool: So on and so forth.

Prediction right hurr:

Oceanic 815 wasn't really found, they (I'm not sure who they are yet) covered it up and really haven't found it yet.

Or they're all dead. Or they're in an alternate reality. Or they're in limbo!

McLovin'
04-27-2007, 08:31 AM
THE GOVERNMENT!

Slothy
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Prediction right hurr:

Oceanic 815 wasn't really found, they (I'm not sure who they are yet) covered it up and really haven't found it yet.

Or they're all dead. Or they're in an alternate reality. Or they're in limbo!

I agree with the cover up part. Think about it; you've got a bunch of people on an island no one knows about who don't want to be found and who may very well have the resources and certainly the desire to fake a plane crash so no one comes looking for the actual survivors. They're definitely not dead, in an alternate reality, or in limbo though.

Madame Adequate
04-27-2007, 03:15 PM
That ending simply did not have the impact they wanted it to. I agree with Vivi. Coverup. Not hard to do.

However, the return of Mikhail was awesome. :D

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I wanted him to use ice tea as a weapon...

This 'Naomi' is pretty cool, I think she was just the only one in the helicopter able to bail at before it crashed, there's probably a whole party of them, maybe Penny is one of them? They're probably washed up on the beach as we speak. So, she said 'we're not alone', I knew Mikhail was lying!!!

Does anyone know what she was saying in Chinese? I wonder why she was speaking in all different languages, then when she woke up she acted like a completely different person, like she was being possessed beforehand or something... :P Why speak in different languages when she could just speak english anyway? Hohumm...

Mikhail: "Watch this, I can make my ears bleed!!!" lollll. Hmm, my theory is that he's Mikhails... TWIN BROTHER!!! ZOMGGDDFGGDSA. Yeah, the eye patch is to disguise something or something... lol... I dunno what I'm talking about.

I hope Charlie dies soon. I hope Sun lives. Yeahh... I really dislike Locke actually, I hope he dies tooo.

Hmm... *watches promo on youtube* Ew, I hate the music they use for those... So cliche. Anyway, Locke doesn't excite me, but I am looking forward to why they gassed and ran away and why they took Locke with them. Oh! And why the hell his daddys there! Squeeee...

Ok I'm done kthxbai

EDIT: Oh and I agree with the coverup theory too...
Then again.

They see apparitions on the island of dead people, Jacks dad, Ekos brother, Lockes mum... Boone... So, maybe they are all dead? I dunno, just a point. Also, everyone seems to have forgotten about the whole Walt thing, we still don't know why they wanted him, and why he had the whole Gohan-syndrome... (I gets angry and things die). And whether they did get away or not and and and!! Stuff.

Okay I'm really done now kthxbay

McLovin'
04-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Mikhail did some pretty snazzy uber micro skillz with Naomi's wound. ye no?

I don't think much good will come out of next episode. I am just dying to see episode 20! The Ben episode.

Slothy
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
They see apparitions on the island of dead people, Jacks dad, Ekos brother, Lockes mum... Boone... So, maybe they are all dead? I dunno, just a point.

There's been plenty of evidence that they aren't dead, to the point that it really shouldn't be a question anymore. Those guys working for Penny picking up the electromagnetic event at the end of the second season being the most obvious one. Then there's the fact that the Others have communicated with people in the outside world quite recently, and even made trips off the island, such as Ethan recruiting Juliette. If they were all dead on that island then he couldn't have left to get her, and if she were dead before she were recruited, it'd make all of their flashbacks pretty pointless since none of it would have really happened.

Some wierd stuff certainly happens on that island, but they're not dead.

Kirobaito
04-27-2007, 06:48 PM
And then there's the fact that the producers have said numerous times that they are not dead, nor in purgatory.

Craig
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I bet they're all in Limbo instead.

Del Murder
04-29-2007, 06:57 AM
How the hell did that Russian guy come back to life?

Kirobaito
04-29-2007, 07:37 AM
How the hell did that Russian guy come back to life?
He was never dead. If you look at that episode, it's pretty evident that he's still breathing. Kate even observes it, and leaves him there.

Laddy
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I bet the fence wasn't even operational in the first place.

McLovin'
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Probably was...how else would you bleed from your head? He just stayed in it long enough to get hurt.

This is what the producers said: "Mikhail is alive (1. The fence was not turned up high enough to kill him, 2. He DID NOT come back from the dead)" So can it.

Levian
04-30-2007, 05:13 PM
We know the purpose of the fence anyway, and it's not to kill humans. (stupid smoke monster) The others don't like to kill humans.

Sergeant Hartman
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Landed the Russian dude is still alive :hat:

Laddy
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
We know the purpose of the fence anyway, and it's not to kill humans. (stupid smoke monster) The others don't like to kill humans.I don't think the latter part is true... AT ALL!:tongue:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
cool a "no-flashback" episode! Seriously though who didnt know lockes dad was the real sawyer?

