PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4

Hazzard
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
GTA4, has been in my head for a while, soon as i completed san andreas. I heard that it might be about a child, and you have to grow him up, through different stages of his life. Im keen on this idea, but i doubt its a reliable source of info.

What different ideas do you lot think GTA4 will have, and what sort of time period do you think it will be in?

BTW, i also know that it supposedly gonna be out on October the 19th, for those in Europe, and October the 16th, for those in north American.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
I know that speculation will only lead to disappointment.

I hope, however, that it's set in the near future. The past is great, but unless we're going to get the 80s again I'm not interested. 2020s ftw!

DK
02-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I always wanted them to do a futuristic GTA, tbh. Stealing little spacecraft you fly around the map in, shooting people with giant rail guns and all the like. It would be valid.

Levian
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I always wanted them to do a futuristic GTA, tbh. Stealing little spacecraft you fly around the map in, shooting people with giant rail guns and all the like. It would be valid.

Eww, it would not be valid. Go play star wars or something. :mad2:

I would prefer modern or historic, like early 20th century or something.

DK
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Star wars sucks ass!

They can only keep doing the same thing over and over again until it gets boring. The latest games out are already showing signs of repetitiveness and lack of interesting things to do. Missions just generally consist of "drive here, collect this item/shoot this person/these people, drive back while the cops are on you" and so forth.

The series needs a change in order to not suck.

edczxcvbnm
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
We need to be able to level buildings with bombs and have them be rebuilt over the course of a few days in game time. That could be awesome.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
We need to be able to level buildings with bombs and have them be rebuilt over the course of a few days in game time. That could be awesome.

Gonna QFT and also validate what Kyonny said about teh railgun futures.

Levian is, however, invalid. xD

Craig
02-08-2007, 07:34 PM
It should be like Suikoden, in the way that you become the leader of something or other, and have to go around town recruiting people to your cause and building up power.

Levian
02-08-2007, 07:57 PM
They can only keep doing the same thing over and over again until it gets boring. The latest games out are already showing signs of repetitiveness and lack of interesting things to do. Missions just generally consist of "drive here, collect this item/shoot this person/these people, drive back while the cops are on you" and so forth.

Rly? I think San Andreas is the best game so far.

I agree that change is good, but there's other ways to change stuff and staying true to the series at the same time. There ain't just one way to make a game about gangs and crimes in this era. The only thing holding you back is imagination really. I know I would get disappointed if I bought GTA 4, putting the game in my PS and playing the game without getting the GTA feeling at all. It'd be better to name the game something else then. and I don't think GTA has run out of ideas yet, they have tons of material to work with.

and plus I hate everything futuristic. :D

Madame Adequate
02-08-2007, 07:58 PM
... still invalid, bub.

Levian
02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Your face is invalid. :redface:

Meat Puppet
02-09-2007, 04:18 AM
I’m with Levian on this one. My god, over the past few months I have been reading what people have predicted for GTA4 and it’s... horrendous. Hopefully Rockstar keeps that kind of unsavory crowd well at bay.

I have read stuff along the lines of:

<blockquote>gtai4 should start off in 2014 and tommi vercetti and cloud and cJohnson ® in prison & it is like prison break and tommy is old and part cyborg but so is cj and when they break out they go to home and tommy vercetti becomes inducted into Groove Street Famz because he helped cjiddle to escape from the prison remember back there and he will help fight a new wave of evil ballas but this time they are golden rebbits with rockit launchers! And tanks to rob the homes... and then victor vance comes back to life and phil. has a dream about vietnam and then you have to steal a space shuttle and drop the bomb on north korea or iranque! the last boss will be mike toreno riding on a dragon who is actual phil collins</blockquote>

And:

“London.”

Whatever happens, I know I will buy the game eventually, like the pathetic sheep I am.

Markus. D
02-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Your face is invalid. :redface:

Your stool is invalid.

DK
02-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Rly? I think San Andreas is the best game so far.

