PDA

View Full Version : no title

blackluster_5
02-08-2007, 09:23 AM
When I saw the scene I cryied then threw the remote and didn't play the game for a week. It made the game a bit harder. I couldn't concentrate

Firo Volondé
02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Which scene?

G3ORGE
02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Mine gets stuck on the opening scene :'(

Sain Cai
02-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Can someone say...EMO?

darksword12
02-10-2007, 05:25 AM
I think he's talking about the end of disc 1. I've said it already on a different thread, but that scene made me very sad. Don't quit just because of that, though.

However, I can understand the inability to concentrate. I suffered a bit of that too.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-10-2007, 07:32 AM
well it seems that square got the deired effect then :D

the first time i saw it i was like . . . whoa!? but i don't think it affected my playing ability. it was a shock in my first game too cos i had been using aerith all the time

vorpal blade
02-10-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm assuming you're all talking about the scene where you meet the guy that are sick. So sad... Why!? It's not fair!!!
:cry:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-10-2007, 11:08 AM
That's nothing

I threw the Playstation out the window and uphauled the carpet before finally being restrained to crying like a little girl in a corner for 4 hours

jammi567
02-10-2007, 01:58 PM
That's totally pathetic.

Sidderz
02-10-2007, 02:01 PM
My god. Squaresoft (Enix) did know how to get through to people back then for sure! :D

Xurts
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Aeris sucked. I loved it when she died. It was such a relief knowing that I wouldn't have to drag her everywhere and risk having to be forced to include her in my party again. Not to mention that she was CONSTANTLY flirting with Cloud and smothering him with attention.

Hazzard
02-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Aeris sucked. I loved it when she died. It was such a relief knowing that I wouldn't have to drag her everywhere and risk having to be forced to include her in my party again. Not to mention that she was CONSTANTLY flirting with Cloud and smothering him with attention.

Whats wrong with that, she gets horny over cloud.
When i saw that scene i cried like a baby, it was a shock, but having the battle straight after, with that same emotional music was very effective...
I beat the hell outta that Jenova freak!!!

Christmas
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I crawled into the TV and went to the northern crater myself to avenge Aeris. :mad2:

thegirth
02-12-2007, 04:47 AM
i was young, i didnt really understand the emotion, when i revisited the game years later i cried

Aerisfanatic
02-28-2007, 03:40 AM
Aeris sucked. I loved it when she died. It was such a relief knowing that I wouldn't have to drag her everywhere and risk having to be forced to include her in my party again. Not to mention that she was CONSTANTLY flirting with Cloud and smothering him with attention. well cloud didnt seem to mind

Comet
02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I laughed and got really horny.

On a more serious note, I was actually kinda glad because she is a very bad fighter. Her limit breaks are the worst, apart from Great Gospel, which I didn't get, anyway.

oddler
02-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Sure, it sucks. But it's so awesome. You can't help but be like "Holy crap!" :up:

cloud_doll
02-28-2007, 10:16 PM

your brilliant.

jammi567
02-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Agreed.

darksword12
03-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Wow... I'm noticing a distinct division of ff gamers into two halves:

1. Sees scene, cries, leaves game for extended period of time.

2. Sees scene, sadistically enjoys it.

I really don't know if I'm actually trying to say anything here. :)

Aerisfanatic
03-03-2007, 08:06 PM
i was upset when she died for obliviose reasons it didnt ruin my ability to play and i didnt go berserk but i did kind of lost intrest after she died

Twilight Edge
03-04-2007, 07:52 AM

3. They don't care, and they have a life, so they simply move on.

Frostwake
03-04-2007, 10:05 AM

And the worse is both suck... There are some scenes in FF7 that even get me emotional (such as when Red XIII finds out his father fought for Cosmo Canyon) I can even understand dropping a tear or two, but leaving the game because of that and not being able to concentrate?

And for those that think Aeris sucked, you do realize Aeris is THE BEST character in the game right? Great Gospel makes Evil Wall look like a baby, not to mention she had that limit break where she fills the others limit break bars, which is just plain awesome... Even story wise she was the most important character... She was emotional and cute, whats not to like about her?

NeoCracker
03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I thought we was talking about the scene in the Bumble Bee. I cried tears of beauty after seeing cloud show his affectionate side to all those men. True passion like that is rare these days, and I was touched to know that the good people at square hadn't forgotten what it is.