Its weird though im begining to dislike jack more and more as the epsiodes go by! It was a good episode though though it felt like it was more of a set up for things to come lol!

Kirobaito
05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Who says that was a non-flashback episode? I saw plenty of flashbacks, of Locke in the Others' camp.

Laddy
05-04-2007, 02:24 AM
It's called on-island flashbacks.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Who says that was a non-flashback episode? I saw plenty of flashbacks, of Locke in the Others' camp.

oh sorry mate i meant as in your non conventional "pre-crash on the island" flashbacks lol

Miriel
05-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Lost to end after two more seasons.

My E! Online partner in crime Marc Malkin just announced in his column, Planet Gossip, that ABC is set to announce that Lost will end production after two more seasons.

I know. Breathe, Lost fans. Breathe.

Here's what I can tell you. I just spoke to insiders at ABC and they tell me the network and producers have reached a decision on an end date and they are expected to announce it very soon. This is meant to be a good thing, because now the producers finally can start mapping out the remaining episodes and rolling out some of the major reveals and answers we fans have been waiting for.

I'm also told there are more big changes in store for the show!

According to sources, ABC is planning to push back Lost's return date to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also "extremely likely" that Lost will change time slots next season.

Still, the biggest change may be that massive, mind-blowing, cast-related "game-changer" I keep hinting about—to which I am sworn to secrecy, for it is that big—which is revealed in the season finale. (I cannot wait for you to see it.)

Word is, Lost is moving to an earlier hour, which will make at least one fan happy: Josh Holloway's brother. "I do feel like we're in the wrong time slot," Josh told me during my recent trek to the set in Hawaii. "Most definitely too late, because I lost my own brother. He’s like, 'Dude, I got to get to work in the morning!' I’m just going to say it. Let’s move it back to 9 o’clock or 8 o’clock."

Let it be said that Josh Holloway and his brother have mad pull.

So, what do you all think of saying goodbye to Lost in only two more seasons? And, more important, who needs a hug? 'Cause I could sure use one...

2:00 p.m. update:

Since this story launched earlier today, I have been hearing from multiple sources inside ABC that the story is "more complex" than what was originally reported by my colleague Marc Malkin in E! Online's Planet Gossip.

According to these sources, ABC will be making an announcement declaring an end date for Lost very soon. However, the exact number of remaining episodes and seasons is still muddy—and might not be exactly two seasons.

The good news? You don't have to wait long. I'm told the announcement will be made within the next few days.

Source (http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=75ed77ee-1972-467a-8f4e-b11e4b6a1259)

I personally think that two seasons is too long. 1 more full season should be just enough to wrap things up. But I'm soooooo glad that they're going to give the show a cut off point. Now the writers can really plan out how this is going to go down rather than meandering all over the place.

Del Murder
05-05-2007, 02:46 AM
Yeah that's great news. It's already starting to wrap up though. A lot about the island has been revealed in the last few episodes, and I didn't think things like the real Sawyer would come until the very end. I hope with this end in sight they can provide some good stories for the next two years.

Laddy
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Agreed.

Levian
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm glad the end is in sight, but two seasons sounds perfectly fine to me. Wouldn't want the last season to be hasty, and I want a well thought out ending. :mog:

I was a bit surprised to see the others wanting Locke to kill his own father. I just don't see what good can come of it, and I also thought they didn't believe in killing people.

Also, was Richard wearing eyeliner in this episode or what?

Miriel
05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, here's the official news.

One mystery solved: 'Lost' to end in 2010

The end is in sight for ABC's acclaimed island mystery Lost, but fans will have to wait until 2010 for all the answers.

In a highly unusual move, the network announces plans today to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, repeat-free, from February to May.

ABC's bold step marks a response to the show's producers, who have been eager to set a finish line to better plot out their convoluted mystery of plane-crash survivors and to placate fans who are frustrated that the show seemed to be vamping its way to a conclusion.

Among fans there was an unease that they were making an investment in a show that's complicated without any sense of where that's going to lead them," co-creator Damon Lindelof said in an exclusive interview. "From the very beginning, fans and even critics have been saying, 'Are you making it up as you go along?' " which was "a legitimate question."

Now, with a still far-away ending in sight, Lindelof says he and executive producer Carlton Cuse have "specific designs for ending the next two seasons" and promises that with the answer-filled season finale May 23, viewers "will begin to get an idea of what that design will be, and it will not be at all what they expect.

Source and rest of the article here. (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-05-06-lost_N.htm?csp=34)

Levian
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
So it's basically two regular seasons except it's dragged through three years. My main concern here is going without Lost from June to January. :( I would rather want them to have two longer seasons and wrap it up in 2009.