I agree that change is good, but there's other ways to change stuff and staying true to the series at the same time. There ain't just one way to make a game about gangs and crimes in this era. The only thing holding you back is imagination really. I know I would get disappointed if I bought GTA 4, putting the game in my PS and playing the game without getting the GTA feeling at all. It'd be better to name the game something else then. and I don't think GTA has run out of ideas yet, they have tons of material to work with.

and plus I hate everything futuristic. :D

Vice City was more playable than San Andreas, while San Andreas definitely had better gameplay, it just didn't have the awesome factor of Vice City. Anyway, I was referring to the two GTA: Stories games. Granted, they were for the PSP, but that still doesn't change the fact that they're just re-inventing the wheel.

Give us something new to do, damn it!

Actually, I forgot earlier, me and Paul were talking about this the other day. I think the most awesome thing they could make would be GTA: Jihad. :D

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
well im guessing your referring to Vice City Stories and Liberty Stories, and i have both on psp. Both of those games severely disappointing because i thought the game play was far too short. But they only keep on reinventing the same story in the latest grand theft games, WHY? Because their all the spin off versions, which will obviously show the same aspects of the original game its based on. So these Story games have nothing to do with their major project at the moment (GTA4), and by the way i think san andreas was far better than Vice city.

When CJ sang to himself, and when you can go to the barbers. Aaaaahhhh those were the good old days..

Madame Adequate
02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Vice City was more playable than San Andreas, while San Andreas definitely had better gameplay, it just didn't have the awesome factor of Vice City.

Completely agreed. San Andreas simply doesn't have something that Vice City does. Maybe it's 'cause we's a couple of white-as-white-bread crackas, but VC > SA, even though SA is actually more accomplished in technical/gameplay terms.

Old Manus
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
<blockquote>gtai4 should start off in 2014 and tommi vercetti and cloud and cJohnson ® in prison & it is like prison break and tommy is old and part cyborg but so is cj and when they break out they go to home and tommy vercetti becomes inducted into Groove Street Famz because he helped cjiddle to escape from the prison remember back there and he will help fight a new wave of evil ballas but this time they are golden rebbits with rockit launchers! And tanks to rob the homes... and then victor vance comes back to life and phil. has a dream about vietnam and then you have to steal a space shuttle and drop the bomb on north korea or iranque! the last boss will be mike toreno riding on a dragon who is actual phil collins</blockquote>I would so buy this.

EDIT: Forgot to say it would be valid

JKTrix
02-09-2007, 01:35 PM
I think it says something that Rockstar is calling this "Grand Theft Auto IV" instead of 'GTA6'. They acknowledge that Vice City and San Andreas are spin-offs of the same GTA3 game, so we can expect GTA4 to be different.

They're raising our expectations by giving it the label of being the 4th GTA. I highly doubt there'll be as considerable of a leap between GTA2 to 3, but there better be somethin'.

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Actually the GTA versions-Liberty stories and Vice stories, do not count as being the third GTA, they are just spin offs, and thats it. There are other GTA'S which game out before the play station 2 versions- in fact there are two others but they rule out the first one, which was made in London, i was once in possession of it but i threw it away, but ive played the second one which was based in the future. All in all they are saying that the first original grand theft autos didnt count, and they are really just acknowledging the ones made on play station 2.

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Edit-*came*

Erdrick Holmes
02-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Future GTA game? I'm gonna actually say some nice things about this for once.

What I want in the next GTA game:

No cheat codes
A silent/nameless protagonist so the player feels more like he/she is playing as him/herself
AI that actually acesses the situation and adjusts accordingly (like if you're in a big gun battle the enemies will do stuff like hide behind walls, throw grenades, duck for cover when the enemy is firing back, start going around looking for whomever is shooting at them when they actually hear the gunshots)
More penilization on the player when he just goes around and doing stuff liking blowing up buildings and killing people
Eliminate offensive racial stereotypes
Make online playable content, like downloads that unlock new cars, cities, missions, etc. Multiplayer co-op missions
RPG-like content where the character's speed/strength/ability to take damage/etc
Heroic missions where the player is rewarded for doing something good, like rescue somebody, bust a badguy, or even take down a purse snatcher.