Euan_hmfc
03-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm assuming you're all talking about the scene where you meet the guy that are sick. So sad... Why!? It's not fair!!!

Hilarious. You've made my day :D

Hazzard
03-04-2007, 04:50 PM
R.I.P-Aeris-R.I.P

It was a sad day for all of us, that we cannot hide.

Comet
03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
The first time she died was 10 years ago.

jammi567
03-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Even story wise she was the most important character... She was emotional and cute, whats not to like about her?
umm, possibly that everyone overidleises her to death. i don't know. :rolleyes2 :mad:

cloud21zidane16
03-04-2007, 06:57 PM

:p hehe yeah its made mine too:hahaha:

chocobo hunter
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
At first I was ectsatic cause she is the worst character of the game :) then. It was so depressing to me
finally coming to the realization that I had wasted 5-6 hours leveling Aeris up getting her limit for nothing :eep:

I'm assuming you're all talking about the scene where you meet the guy that are sick. So sad... Why!? It's not fair!!! :cry:

That had to be the saddest part of the whole game. :D

FF_Chick
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Sure Aerith's scene was sad, but I think Galuf's scene was more sad. Could you imagine being only 13-14 years old loosing the only family close to you?

Setzer Gabianni
03-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I also found Drace's death scene to be more moving in XII, not to mention Auron's sending.

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
it made it one of the best ff games

Yukki-Chan
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Anyone realized that Aeris must have died over 7 million times or something, I mean for each game sold and lent and replayed shes died if you've gotten to the end of Disc 1 :eep: (I really need to think about other things)

jammi567
03-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, exactly, which maks me think that some people are sad and have no life...

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone realized that Aeris must have died over 7 million times or something, I mean for each game sold and lent and replayed shes died if you've gotten to the end of Disc 1 :eep: (I really need to think about other things)

yea ha ha

Xurts
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM

And the worse is both suck... There are some scenes in FF7 that even get me emotional (such as when Red XIII finds out his father fought for Cosmo Canyon) I can even understand dropping a tear or two, but leaving the game because of that and not being able to concentrate?

And for those that think Aeris sucked, you do realize Aeris is THE BEST character in the game right? Great Gospel makes Evil Wall look like a baby, not to mention she had that limit break where she fills the others limit break bars, which is just plain awesome... Even story wise she was the most important character... She was emotional and cute, whats not to like about her?
When you get her she is terrible, and her Limit Breaks are the only benefit while using her in battle. Very few people are going to take the time to reach Great Gospel before she dies. You would probably use Great Gospel once against the Demon Wall or whatever it's called at the end of the Temple of the Ancients, but that's it. I admit, she could be a useful character if you used a Gameshark to bring her back for the rest of the game. That's a different scenario. Of course, the combination of Final Attack paired with Phoenix pretty much gives you invincibility anyway, so she still wouldn't be that great at the end.

I hated her story-wise also for the reasons I already said above. I guess what you see as emotional and cute I see as persistent and annoying.

silentenigma
03-06-2007, 10:23 PM
The first time she died was 10 years ago.

and she just keeps on dying and dying and dying...

arcanedude34
03-11-2007, 05:42 PM

:p hehe yeah its made mine too:hahaha:

LOL Mine too.

At the time I didn't care, cuz I was new to the sreies and thought Aeris might be revived.

If I played through that part for the first time nowadays, I'd be like "NO! I FINALLY GOT HER TO A DECENT LEVEL WHEN THEY FORCED ME TO HAVE HER IN THE TEMPLE OF ANCIENTS!"

Which scene?

Didn't you read the thread title? He means every part except the title sequence.

Garnie
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
do de do......do de do......do de do de dodee do de do , do. i think iv cried at some point on every ff apart from XII

tidus leaving was beautiful and squall and rinoas was beautiful. i call apon all those with cg skills to remake that sceane!!

Please stop double posting.-kikimm

arcanedude34
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Double-post!!!! I'm telling!!

*cough*

What made you cry in FFIX?> Or didn't you play it?

jammi567
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Nothing (i have played it though)

why made you cry in I?

Mirage
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
This thread has been won. You can all stop posting now.