But yeah, ending in sight is good.

McLovin'
05-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I'll still be watching lost until I graduate.

Del Murder
05-08-2007, 02:29 AM
This all sounds pretty sweet. For me Lost was very quickly fading away but this brings it right back. It's good to see a network step up and make a commitment like that. Only good things can follow from this.

Sergeant Hartman
05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I'll be 19 when this finishes :mog:

Laddy
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll be old enought to drink.

Levian
05-09-2007, 10:24 AM
I better not die before this ends. I guess I'll start crossing the road more carefully.

Laddy
05-09-2007, 10:59 PM
You'll probably live, Levian. :D

Moon Rabbits
05-10-2007, 02:28 AM
THEY KILLED LOCKE AFTER I STARTED TO LIKE HIM AGAIN.

Roto13
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
That part with "Jacob" scared the s*** out of me.

Kirobaito
05-10-2007, 04:09 AM
I don't think Locke is dead. He was shot in the abdomen, not the chest. I'm not willing to say that he is dead yet, though it is a possibility.

If he does die, it will suck, because Lost IS John Locke.

Moon Rabbits
05-10-2007, 04:11 AM
That part with "Jacob" scared the s*** out of me.

Yeah, that was seriously creeping me out. Especially when you heard the voice that wasn't Ben's. It was like "wieeeeeeeerd!"

I thought Locke might not be dead, but y'know, I just have that feeling that he is.

Kirobaito
05-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Oh, crap. LALALA Locke gets healed on the island. We must remember this. That whole paralysis thing, plus how quickly he recovered from that bite by his dad.

EDIT: Ah, but wait, he did get his leg pounded by that door and took awhile to heal. Forgot about that. Maybe not...

Roto13
05-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Also, Locke beating the crap out of Mikhael? I think it's safe to say that he's Locke's bitch at this point.

JackNapier
05-10-2007, 05:02 AM
This is pretty interesting. (http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=283) I can't wait to see what the season finale is going to be like!

Roto13
05-10-2007, 06:40 AM
I actually thought I saw a third person there. Good to see I was right. :P

McLovin'
05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Locke is not dead. He is in the finale.

Levian
05-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Didn't really like this Jacob part. A bit silly, really. I was kinda hoping it was Ben putting on a show for Locke, but apparantly not. Unless Ben knew Locke wouldn't die from that wound, which Locke probably didn't. I don't like the turn this show has taken in the last 5-10 episodes :p I like it when stuff can be explained naturally.

Funny that Richard haven't aged in 30 years. or stupid, whatever.

Also, I did not know Harry Potter was Benjamin Linus.

Moon Rabbits
05-10-2007, 10:07 PM
This is pretty interesting. (http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=283) I can't wait to see what the season finale is going to be like!

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database.

This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Interesting indeed.

McLovin'
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.lostpedia.com/images/0/01/3x20_another_jacob.jpg

Jacob.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-11-2007, 12:02 AM
"wtf" is the only thing i can say about this episode...cool but seriously wtf?

Miriel
05-11-2007, 12:11 AM
The Jacob thing was neat at first. I liked the idea that Ben was totally insane a la Norman Bates in Psycho. But then Locke started hearing voices and things started flying around and it totally sucked. I'm very much hoping that it ends up being some trick by Ben, but I guess that's not likely. Crazy Ben would be much more realistic that there actually being a invisible Jacob guy who hates flashlights.

Laddy
05-11-2007, 12:21 AM
-They're vampires, maybe? The hostiles? Because they're pale and I saw jars of blood in Jacob's "house."
-Lockes isn't dead.
-So Dharma is just a weird hippie thing. The "good guys" by the looks of it, and they all dying explains why Kelvin never got the replacements.
-Oh, and Season Three ends in a Oceanic Survivors .VS. Others war.

JackNapier
05-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database.

This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Interesting indeed.

LOL!, sorry about that. It was up at one point. Magus of Zeal posted the picture that the link was to anyway, so it's all good.

Psychotic
05-11-2007, 01:18 AM
EDIT: Ah, but wait, he did get his leg pounded by that door and took awhile to heal. Forgot about that. Maybe not...Don't forget the gash across his eye that he took in the crash.
-Oh, and Season Three ends in a Oceanic Survivors .VS. Others war.Finally. Been hoping for this since Season One!

I'm glad it turns out the Others aren't Dharma. I preferred it when they seemed to be ninja jungle savages rather than hi-tech scientists.

Del Murder
05-11-2007, 02:23 AM
No way Locke is dead. This guy has survived falling 8 stories, a plane crash, the hatch blowing up, and coming face to face with the smoke monster. They are just buidling up some suspense for when he returns, probably to fight against the Others.

It would have been so much cooler if Ben was crazy, but oh well, I accept this magic crap.

Roto13
05-11-2007, 03:33 AM
They are just buidling up some suspense for when he returns, probably to fight against the Others.

Or... fight alongside the Others? *Dr. Evil finger thing*

Even if Ben did shoot him. :P

I'm just talking out of my ass here.

Spiffing Cheese
05-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Also, I did not know Harry Potter was Benjamin Linus.

You took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

I nearly crapped myself when I watched the episode and saw the dude in the chair and was like WAS THAT A MAN WAS IT NOT AAAAAH. :D

Madame Adequate
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh man, the Others are actually really hardcore. There's none of this messing around trying to save lives or anything for a "greater good" crap, they freaking nerve gassed Dharma.

McLovin'
05-12-2007, 01:07 PM
My theory is that Locke is not dead and this because the bullet shot into his kidney, or actually where his kidney was supposed to be! The irony is that he gave away his kidney to save his father's life and then in the end it saves his own life. I think this is more plausible then "the island will heal him" or "Smokey or Jacob will save him."

Moon Rabbits
05-12-2007, 06:55 PM
My theory is that Locke is not dead and this because the bullet shot into his kidney, or actually where his kidney was supposed to be! The irony is that he gave away his kidney to save his father's life and then in the end it saves his own life. I think this is more plausible then "the island will heal him" or "Smokey or Jacob will save him."

I hope they use the kidney thing, that`s a a stroke of genius right there!

Theory: Jacob is the (spirit of the) island?

Del Murder
05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Is this 'theory' like your 'theory' that Nikki and Paolo would get buried alive?

Moon Rabbits
05-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Magus of Zeal posted that theory, and he didn't even call it a theory. I think he was just relaying a spoiler.

Del Murder
05-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry, I was replying to him.

McLovin'
05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Nikki and Paolo being buried alive was a spoiler, not a theory.

This thing about Locke is just my guess.

Laddy
05-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Speaking of spoilers, Could you mark them, everyone (including myself) for now on?

Levian
05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
This show pretty much consists of spoilers though :D I never look up anything about Lost if there's a new episode out that I haven't seen.

Sergeant Hartman
05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
The day Locke dies I stop watching this :mad2:

Moon Rabbits
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
More stuff I've theorized about Jacob (relating to him being the island's spirit), *no spoilers from episodes that have not been aired*:

Remember the black powder that Locke saw before they arrived at the house? I thought it was gunpowder at first, but perhaps it is actually the black smoke monster? They could be iron filaments that are being controlled by the electro-magnetic forces on the island (which in turn, may be being controlled by Jacob).

Richard, the guy who isn't aging, is a hallucination created by Jacob. Richard never seems to talk to more than one person at a time, so he may be a hallucination, just like Kate's horse, Ben's mother, Jack's dad, and so on.

Something else interesting, when Ben is talking to Jacob, Locke cannot see him. However, when Locke hears "help me," and turns around, he sees Jacob sitting in the chair for a split second.

Jacob also could be the cause of the whispers in the forest. The whispers always lead people, mostly to their death's, or Ben across the fence to the hallucination of his mother.

From Lostpedia.com:

In Jewish history, the tribe of Benjamin's women and children were all killed, and the remaining members of the tribe could not longer proliferate. The historical solution they came up with was to kill the men from another sub-tribe and take their women and children. Women are unable to carry to term on the island, and the Others have been taking women and children from Flight 815.

Also, the name of the previous episode was Man Behind the Curtain. Possible reference to Wizard of Oz? If so, perhaps Jacob was just another one of Ben's mind games?

Roto13
05-13-2007, 11:26 PM
It's most definitely a reference to The Wizard of Oz, but the man behind the curtain is probably Jacob himself rather than Ben.

Moon Rabbits
05-13-2007, 11:44 PM
It's most definitely a reference to The Wizard of Oz, but the man behind the curtain is probably Jacob himself rather than Ben.

That's what I mean. The Wizard of Oz turned out to be a hoax in the end of the movie, remember? So perhaps Jacob is a hoax made by Ben?

Del Murder
05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Then how would you explain the stuff Locke saw and heard? More trippyness?

Roto13
05-13-2007, 11:47 PM
"The man behind the curtain" was the guy who was behind the person everyone thought was in charge. Everyone thought Ben was in charge. Jacob is supposedly controlling him. Jacob would be the man behind the curtain here.

McLovin'
05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
A new DHARMA station has been revealed. "The Looking Glass"

Laddy
05-16-2007, 10:38 PM
What are the names again? We can maybe get some ideas with them.

Kirobaito
05-16-2007, 10:48 PM
The Swan
The Pearl
The Hydra
The Flame
The Looking Glass