If they put that in GTA4 might not actually suck.

edczxcvbnm
02-09-2007, 10:13 PM
You know what the problem with San Andreas is? The whole thing is just way to big. Vice City was a nice sized city. Not overly big and spacious. San Andreas is fun as hell to play through the first time but I never felt like I could pick it up and run-a-muck like in Vice City due to the size and scale of the game.

DK
02-09-2007, 10:51 PM
You know what the problem with San Andreas is? The whole thing is just way to big. Vice City was a nice sized city. Not overly big and spacious. San Andreas is fun as hell to play through the first time but I never felt like I could pick it up and run-a-muck like in Vice City due to the size and scale of the game.

Completely agree, I spent months and months playing Vice City after I had completed it, I had so much fun running and messing about on that game, listening to K-chat while jumping motorbikes off the car-park roof, with San Andreas I completed it in two weeks and loved it, but I just had no real desire to play it again after that.

Hazzard
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Completely agree, I spent months and months playing Vice City after I had completed it, I had so much fun running and messing about on that game, listening to K-chat while jumping motorbikes off the car-park roof, with San Andreas I completed it in two weeks and loved it, but I just had no real desire to play it again after that.

Hahahha, im sure its the other way round, because i loved san andreas and the spaciousness it had, that is what kept me playing it over and over again, vice city was a fairly good game as well, but as i have stated before..NOT on the same class as San Andreas.
In my opinion..

Comet
02-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Actually the GTA versions-Liberty stories and Vice stories, do not count as being the third GTA, they are just spin offs, and thats it. There are other GTA'S which game out before the play station 2 versions- in fact there are two others but they rule out the first one, which was made in London, i was once in possession of it but i threw it away, but ive played the second one which was based in the future. All in all they are saying that the first original grand theft autos didnt count, and they are really just acknowledging the ones made on play station 2.

Actualy rockstar have made it like this:

GTA: London
GTA: (The first one)
GTA: 2
GTA: 3
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
GTA: Liberty City Stories
GTA: Vice City Stories
GTA: 4

Rockstar is not acknologing that the PS1 GTA's don't count. Some of these GTA's have numbers or names, and there has not been GTA 4 so that's why they are making it now. But they said they may just change the 'IV' to the city the game is based in.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-11-2007, 05:47 AM
...but they rule out the first one, which was made in London...

GTA: London
GTA: (The first one)

No, you're both wrong.

There were three seperate cities in the original GTA. They were called Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City.

London was an expansion pack for GTA.

MecaKane
02-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Future GTA game? I'm gonna actually say some nice things about this for once.

What I want in the next GTA game:

No cheat codes
"I'm being a baby, and don't want people to have the kind of fun I don't approve of in this game."

A silent/nameless protagonist so the player feels more like he/she is playing as him/herself
GTA 3 actually? But the characters of Vice City and SA were better.

AI that actually acesses the situation and adjusts accordingly (like if you're in a big gun battle the enemies will do stuff like hide behind walls, throw grenades, duck for cover when the enemy is firing back, start going around looking for whomever is shooting at them when they actually hear the gunshots)
That'd be nice, but not to far off from what San Andreas had.

More penilization on the player when he just goes around and doing stuff liking blowing up buildings and killing people
see the first point I made

Eliminate offensive racial stereotypes
There are no offensive racial stereotypes. There was a white murderous killer, an Italian murderous killer, and a black murderous killer who was really much nicer than the two white ones

RPG-like content where the character's speed/strength/ability to take damage/etc
Heroic missions where the player is rewarded for doing something good, like rescue somebody, bust a badguy, or even take down a purse snatcher.
See most of San Andreas.
Wow Joel, you sure do know a lot about this series you hate so much! :love: